Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post The apparent Horde and Alliance Inner Strife

It's got me thinking: What if they were to split up? Sure each race will prolly still refer to themselves as being Horde/Alliance but not part of the collective Horde/Alliance. I got to thinking this after seeing the new intros.

Here's how I'd see 'em if they were to break off into separate factions:

Alliance

Stormwind/Gilneas: It's obvious Stormwind is playing host to the only remaining free Human (sort of) nation left on the continent after the Forsaken Invaded Gilneas. Varian's overall disliking of the Forsaken (and holding them personally respobsible for the death of Bolvar) made accepting the Gilneans back into the Alliance an easy choice.

Relating to the other Alliance Races: Weather they've still got the backing of Ironforge is a pretty good question given what's going on over there. Sure, Muradin's doing his best to hold things down but they are kinda on the brink of another clan war. The Gnomes are like the back sheep of the Alliance. Their assistance in both The Burning Crusade and the Fall of the Lich King seemed to have gone unrecognized by Stormwind. The Night Elves continue to be a valuable ally as the only race on Kalimdor that can challenge the Horde. The return of Malfurion Stormrage means Tyrande can focus efforts on dealing with the Orcs in Ashenvale and Stonetalon. With the Vanguard in Barrens the Night Elves could open a new front from the north and make things interesting. Varian will likely want to keep the Draenei close to him simply because they have experience fighting the Orcs in Outland.

Khaz Modan-Dwarves: The three Dwarven Clans are going through some issues with the new council and all. The Dark Irons are split between those loyal to Moira who join the Alliance and those loyal to the Twilight Hammer who seek only war. If the Dwarven Alliance doesn't tear itself apart, it'll be that much stronger in the long run.

Relating to the Gnomes: The Dwarves' inviting the Dark Irons into Ironforge left their Gnomish cousins as the odd men and women out. They were leery of the Gnome Warlocks (more so after one "accidently" summoned Lord Jaxxus at the Argent Tournament) anyway so kicking them out must have been seen as necessary. Weather or not their relation to each other is effected remains to be seen.

Khaz Modan-Gnomes: They were kicked out of Ironforge. Geblin says "Meh, we're going to retake Gnomeregan anyway." Obviously, the boot from IF sped up the need to retake their capital and so far they're about 25% there (if I had to guess). There's no deny the Gnomes' technological ingenuity so they know they'll always be needed in the grand scheme of things.

Relating to the Dwarves: Can't help but wonder if there's a little bit of animosity between the two races. In part because they were kicked out of IF but also because of the unrest the Dark Irons brought to Dun Morogh. I get the feeling the Gnomes might have worn out their welcome at some point but the loss of Magni and Moira's return were too much to handle along with the Gnomes' situation.

Night Elves-Teldrassil: The return of Malfurion as a leader in Darnassus allows Tyrande to focus resources on dealing with the maurading Orcs in Ashenvale and Stonetalon as well as the Goblins who've terraformed Azshara. The fact that she accepted the Highborne back into Darnassus--powerful Mages who were responsible for introducing the Burning Legion to Azaroth--shows the Night Elves are willing to be more open and have come a long way from just after the Third War.

Relating to the Highborne: Although the Highborne were the ones who lured The Burning Legion to Azaroth and led to the destruction of The Well of Eternity (as well as the creation of The Maelstrom between the continents), the Cataclysm and several other factors have made inviting them back into the Teldrassil vital to the survival of the Kaldorei. I doubt Tyrande and Malfurion will ever fully forgive them (more so Malfurion after what happened to Illidan) but there's no denying the need for Elves proficient in the Arcane on Kalimdor.

Night Elves-Highborne: Ten Thousand years ago, they were the elite magic users of Azaroth. That all changed when they made contact with The Burning Legion. Their lure of power and their aggrogance nearly destroyed the world. The Night Elves' victory over the Burning Legion was not without cost. The Well of Eternity, Kalodorei's fount of power was lost to an world-shaking Cataclysm. Ten Millenia Later, the return of an ancient enemy to Azaroth has brought the exiled Highborne out of hiding. After meeting with Tyrande Whisperwind, the Kaldorei were allowed entry to Teldrassil and gave the Highborne permission to share their knowledge of the Arcane to the rest of their people.

