Thread: 19 GB patch?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question 19 GB patch?

Hi everyone! First of all, sorry for my english, because i speak spanish
    Today, i get my beta key, i had wow cataclysm beta patched since a long time ago, but i hadn't got a key, so i downloaded a 15 GB patch some weeks ago, and now, when i enter to the beta, i must download a 19 GB patch (i have buid 12857, so i don't know what the hell is beign downloaded)! :s
    Why does it happends? my internet connection is very slowly, around 100 KB/S. What can i do?

Than you.

P.S: I can't post this issue in the official forums, because i have no characters to log-in with u.u
    P.S.2: Today, i entered to the beta only during 5 minutes, then i was disconnected and it started to download the new patch.

yeah you are downloading the entire beta client. so 19gb is fine.

try to lok for some mirror with the latest patch only.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bu i had the entire beta client downloaded and updated o_o

Quote Originally Posted by inico View Post
    My guess is you still had the old client( without the streaming stuff.) wich the beta tester needed to delete and reinstall to test the new client

Doing Photoshop requests.

It's because they changed the game client a few patch ago, for some new technology (the game is downloading in background a bit like a streaming video or something like that) and it required players to completely redownload the whole thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    It's because they changed the game client a few patch ago, for some new technology (the game is downloading in background a bit like a streaming video or something like that) and it required players to completely redownload the whole thing.
    Yes, i know, i have the entire game updated, with the new launcher and all the new features, but it is still downloading :S

Yes, i know, i have the entire game updated, with the new launcher and all the new features, but it is still downloading :S
    Numbers could be incorrect. It's happened to me before where I am at 100% but it says I have 4 GB left.

Also to speed things up on the launcher go to Options/Download Preferences and uncheck the "Enable P2P Transfer" box. Then click ok and exit the launcher. Bring it back up and you should download a tad faster. I was sitting around 178 KB/S as well and when I turned that off it bumped me up to 1MB/S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Numbers could be incorrect. It's happened to me before where I am at 100% but it says I have 4 GB left.

Also to speed things up on the launcher go to Options/Download Preferences and uncheck the "Enable P2P Transfer" box. Then click ok and exit the launcher. Bring it back up and you should download a tad faster. I was sitting around 178 KB/S as well and when I turned that off it bumped me up to 1MB/S
    Ok, thanks a lot. It was at 20 KB/S and now it is at 120 KB/S ^^
    It's strange, because i was playing normally in cataclysm and then it started to download o_o but i was playing with the game updated! it's updating to 12857 patch (but i had 12857 before u.u). But let's wait.

Ok now.

Disable P2P Transfer as Togarox said.
    Go to World of Warcraft Beta folder
    Delete the Cache folder the Data/Cache folder the WTF folder.
    Restart the Launcher. If it downloads still... tell us

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazus View Post
    Ok now.

Disable P2P Transfer as Togarox said.
    Go to World of Warcraft Beta folder
    Delete the Cache folder the Data/Cache folder the WTF folder.
    Restart the Launcher. If it downloads still... tell us
    I deleted the folder, it's still downloading.
    But i noticed that some minutes ago, it said "19 GB LEFT", and now it says "15 GB LEFT" :O

hehehe, most likely it is not downloading you see but checking your local installation if it is up to date. On a 19gb installation that can take some time too. Its the same as if you cancel a patch download, it resumes at 0%, checks how much you have already downloaded and then downloads the rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's still downloading, it seens to be that it's re-installing the game :S

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    Its the same as if you cancel a patch download, it resumes at 0%, checks how much you have already downloaded and then downloads the rest.
    It's great because they fixed this with the new installer. Now you can cancel at whatever point you feel like and it picks up exactly where it left off.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't understand the new launcher.

Am i downloading 4.2 GB or 16 GB? Because in the red progress bar it says "SETUP 4.2/16 GB". Are those 4.2 GB the downloaded files?

Thanks a lot.

15+ Year Old Account

Am i downloading 4.2 GB or 16 GB? Because in the red progress bar it says "SETUP 4.2/16 GB". Are those 4.2 GB the downloaded files?

Thanks a lot.
    You have to download 16GB just for the Setup and you've downloaded 4.2GB so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I the launcher languaje and now the download started again :S
    I discovered that when i change the languaje, it starts the 15 GB patch download again!!!!
    It was 6 GB left, now it says "15 GB LEFT!!!!!"
    PLEASE, help me!! T.T
    I can't support it, i will throw my beta client to the trash >.<

EDIT: Also, a new mpq called "OldWorld.mpq" appeared :s
    Last edited by inico; 2010-09-07 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    I the launcher languaje and now the download started again :S
    I discovered that when i change the languaje, it starts the 15 GB patch download again!!!!
    It was 6 GB left, now it says "15 GB LEFT!!!!!"
    PLEASE, help me!! T.T
    I can't support it, i will throw my beta client to the trash >.<

EDIT: Also, a new mpq called "OldWorld.mpq" appeared :s
    Open it again let download to start, stand up from chair go make hot sandwich go watch tv go outside etc etc, when you come back it might be completed

15+ Year Old Account
    But WHY does it happends? i must download a 15 GB patch everytime i enter wow...
    It's happening to one of my friends too :s
    And we don't know what to do, because we can't logg-in to the wow cataclysm forum o_o (we have no characters to log in with).

Thanks a lot.
    i got my invite yesterday, first time i logged in the setup file was only 80~mb and they game played fine thanks to the streaming content then when i shut down it jumped to around 9gb.

if you wanna play without waiting for it to hit the yellow launch the game from the folder (not the launcher) and it will let you play and just stream stuff to you as and when you need it, done the whole of worgan area, westfall (up to deadmines bit) and now doing undead that way and my game experience has been fine maybe getting a tad laggy or the occasional jerk when its streaming core data but its been totally playable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the problem starts when you change the language, it's happening to me and two of my friends, try to change your languaje, you will see that your client will delete all your mpqs and it will download the 15 GB patch again :S