Exclamation Everything i know about bots

At this point botting is getting pretty bad, its getting to the point where if you bg now you can expect to see several bots from both factions in one bg,

the followbot (my favorite as a stealthie)
    the pathincircles bot
    the standand cast/heal bot
    the GoToTheEnemyGraveyardAndDie bot

All of these bots are designed to be nearly impossible to report out of the bg
    (you see these bots a lot because gems that you can buy for 10k honor sell for 100g)

Then go out and try to make some money in shola basin farming or mining in WG and find more than one bot ungerground speedhack farming. Im starting to wonder if they are ever gonna do the next mass bot ban.. seems like its getting a little out of hand at this point!

Looking up the some of the bots on the armory is pretty interesting, all blues, char made 80 last month, over 50 thousand hk's, tons of "group" bg achievements no personal ones (capping a flag)

I know blizzard never talks about it because they want to attack the source of the problem by doing a mass ban and causing the company that sells the bots to go out of business, ( banning the bots individually only makes us feel better but doesnt solve the source of the problem )

Blizzard has a problem fixing most bots because they dont alter the actual program to do so, bots tend to be run with external applications that mimic player behavior ( they run through automated key presses and mouse clicks)

all we can do for the BG bots is report them afk ALOT, blizz tracks the number of times a player has been reported afk even if they cant get reported out ( a char making 80 last month with over 1000 afk reports is probably a bot ) and report (/gm) the farming bots, ( but hell they are REALLY hard to see, you need to have enemy tracking or have your enemy bars up to just notice them for a second seeing as how they are moving at hyperspeed UNDERGROUND)

most people dont bot on their main accounts they tend to have several accounts bought from other players.

I would request from blizzard that any character gifted or sent gold from these accounts would also get banned as well, (that probably happens but i have no idea)

*edit* + cata info!

i posted this on the cata forum on accident so im putting in the rumored info i hear about how they will handle some of the bots in cata.

i hear they are adding underground barriers/walls underneath maps to stop the underground farmers. *more to come*
    Last edited by Tetrad; 2010-09-05 at 12:49 AM. Reason: adding cata info

This is some new and interesting cataclysm information.

ah dammit did i put this in the wrong spot? - my bad -

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrad View Post
    I would request from blizzard that any character gifted or sent gold from these accounts would also get banned as well, (that probably happens but i have no idea)
    They mass the golds to 1 character, then send it to another, log off, delete the character who sent the money, and the Mail with the golds will be sent by "Unknown"

at Izenhart
    ugh, i hope that doesnt work as well as it sounds like it does
    Last edited by Tetrad; 2010-09-05 at 12:51 AM.