Poll: Which ranged class for (rated) BGs?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The ruler of rated BGs is...

What ranged class do you think will fare the best, overall, in (rated) bgs in cata? Don't care about arenas, and I'm NOT asking for what's going to be faceroll OP at launch (b/c we all know what will happen to the class that is). I really only enjoy ranged pvp, have played a hunter previously and enjoyed it a lot, but would like to start something now and have it ready for cata...I know it's beta, but things are starting to shape up. What do you think?
    Last edited by Saphothere; 2010-09-06 at 02:42 AM.

Scorch while moving? No mana cost on it? Insta-pyros? Yes please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say obviously, but looking at how these classes have been in the past and still are in BG's, I will have to say Hunter or Mage.

im suprised no one voted for balance druid

they seem to be pretty OP from looking at the stuff there getting in cataclysm.although i havent looked at the hunter and mage stuff.oh and have they said anything about gear(i thought i saw something about tol barad pvp vendor info on here or somethin)you get from rated bgs?.would it be like the stuff you can get with arena ratings,etc now cuz thats always been kinda annoying that all the good pvp gear is arena rating required cuz i dont really arena pvp
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2010-09-05 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Hunters have always been a VERY strong ranged, I'm guessing they'll stick to that...Moving Scorch sounds nice for chasing flags though!

Deleted
    i reckon the hunter will get alot better with Camo at 85, will make it great for sneaking

15+ Year Old Account
    i think ele shamans. got good burst. the new lava burst reset is gona be good.

Hate to say it but it all depends on your comp. If your gonna be doing serious rated BGs you will prolly be running with them same people who you prolly all ready know. I would say whatever class none of your BG mates have is gonna be your best bet.

moonkins are going to be interesting with an aoe silence, starfall, and a rather impressive 70% frost trap covering the battlefield.

plus they are the ultimate taunt; allowing the other casters to free cast
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

theres going to be rated bgs? in cata?

Hunters. Hunters always rocked at delivering "skilled pawning" from behind the raids while having 10 mil escape abilities should some rogue/druid jump on them and let their mates deal with the agressor.

Unfortunately, each class has their major weakness and this is why good team balance is going to be important when rated BGS hit.

I also think that Blizzard will put in place rules to prevent teams made up of one to many of a certain class.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Hunters, they've always been extremely useful in battlegrounds in almost any situation not just because of their ranged damage but their utility. The only class that would compete with them I think would be a warrior because put 2 or 3 healers behind a geared warrior and he won't die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroosaydur View Post
    theres going to be rated bgs? in cata?
    Welcome to 2009, where cata has been announced including rated bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    hunter will always be the ruler of BGs (as far as DDers go)

then afliction lock (dispels will be very expensive, UA, imp HoT, DL=5%/tick and everyone's health will be like 80k)

then mage (i choose fire, i'm tired of frost)

ps: i've seen ele shamans kill people in 2 sec in beta though. its crazy O_o

assuming hunters retain many of their same characteristics in the xfer from mana to focus, hunters have always dominated midfield in WSG...and will remain a strong class to defend flags in AB.

Overall, probably hunters. If camo is even half as good as it is now, it will only make it easier.

For just a single class? Warlocks. They can abuse port, unkillable, great damage.

Either way I am going to roll in with all of my characters arena teams, my druid and warrior mates on lock, warrior and priest mates on mage, and other warrior / warlock mates on druid. Should be real strong esp with 5s teams as well in there.

For WSG, anything + 9 priests. Bonus if that anything is a rogue. Rogue stealths up, grabs the flag, and is pulled back to the base by a chain of LoFing priests. Rinse, repeat, win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetizer View Post
    For WSG, anything + 9 priests. Bonus if that anything is a rogue. Rogue stealths up, grabs the flag, and is pulled back to the base by a chain of LoFing priests. Rinse, repeat, win.
    That was my idea too.

I'd also like to see the reverse with the enemy FC and death knights.

And really, any class would work. Druids can stealth- So can mages. bubbles, etc.