Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    You say pretty easy, but I'm not so sure. A lot of specs will become wonky due to not having full talents and correct gear. Some of these things won't be fixed till 85 raiding.

Also, it'd be very stupid to allow us to LoF targets who have been picked up by Ignis, Kologarn, LK, etc.

Good idea, but how about intervene (warrior)? Kinda same.

While I started to be underwhelmed with what I've seen (note: I'm not a beta tester), I've started to see more and more situations where this would very likely save a raid.

I remember several months ago, when starting Rotface 25, and the tank had a hard time kiting the slime, or would get stuck in the slime puddles- BAM, the tank is saved, and thus, the raid is going to be OK.
    Other implementations include the first few seconds after "the jump" in thaddius, that for some reason, at least one always misses, you can have them run out 15-20 yds, and pull them up (assuming you can pull them to different levels like DG lets you), allowing for more DPS time. Or even in a fight like Sindragosa, where if you have an ice tomb, and someone ran into the raid with another one, you can life grip them to you, again saving the raid from the big freeze.

Please note, these are looks at it mechanics wise, not the fight itself.

I've come to actually be really excited about this ability and it's potential. While certain guilds will see more use for this ability then others, I'm sure it'll come in handy in several positions.

The only thing I've come to ask about it, is that in the videos, I've seen a 1.5 min CD, and that it's 63% of base mana... Now, I don't claim to know how big mana pools are, but will it be worth it to send 1-2 heals to the target instead of one LoF? If any beta testers out there have any insight, I'd love to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoth View Post
    Lich King - Val'kyr grabbed someone and made it to the edge? Grab the guy back mid-air. Death saved.
    sorry, but you can't use existing fights to compare new mechanics, simply because these sort of mechanics WON'T be used in future simply because of how easily they can be trivialised. if leap of faith had existed during the lk fight, blizzard would simply have implemented a new mechanic to prevent the entire raid from being able to ignore valks and just have 3 priests grip people up.

edit - demonic teleport is the only legitimate and reliable way to avoid valkyrs, however there's only a small chance of a lock being chosen, rather than *completely* defeating valks through LoF use
    Last edited by eylieen; 2010-09-08 at 02:34 PM.