Now that I have reached 70... on the way to 80

Hey all,

I was just looking for a decent build (or two) to quickly level my mage to 80. what I am hoping for in an answer is a build to do quests and grinding with and then an alternative build to activate while using the random dungeon feature. I suppose these could be one in the same but lets just say I would like to be at the top of the DPS charts while in the dungeon as well. Should I use this time to practice future mechanics for raiding? if so what spec should I go ahead and build as my dual so I can accomplish this. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I leveled my mage as this spec from 64 to 80, as long as you don't stack ab past 2, its very very mana efficient. In addition you pick up 2min evocates.
    The spec is the standard arcane raid spec, with 1 point moved from magic attunement to slow.
    Rotation on melee mobs is: ab slow ab mbarr, or ab slow ab ab mbarr. Depending on if you had a mbarr proc. Ranged mobs, just drop slow.
    Dungeon dps is great, as this spec is practically a raiding dps spec.
    Last edited by Confessor Kahlan; 2010-09-05 at 08:11 PM.

Go frost, it makes up for the lack of crit on your gear that you need for fire and the lack of haste you would need for arcane.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Kahlan View Post
    I leveled my mage as this spec from 64 to 80, as long as you don't stack ab past 2, its very very mana efficient. In addition you pick up 2min evocates.
    The spec is the standard arcane raid spec, with 1 point moved from magic attunement to slow.
    Rotation on melee mobs is: ab slow ab mbarr, or ab slow ab ab mbarr. Depending on if you had a mbarr proc. Ranged mobs, just drop slow.
    Dungeon dps is great, as this spec is practically a raiding dps spec.
    I tried to level my mage as arcane but at northrend it seems mobs hit me quite alot and without ice barrier its hard geuss i could try using slow more and see if that helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stick with frost. It gives you the most crowd control that you'll need compared to the other specs and does enough damage to get you leveled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost is great for dungeons - beefy Blizzards, Cold Snap for double IV on bosses and big, big Deep Freeze hits (was doing like 10k with DF in the early 60's). Plus Ice Barrier will save your arse with healers who are still learning.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Frost, I will agree is the easiest, but its so boring. Arcane or even fire add a lot more variety.