Poll: Is auto shot an ability or no? :P

Thread: Auto shot

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    If auto shot is an ability than auto attack should be too. Yeah its only for hunters but still its stupid. Its not an ability. Automatic things shouldn't even exist in this game. If you want to deal damage you have to work for it. My moonkin don't automatically fires Wrath on my enemy. I have to click it every single 1 sec. If i don't click anything, than i have 0 dmg. Should be the same for melee and hunters. Make their real abilities to fill up the gaps. There should be no time when you can't push a button and your clicky abilities should deal all the damage.
    And your damage is adjusted accordingly. Auto attack abilities are taken into account for each class that uses them when Blizzard calculates class DPS and balances around it. Thats just a troll whine. You press the same number of buttons as a Hunter. I'm steady shotting if something is on CD like you're using wrath. If they removed auto shot they'd just increase the damage for each shot to compensate.

Bonus: You can auto attack as a moonkin in melee like every other class. So there you go. You can afk DPS like everyone else.
    Last edited by Malania; 2010-09-05 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    If auto shot is an ability than auto attack should be too. Yeah its only for hunters but still its stupid. Its not an ability. Automatic things shouldn't even exist in this game. If you want to deal damage you have to work for it. My moonkin don't automatically fires Wrath on my enemy. I have to click it every single 1 sec. If i don't click anything, than i have 0 dmg. Should be the same for melee and hunters. Make their real abilities to fill up the gaps. There should be no time when you can't push a button and your clicky abilities should deal all the damage.
    I can give you some of those things, but the damage is totally irrelevant, but yeah you would never "press" auto attack on a boss, you´d start with something else, instead you would press moonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanyou View Post
    I can give you some of those things, but the damage is totally irrelevant, but yeah you would never "press" auto attack on a boss, you´d start with something else, instead you would press moonfire.
    Very true for bosses, but working on loremaster for the past week, I find myeslf "pressing" auto attack more than any other abiliy.

Edit: auto *shot*
    Last edited by slacker575; 2010-09-05 at 04:20 AM. Reason: typo

Ok listen up boys, me and my friends have been discussing alot lately is auto shot really an ability or not? xD
    Some things to say.

1. This isn't Warcraft 3 sir, it's WoW
    2. As someone a couple posts above me stated, blizzard already defined this as an ability. It's located in the marksmanship tab, you have an automatic 15% haste built into it, and no other class has it. There shouldn't really be a discussion about it. It's an ability simple as that.
    3. You claim to be arguing but all I've read was you saying "oh in Warcraft 3 it's not an ability"
    4. Why do you keep on saying "listen up boys" and stuff like that after people have asked you not to? You have this attitude that is disrespectful to the people here and frankly, it's annoying. I don't know whether you're being serious or a troll.
    Playing 2's is like shooting yourself in the kneecaps and wondering why it hurts.

Deleted
    I know you are pushing the same amount of buttons. But i would make them hit harder but remove auto shot. With this everybody should have full control over their dps. Auto attacks is the cause i never loved melee and never played one for long. Its just strange so i prefer casters without it.

---------- Post added 2010-09-05 at 04:30 AM ----------

I can auto attack of course and there was a time when moonkins have to auto attack to generate mana :S Bad old times. The worst that ever could happen to a caster is that. Auto attack for mana...

Why does it matter if they call it "Auto" shot. You seem to be saying it is not an ability because it fires automatically - well that is ridiculous. Dots do damage automatically but they are abilities.

No, Auto shot is an ability and just because it has the word "Auto" in the ability's name doesn't make it any less of an ability than every other ability in game. They could have called the ability "Ability to shoot arrows more frequently than other classes have the ability to do so, this ability has built in haste and you have this ability so that you don't have to keep clicking the ability every 2 seconds while needing to click you other abilities." but that would be a stupid thing to name an ability like the auto shot ability.

Do you understand now, that the ability auto shot is an ability? *Twitch*
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-09-05 at 04:57 AM.

You are wrong. Please read over all of the previous posts explaining to you why you are wrong.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Obvious now that he's either a troll or.."slow".

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, it's not an ability. It's the same as Attack, with a warrior, or anything else. Completely required for the game to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    In my opinion, it's not an ability. It's the same as Attack, with a warrior, or anything else. Completely required for the game to function.
    It isn't anything to do with opinion though. It is a simple statement of fact. Autoshot is an ability. That's like saying In my opinion the world isn't round. It is. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's definitely an ability, i often used to deactivate it manually in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Honestly mate, you've had 10 people disagree with you and say it is an ability. You have what you asked for, the consensus is 'It's an ability' Arguing with us to try to convince us otherwise is rather pointless.
    and this.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Every class should have auto attack and auto shot. There is no reason why we get Shoot and they get Auto Shot.

My vote: Not an ability. Since when are auto attacks considered abilities?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Every class should have auto attack and auto shot. There is no reason why we get Shoot and they get Auto Shot.

My vote: Not an ability. Since when are auto attacks considered abilities?
    Argh. It is an ability because it is classed under the Marksman tab of the spellbook as an ability.
    It is a unique spell that only hunters have that adds haste to their normal, automatically fired shots. However, they are only automatically fired when you USE the ABILITY. If you click it twice it stops, if you click it once or right click a target it is fired, just like clicking any other ability. It's so very simple.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    However, they are only automatically fired when you USE the ABILITY. If you click it twice it stops, if you click it once or right click a target it is fired, just like clicking any other ability. It's so very simple.
    Auto attack works this way and it's in the general tab. Auto shot also activates when you right click a target, like auto attack.

---------- Post added 2010-09-05 at 02:40 AM ----------

If you Thottbot the spells, Auto Shot is under Class Skills while Auto Attack is under Not Displayed.

I'm sad now.

---------- Post added 2010-09-05 at 02:41 AM ----------

I guess technically the old Auto Shot would've been a basic attack, right? But because the new one has 15% haste that it's considered a spell.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Auto attack works this way and it's in the general tab. Auto shot also activates when you right click a target, like auto attack.
    Your point being?
    Auto attack is completely different from auto shot. Hunters, afterall, have both. If auto shot wasn't an ability they would have just the one auto attack which would work at both range and melee.
    Auto shot is an ability that you have to activate that fires your ranged weapon with increased speed. Just because it has auto in the name, doesn't mean it isn't an ability. And just because you can right click a target to use it that doesn't mean it isn't an ability - that's just Blizzard making you have to put one less ability on your action bar.

Edit: Just to make it really clear - auto attack, that is in the general tab, is different from auto shot, which is an ability in the marksmanship tab. Auto shot. Is. An. Ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a dumb topic. Why am I even here?

Right. Hunters. The answer is yes. Move along.

Also. I'm not a boy. GTFO.
    Axetoface.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not an ability, do you ever have to push it? no
    it also is a white hit not yellow meaning not a special ability

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    its not an ability, do you ever have to push it? no
    it also is a white hit not yellow meaning not a special ability
    Are you serious? Or just trolling?
    Yes you have to activate it, it is an ability, in the Marksmanship talent tab of the hunter spellbook.
    I honestly, really don't know how to put it any more simply. I'm sorry this is the best I can do, if you don't understand that I can't help you. I don't think anyone can help you -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless this is an "RP" question, it IS in fact an ability. Hell, even if it were an RP question, the answer is yes shooting is an ability (granted not a hunter-only ability).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Unless this is an "RP" question, it IS in fact an ability. Hell, even if it were an RP question, the answer is yes shooting is an ability (granted not a hunter-only ability).
    Finally someone who is not brain dead =P But yes it is a hunter ability. No one else has auto shot.