10+ Year Old Account

Wotlk Heirlooms in Cataclysm question

Do Wotlk Heirlooms work in Cataclysm ? I'm not sure they change lvl when you lvl up ( do they ? ). But do they work ? I mean , if you turn-in a quest at lvl 82 with a lvl 80 heirloom , do you still get the 10% Experience ?

The Wotlk heirlooms will only work up until level 80, after that they stop working (aka stop scaling level and you won't get extra experience) you would need cata heirlooms to go all the way to 85.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    Do Wotlk Heirlooms work in Cataclysm ? I'm not sure they change lvl when you lvl up ( do they ? ). But do they work ? I mean , if you turn-in a quest at lvl 82 with a lvl 80 heirloom , do you still get the 10% Experience ?
    You don't get the XP bonus, and they stop scaling at 80.

There will be Cataclysm Heirlooms to close the gap but they generally don't like people going through the content right off the bat with modifiers.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    You don't get the XP bonus, and they stop scaling at 80.

There will be Cataclysm Heirlooms to close the gap but they generally don't like people going through the content right off the bat with modifiers.
    Thank you. But those Cataclysm Heirlooms.. Are they obly available at lvl 85 or you can get them before or while leveling ?

The cataclysm heirlooms will only be available at level 85. Otherwise that would defeat the purpose of making the WotLK heirlooms stop at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    Thank you. But those Cataclysm Heirlooms.. Are they obly available at lvl 85 or you can get them before or while leveling ?
    They'll only be available at 85, as far as we know. It's a bit hard to say without seeing the full requirement on buying Guild heirlooms, but I imagine there will be a level 85 requirement on buying those as Blizzard generally speaking, as Krekko said, doesn't like anyone going through the content the first time with modifiers.

Woltk herilooms will work only up to level 80 so If you get 1 character to 85 you can buy the new 2 herilooms which include a helmet and a cape. Its going to break down like this 1-80 (If you have the chest, shoulders, helmet and cape) you will get 40% extra exp from killing monster quest and what not. Once you hit level 81 (If you have the helmet and cape) you will only get 20% extra exp but, the chest and shoulders will not work at all.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Woltk herilooms will work only up to level 80 so If you get 1 character to 85 you can buy the new 2 herilooms which include a helmet and a cape. Its going to break down like this 1-80 (If you have the chest, shoulders, helmet and cape) you will get 40% extra exp from killing monster quest and what not. Once you hit level 81 (If you have the helmet and cape) you will only get 20% extra exp but, the chest and shoulders will not work at all.
    so if it works like that does that mean that the wotlk heirlooms be avalable with what ever system they are useing to get heirlooms in cata. if not no one new will have wotlk heirlooms once they get to 80 cos they can't get the badges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream View Post
    The cataclysm heirlooms will only be available at level 85. Otherwise that would defeat the purpose of making the WotLK heirlooms stop at 80.
    Thank you !