Thread: Proff Putricide

Proff Putricide

Hello

When doing proff Putricide yesterday(normal, we can't take him on HC yet) I noticed as usual that I had a hard time applying rake to him. I had to try loads of time before I got it on him.

I have noticed this before and it was worse when I didn't have the hit + expertise I do today. Does he have something to neglect bleeds or something ? Maybe just a tad higher dodgerate

I may add that I only notice this during P3.

If your tank isn't moving him fast enough in P3, you may be getting hit by the gas flasks on the floor, reducing your melee hit chance by an abnormally big amount.

You know I'm going to reply to this... but imagine if you will me sitting... looking at the monitor shaking my head in dismay... Yes Dracodraco is almost right.. the flasks drop from P2 and onwards (not P3) ... reducing ur chance to hit by a ridiculas amount.. To the OP... lets be honest.. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS...

The general mentality of show up to raid... mash buttons and hope for a kill is extremely evident here.. if you had just spent 5 mins of your time to see any "how to video".. or read almost any "how to guide" about the professor it would have been CLEARLY explained.

If that fails.. your raid leader should have explained to the raid that melee should be watching for this... Ranged have to watch for the malibal Goo.. or whatever its called.

Before we start with the "elitist attitude crap"... It isn't.. It's what one does b4 raiding...

15+ Year Old Account
    also you mgiht be infront of him instead of behind as its a verry mobile fight you mist lost track of his actual facing and infront you have -15% - you exp chance to hit him becase of parries

if you get the recount addon you can check AFTER the fight what had happent to you rakes

but i got to agree whit the other posters as it seems you just got hit by the gas boms witch reduces your chance to hit by 75% in normal and 100% in heroric
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by alexellice View Post
    You know I'm going to reply to this... but imagine if you will me sitting... looking at the monitor shaking my head in dismay... Yes Dracodraco is almost right.. the flasks drop from P2 and onwards (not P3) ... reducing ur chance to hit by a ridiculas amount.. To the OP... lets be honest.. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS...

The general mentality of show up to raid... mash buttons and hope for a kill is extremely evident here.. if you had just spent 5 mins of your time to see any "how to video".. or read almost any "how to guide" about the professor it would have been CLEARLY explained.

If that fails.. your raid leader should have explained to the raid that melee should be watching for this... Ranged have to watch for the malibal Goo.. or whatever its called.

Before we start with the "elitist attitude crap"... It isn't.. It's what one does b4 raiding...

Well thanks for thinking im an idiot.

I may add thou, that im not. The fact is I do know about the flasks. And this happens when we aren't even near them. And if it's like you says it should then infact happen to me in p2 right, but it doesn't..

So yeah, I have read up on the fight. Reason I asked is because this is something I can't explain. Next time dont guess the user is an idiot -.-

But what the person after you said. Might be that I run into him and he just parries or something. I'll have to have a better look next time.

Deleted
    Posting a link to a WoL of your putricide attempts/kill would help a lot. Possible reasons: getting hit by the flask, being out of melee range, standing in front and getting parried, or already having a rake on him and getting a "stronger effect is already active" message.

Its just the decurse.. Stay out of pools.

I know! He totally should have tried to find out what was up by asking in a forum dedicated to the game. What a scrub, just ignoring it and not looking around the internet to find a forum which was based on his class where he could talk to his peers about the mechanics.
    Loremaster Papelbon - Level 80 Gnome Warlock - US Elune

Quote Originally Posted by Koxk View Post
    Well thanks for thinking im an idiot.

I may add thou, that im not.
    Yes, you're clearly a very bright spark
    Grammar Nazis <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    If your tank isn't moving him fast enough in P3, you may be getting hit by the gas flasks on the floor, reducing your melee hit chance by an abnormally big amount.
    Tank moving slow or not, it is still your own responsibility to move from the flasks. Don't blame the tank for your own stupidity.

@OP, it sounds like the flasks, and you could set up an addon like TellMeWhen to prove to yourself whether or not it is the flasks.

Another thought is that when he puts down the slime puddles and such spells he might turn to face the target, this is common on bosses and gives me an itchy taunt button. If you tried to rake at the same time, you could have been parried.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth123 View Post
    Yes, you're clearly a very bright spark
    Grammar Nazis <3
    How was that helpful ? How in any way did that help me.

Do you really have to write at the end of every friggin post that english aint your main language ?

It isn't so why am I supposed to know english 100% huh ? Tell me that.

Not everyone in the world friggin have english as their main language -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Tank moving slow or not, it is still your own responsibility to move from the flasks. Don't blame the tank for your own stupidity.

@OP, it sounds like the flasks, and you could set up an addon like TellMeWhen to prove to yourself whether or not it is the flasks.

Another thought is that when he puts down the slime puddles and such spells he might turn to face the target, this is common on bosses and gives me an itchy taunt button. If you tried to rake at the same time, you could have been parried.
    Shred is only useable from behind/sides. If the tank can't move the boss, which means you will have to run infront, then its darn well his fault that youre going to lose dps. It would also be his fault that the raid wipes to enrage in heroic, if he cant move the boss fast enough from the flasks, because the melee is supposed to be able to DPS putricide, not run around avoiding flasks because putricide is tanked on top of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koxk View Post
    ...Not everyone in the world friggin have english as their main language...
    Uhm, I believe it's "native language".

No, you are right, its not elitist crap to say you gotta be prepared, but its no better than what the OP is doing really. A fight shouldn't just be something yu looked up on a "how to" (though all of wrath has been that way), the leader(s) of the raid are responsible for communicating essential tactics and/or making sure everyone knows them.
    Mooska (Holy Cow Meatshield) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Nooska (Blood Elf Animal lover) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Beast Master hunter in 4.3 - Elitist Jerks
    Beast Master hunter, PVE guide - Wowhead

Going to skip over the negative feedback and go back to the OP... listen mate.. its the flasks.. almost 100%... why?? because you havent mentioned about any other fights where it happens... Proffesor is the only boss in ICC with a debuff like this and its a very common mistake...

With regards to what i said b4.. sorry.. but i really meant all of it... The WotLK mentality rlly pisses me off no end.. and unfortuneltly ur here.. wrong time worng place..... Its not your fault.. but rlly.. b4 going into any raid you should at least have checked the main abilities of a boss... unless of course you're running with a top end hardcore raid guild cutting edge progression shit... then ofc... you cant :-))

I know I said i wouldnt but F#"¤#" it... im going to... Nope.. im not english.. and neither is many that write here.. but can you read what is written.. apperantly so.. so pls... unless you have some constructive input... go to bed and leave the adults to discuss things.

Final thing @koxk... didnt call you an idiot at all.. was a general reference to a type of raiding mentality.

If you're even slightly in front of him, rake is blocked VERY easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Shred is only useable from behind/sides. If the tank can't move the boss, which means you will have to run infront, then its darn well his fault that youre going to lose dps. It would also be his fault that the raid wipes to enrage in heroic, if he cant move the boss fast enough from the flasks, because the melee is supposed to be able to DPS putricide, not run around avoiding flasks because putricide is tanked on top of them.
    Attacking the boss from the front is a smaller dps loss than getting a flask. Yes, a good tank will have 0 lag and leave plenty of room for dps; but if the tank lags or isn't doing his job right, don't stay behind the boss and get hit by flasks/kill yourself. You are still in control of where your character goes. "Player A didn't move from the deadly fire, so I stood there and died myself too" - don't play like this.

Also, since you'll only be in front of him for a couple of seconds it's a great opportunity to pool energy and completely wreak havoc when the boss finally moves.