Relating to Teldrassil: Azshara was the Queen of the Night Elves (then also known as the Highborne) prior to the First War. She and a number of her vassals disappeared when the Well of Eternity was lost but it's since been revealed she and her followers were transformed into Naga. The current leader of the Highborne has not yet been revealed (as far as I know) but whoever convinced Tyrande in the need for Darnassus to have them back.

Draenei of The Exodar: After the Burning Legion was defeated, many Draenei returned to Outland but the majority chose to stay on Azaroth and support the Alliance. Not much more than that is known but the Draenei have had a close relationship with the Night Elves ever since their arrival on Azaroth.

Overall: If the Alliance were to split, it would be to deal with internal politics. The Dwarves are obvious in this regard and possibly the Night Elves in dealing with the reintroduction of The Highborne. The Night Elves (with help from the Draenei) and Humans (with help from the Gnomes and Worgen) would still be able to handle things with the Horde on Kalimdor and Former Lordaeron, though.

Horde

Orgrimmar: With the new Warchief, it's obvious the direction of the Horde is uncertain. Unlike his predeccessor (Thrall), Garrosh doesn't seem intent maintaining a positive relationship with Sylvanas, Vol'Jin and the new Tauren Chief, Baine. He's not entirely opposed to diplomacy--he did welcome the Goblins of Kezan into the Horde, after all!

Relating to the other Horde Races: Garrosh dueled Cairne and is indirectly responsible for his death so he and Baine have a somewhat strained relationship. Sylvanas and Garrosh obviously hate each other and seems to have left the Trolls and Blood Elves to their own devices. The Goblins rescuing former Warchief Thrall led to their entry into the Horde and a piece of Orgrimmar to call their own.

Echo Isles: The Darkspear Trolls recently retook the land given to them by the previous Warchief, Thrall. They consider themselves loyal members of the Horde but it looks like Vol'Jin is playing a "sit an wait" game with the strained relationship between Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff and The Undercity.

Thunder Bluff: The death of Cairne Bloodhoof was the perfect excuse for Magatha Grimtotem to try to seize power. Not only were her plans twarted but her faction was kicked out of Mulgore. The mantle of Tauren leadership is now on Cairne's son Baine, who must find a way to restablish a friendly relationship with the new Warchief and keep his people together.

The Undercity/Forsaken: With the defeat of the Lich King, Sylvanas Windrunner has been forced to play lapdog to the new Warchief. At the Battle of Anguarthar, HighApothecary Putress betrayed the Horde and unleashed the New Plague on the Alliance, Horde and Scourge forces gathered. The Undercity was taken over her Varamathras, who together with Putress drove her from power. Backed by Warchief Thrall, she retook The Undercity and slew the traitorous dreadlord...only to find King Varian Wrynn had come looking to retake The Undercity after defeating Putress. Although Jaina intervened by teleporting the Alliance Forces back to Stormwind, the Forsaken were blamed as a whole for the betrayal and war the King of Stormwind declared on the Horde. Sylvanas now finds herself doing whatever she must to show the distrust her people gained in Northrend from the rest of the Horde was falsely placed.

Silvermoon City: After Kael'Thas Sunstrider and The Burning Legion were defeated, Regent Lord Lorthe'mar Theron more or less is now the permanent leader of the Sindorei of Quel'Thalas. With the Sunwell purified, the plan is to cure the Felbloods, Wretched and other Sindorei who partook of the demonic energies offered to them by the Traitor Prince and The Burning Legion.

Overall: I could see the Horde break into subfactions--The Orcs, Trolls and Goblins as one faction and the Forsaken, Tauren and Blood Elves as the other. Unlike the Draenei, the Blood Elves were introduced to the Horde through Sylvanas. Based on that, it's likely Lorthe'mar would side with her both because of that and because they're close to each other. I could also see TB wanting to join with the Undercity-Silvermoon faction simply because of their distrust of the new Warchief. Knowing Sylvanas perfected the New Plague, which can kill both the living and undead he's not dumb enough to try to attack The Undercity. The Trolls would side with Orgrimmar simply because not doing so to them would mean to dishonor Thrall, who gave them the Echo Isles. The Goblins helped the Horde "upgrade" their naval power so...yeah.

