Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan3d View Post
    they need there own shot? i guess having BA pets isnt enough i guess if you want your own shot get ready not to be special anymore cuz all other hunters will want all your pet skills
    You're also missing the point; Stronger pets only ends up in bigger damage numbers, having bestial wrath is really nothing more than a damage cooldown. Neither changes up your rotation at all in the way that the special survival and marksmen shots do.

ya, all im saying is that the rotation is waay too boring, baisicly ur pressing like 3 buttons, and they took out rhumba, so no shooting snakes, and cobra shot isnt really that special,

Shouldn't the BM hunter rely on the synergy between him and his pet?

The pet doesn't have to be overpowered, but the tree could be something like...

"If pet gains X buff, X Shot becomes % more powerful for X seconds"

etc

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Shouldn't the BM hunter rely on the synergy between him and his pet?

The pet doesn't have to be overpowered, but the tree could be something like...

"If pet gains X buff, X Shot becomes % more powerful for X seconds"

etc
    That doesn't really add anything to the rotation, though; most buffs that work in that manner are fit easily into the instant-cast rotation of a hunter because unless the buff only lasts a few seconds, you're assured to be able to fire off the buffed shot within the scope of your normal rotation.

One thing that's been suggested (and even existed in very early alpha) was a shot that worked to buff pet damage. Never understood why they removed it completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that BM needs its own shot. It does need to be more than just X does more damage than Y. Survival as explosive shot, tranq shot, and black arrow, all interesting abilities. MM has aimed shot, and chimera shot, which are more shells of what they used ot be, but they are still very useful. And BM will have... Buffs to two attacks that don't really change up the rotation beyond names.

Though honestly, that'd be okay if we had other nice abilities as a BM... Like if when we used eyes of the beast, our stats were added to our pets, and thus we deal even more damage. Or if we got an ability to summon two random pets from our five active pets to help fight for X seconds. Or maybe an ability where we turn into a copy of our pet, with armor, and the pet and it's master can attack the enemy together. Because honestly, beastmastery isn't about shooting things until they die, it's about working with your pet to be awesome.

Kill Command, it doesn't matter about it being "not engaging as a shot", it adds something to your rotation, and that's good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Why do all the Hunter specs need to have the same thing to be "interesting"? Yeah, I know you aren't asking for the exact same spells...but basing the rotations for all specs of one class around a "Shot" spell makes the class more boring as a whole, in my opinion.
    Nyuthing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Kill Command, it doesn't matter about it being "not engaging as a shot", it adds something to your rotation, and that's good enough.
    Sure you add it to rotation, but do you do something special after you click it?
    Compare kill command to the signature shots of the other specs.
    Survival:
    Tranq shot: Crowd control, and a more powerful poison. The onlything to prevent constant use is resistances and it's cool down.
    Explosive shot: a lot of damage, good crit chance, and only 100 more mana.
    Black arrow: more damage, but unable to use the flame traps.
    MM:
    Aimed shot: used to be somehting that does damage and decreases healing, now it's a long cast with massive damage. It changes around the rotation much more.
    Chimera shot: Extra damage, plus never having to hit serpent sting more than once on a enemy.
    And then there's BM's kill command...
    It's a instant ability. The only thing it will do to your rotation is make you lose some focus, if it even costs any. And it's just a buff to pet's attack, that's just dull. Now if kill command was something like... waiting until your pet runs back to you, then it leaps onto the enemy and begins clawing/biting/snapping the heck out of it, that would be a interesting thing to add to your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    And it's just a buff to pet's attack, that's just dull.
    Doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    Tranq shot: Crowd control, and a more powerful poison. The onlything to prevent constant use is resistances and it's cool down.
    It's called Wyvern Sting, Tranq Shot is an ability that removes enrage effects and magic buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's called Wyvern Sting, Tranq Shot is an ability that removes enrage effects and magic buffs.
    Ahh yeah... either way I forget they are on my bar. Too few uses for them.

