Do I need specific stats to tank 67-79 Instances?

Do I need to go for a Def cap or anything for the mid-high level instances? Im starting to get some pieces with sockets in them and should I be going for a specific Dodge/Parry/Def/Stam number or just stack stam for these instances until I hit 80 or what?

just get the cobalt crafted set and it will last you a good bit of the way to 80. its only like 20 some cobalt bars to craft the whole set

i would post link but i cant yet. just do a wowhead search for plate armor with defense named cobalt

Quote Originally Posted by Upgreyedd View Post
    just get the cobalt crafted set and it will last you a good bit of the way to 80. its only like 20 some cobalt bars to craft the whole set

i would post link but i cant yet. just do a wowhead search for plate armor with defense named cobalt
    Thanks, Grabbing this for when I hit 70. Wasn't Aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Normal instances: Grab some gear with def and stamina and a shield if your class supports it. A prot specc kinda helps.

The def MINIMUM (can't learn this early enough, there is no cap, def benefits you even after the minimum) is mostly aimed at heroics (535) and raids (540) not not get critted. Normal instances are incredibly forgiving. (Yes..so are heroics in the proper gear, don't start another "WotLK heroics are a joke QQ")
    6% from defence rating makes you crit immune. So pretty much just grab the cobalt set and just upgrade all the other spots as you go. If the healer isn't off in wonderland you shouldn't have much of a problem tanking till 80.

As long as you're picking up the correct gear upgrades from quests and dungeons, then you should have no problems with your stats.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”