Mind you, much of this is just what I've been mulling over. If the Horde were to split, the Forsaken would suddenly become the most dangerous faction on Azaroth simply because they're undead. At least with Thrall they kept themselves restrained to an extent but on their own, only the Argent Crusade/Dawn and The Ebon Blade would be a match for them.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Well the Horde breaking up within the context of WoW is an impossibility thanks to the mechanics of an MMO.

However I do agree that we haven't seen the conclusion of the general distrust and animosity within the ranks of the Horde. The issues with Baine and Vol'jin would likely be resolved simply by the eventual return of Thrall but Sylvanis is another matter.

Garrosh doesn't like her one bit, but will likely tolerate her practices as long as the Forsaken keep winning and they avoid conflict with the Argent Crusade or Cenarion Circle. But Thrall is a little more principled. Unlike Garrosh, Thrall believes that peace between the Alliance and Horde is the preferred outcome of the war, and he might view the use of Val'kyr to raise new Forsaken as a tactic that is not only unnatural, but further enrages the Alliance and makes an eventual peace even more improbable.

So basically the issues between Sylvanis and the rest of the Horde will have to be resolved before, or immediately after Thrall's return to Orgrimmar.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Taurens are on the Neutral/Friendly with the Orcs atm.

Garrosh helped get back Thunder Bluff. Baine has a respect for him, to an extent.
    They wouldnt "leave" the horde, and i doubt they would like what the forsaken are doing. Since they're all Nature like. Just like the Nightelves
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

Deleted
    The horde breaking up is imposible but i think if thrall returns to ogrimmar and sees what garrosh did he get angry and trying to kill garrosh maybe thats possible

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know where it says the gnomes were "booted out" I thought blizzard said they left by their own will because they really didnt want to get involved in the dwarven politics, also the gnome warlock didnt really mean to summon Lord Jaxxus, he just used to much power because he wanted to show how powerful he was, and he died because of it, and Im pretty sure the internal struggles the Horde and Alliance are feeling will be put on hold when they realize they should be fighting the enemy instead of eachother
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

I'm hoping that Koltira becomes the new leader of the Forsaken at some point. I'm sick of Sylvanas's shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    I want to know where it says the gnomes were "booted out" I thought blizzard said they left by their own will because they really didnt want to get involved in the dwarven politics, also the gnome warlock didnt really mean to summon Lord Jaxxus, he just used to much power because he wanted to show how powerful he was, and he died because of it, and Im pretty sure the internal struggles the Horde and Alliance are feeling will be put on hold when they realize they should be fighting the enemy instead of eachother
    It`s still word of WARcraft so i think they will keep fighting each other based on all the things Aurabolt pointed in this thread.

Deleted
    so many typos

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the Tauren would ever join with the Forsaken, them being zombies or 'beings against nature' and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    I doubt the Tauren would ever join with the Forsaken, them being zombies or 'beings against nature' and all.
    Tauren are the ones who supported the Forsakens entry into the Horde the most
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

Deleted
    The Forsaken need, very badly, a champion of their "own kind". Putress is the only named forsaken that really comes to mind atm. 1 Possibility is the fellow with 2 doggies at eastern kingdoms in his own house there, who has the title "Champion of Sylvanas". Every other race seems to have named heroes that are big parts of lore 1 way or another, even blood elves seem to be getting Lorthermar Theron fellow taking up his responsibilities as a successor to Kael´thas Sunstrider. Baine is known from Warcraft 3 campaign, Orc´s have bunch of "war heroes" and such, Trolls got Voljin, Goblins got their greedy spidertank riding leader Gallywix, but representing the forsaken we have a blood elf banshee/ranger. Blizz has been too keen in killing old lore characters while not creating new ones, which gives the feeling that the warcraft series is getting to an end. Warcraft movie might be a savior for that, but its been frozen for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think THrall is gunna come back and exhile garrosh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    I think THrall is gunna come back and exhile garrosh
    thats what i said :P

Deleted
    Correction, the Grimtotem are the ones who supported the Forsaken. Reason why the Tauren would NOT join the Forsaken.

and vol'jin isnt exactly going to allying himself with Garrosh anytime soon. He essentially said he was going to fight for the horde, not for garrosh.