---------- Post added 2010-09-05 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Doesn't matter.
    Oh, then if it doesn't matter, why don't we take away all of the hunter's abilities minus kill command. That sounsd like WONDERFUL gameplay doesn't it?

of course that won't be happening, but it's not much to ask for some abilities that actually are interesting for BM, rather than just buffs to attack or speed.

That doesn't really add anything to the rotation, though; most buffs that work in that manner are fit easily into the instant-cast rotation of a hunter because unless the buff only lasts a few seconds, you're assured to be able to fire off the buffed shot within the scope of your normal rotation.

One thing that's been suggested (and even existed in very early alpha) was a shot that worked to buff pet damage. Never understood why they removed it completely.
    This would likely be due to the rotation becoming too complex for their liking. It's typically why moves get deleted. Either they don't "quite fit in" or they ruin the "dream rotation" the devs have.

Or they let you leap over walls into what should be impassable terrain.

I was thinking maybe "butt shot". "You shoot your pet in the butt, causing him to fight harder and attacks faster. Stacks 5 times."

Sounds BMish to meh

Beast masters get Gopher shot.

It fires gophers.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM isn't about your shots, it's about your pet. The focus isn't on the Hunter, it's on the balance of Hunter + Pet. The Hunter's already superman, so they buff the pet, no need for another Hunter BM Ability imo.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Beast Shot
    35 focus, 8-35 yards
    Your pet climbs onto/into your bow, crossbow, or gun, and fires out, dealing X% damage plus your pets attack power, and causes an effect based on the type of your pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    I entirely agree with this; I'm honestly very surprised and a bit disappointed that it didn't happen with this expansion. I honestly feel that Cobra Shot would have been much better served as a deep-BM tree talented shot. Hunters already have two shots that share cooldowns - namely arcane shot and explosive shot - and having another shot that 'shares' a 'cooldown', cobra shot and steady shot, seems pointless to me.
    I don't see why having more than one ability that shares cooldown with something else matters. However I thought Blizzard said something about a talent in BM that would reduce the cast time of Cobra Shot to 1.5 while other Hunters has to have 2.5, but there is no sign of that one. Also since they said they would increase pets damage to up to 20-30% (for SV/MM) of your total damage that would also mean that the DPS from the pet when in BM will increase with more than it does on live, compared to the other specs.

For a sidenote, I don't see why BM should have a signature shot. They already have a signature ability which is Bestial Wrath/Beast Within.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    But "doing fine" is kind of irrelevant, people would probably do just fine not spending any talent points at all - BM is still lacking something special, as I recall Blizzard did say something about Cobra shot but BM currently doesn't seem to get anything boosting it.
    Beast within is pretty special, they're probably turning BM into the PvP tree for hunters, and honestly, intimidation + beast within will really mess people up. The few people who were unlucky enough to cross paths with me died before they got a hit off. Of course, low level =/= level 85, but the basic essence remains the same I would think.

I would agree that BM has nothing that makes it feel special, but honestly, neither does MM or SV. In the end, all of us will be spamming two abilities in PvE, a lot like a mage does. If blizzard could make everything as interesting as subtlety, then we'd be golden. That seems nigh impossible, though.

I don't get why you want an extra shot so badly, a beast hunter isnt about shooting arrows its about working with your pet to kill stuff, instead of wishing for a new shot you should want more activity from your pet.

you want to shoot more? then you took the wrong spec in my eyes, if you want to work with your pet then your right, you might need more stuff in your rotation. I just dont think it should be a shot, more of a pet skill. atm hunters are nothing more then a normal class that has a pet that sololy adds a little dmg.. thats not what a hunter is about.

they should make pets for beastmaster better, give the hunter skills to boost his pet in some way otherwise all 3 hunter specs will end up the same.

thats my 5 cents

bm hunters need to be like kiba from naruto imo