Very interesting perspective. The Alliance have problems of there own but its not as extreme as the obvious conflicts between Garrosh and other members of the horde. The Tauren are going to be forgiving eventually. But I cannot see the trolls supporting Garrosh anytime soon. Sylvanas will be sylvanas. I hope Nathanos Blightcaller, the Champion of the Forsaken comes back. He could use some action.
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

True, but that's because they viewed the Forsaken as a cursed race in need of guidance. This is simply because they saw a parallel between the Forsaken breaking free of the scourge, and the Orcs breaking free of the Legion.

But now it's clear that the Forsaken are starting to drift down a path that makes them much less distinguishable from their former masters. That combined with the fact that it was the now-exiled Grimtotems who pushed hardest for their admittance means the Tauren now have no special loyalty to the Forsaken beyond what being in the Horde requires.

I will of course reiterate that the Forsaken's current tactics is not a problem that will splinter the Horde, but is merely an issue that much be dealt with in due time.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

The way I see it:

The horde: orcs and trolls, some goblin mercenaries, some tauren mercenaries.

In general, the tauren pull out because they are on friendly grounds with the Kaldorei yet still owe Thrall for saving them. They're displeased with the new 'lets go start war, chaos and death!' direction that derpy mc emopants wants to take the horde as its against their basic tenants. The Tauren strive for peace and harmony in nature, not war and death.

The blood elves realize that allying with the horde was a horrible bit of lore twisting and go it alone. The *hate* the trolls, they don't like orcs, they don't really share any common goals with the tauren.

The Forsaken - the new scourge goes off to kill kill kill and nobody wants anything to do with them. The horde keeps ties as it's in Garrosh's benefit to see the forsaken plague up the alliance and he's to stupid to realize that if the forsaken were to win, the horde would be next. However, they know the Tauren could not take a full on alliance (tauren should hate the forsaken most of any race) Some forsaken realize that Sylvanas is an effing hypocrite and go join up with Silvermoon, having only allegiance to their former kingdom and former allies of silvermoon.

The night elves go it alone but keep trade and friendly ties with the alliance and the tauren. The Night elves are basically strong enough to be their own faction, they have civilization all over a continent and are very powerful. The night elves, dryads, keepers etc. They go to war against Sylvanas, and are hostile to the horde. They ignore the blood elves for the most part, but don't like them much.

The humans (and human worgen) of Stormwind, Stromgarde, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, and Theramore stick with the dwarves of Ironforge, wildhammer, (and I guess some dark iron?), the gnomes of gnomeregan, and the remaining high elves that didn't decide to break their powerful alliance just because a single alliance commander was a big meanie to them. The draenei stick with the alliance and are hired to drive their ships (oh snap!).

This seems most plausible to me. Of course, with Garrosh mc derpy derp going to war, the horde would probably end up crushed and back in internment camps.

And of course, the Argent crusade is going to come down like the fist of an angry god against Sylvannas. If they finally defeated the Lich King, I think Sylvannas will be little match, even if she is getting some of the scourge's toys.

Seriously though, if the argent crusade doesn't lift a hand against these people doing exactly the things that the crusade (argent dawn, silver hand etc) were created to stop, I'm going to call foul.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2010-09-05 at 10:23 PM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

i dont think if thrall returns anything bad will happen to garrosh. it was thrall who put garrosh in charge so he had an expectation of what could happen. him just exiling or killing garrosh when a lot of the horde does support him won't solve anything.

Love how any thread that slightly mentions Garrosh instantly becomes an Anti-Garrosh Hate Thread. One track mind FTW.
    Garrosh Hellscream... Making the Alliance/Horde Carebears cry since 2010.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
    Love how any thread that slightly mentions Garrosh instantly becomes an Anti-Garrosh Hate Thread. One track mind FTW.
    What did you expect, it's human nature. One can never be disappointed enough by people.