Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why is Moira Bronzebeard rightful successor?

I'd imagine this has been discussed before but I went back 3 pages and couldn't find anything.

Why is it Moira Bronzebeard think she's successor to throne of Ironforge? Muradin is surely next in-line no questions asked?

Deleted
    Hm, you're right. Never thought about it. But, if Mufasa dies and he has a daughter will the rightful leader be Scar?

Deleted
    The next in line is actually Moira's son. Right now, she is the Regent, not Queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    because she is the daughter of the king?

Well since Magni is ruler now and Moira is his daughter... Magni has no sons so the place goes to Moira..?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL View Post
    I'd imagine this has been discussed before but I went back 3 pages and couldn't find anything.

Why is it Moira Bronzebeard think she's successor to throne of Ironforge? Muradin is surely next in-line no questions asked?
    Royal succession usually goes from parent to child, not from sibling to sibling.

10+ Year Old Account
    shes the only kid the king had

Magni needs to pop a new one, quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodline succession to the throne doesn't follow "this person was second in line behind his brother" once the current ruler has progeny to inherit the throne. At that point, the throne continues to follow his children, and their children and their children. Like was said before, Scar was Mufasa's brother in The Lion King (lol) but he only got the throne because everyone believed Simba was gone, so he was the ONLY successor available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human kingdoms =/= Dwarf kingdoms

L2 Hierarchy, royal line in most historical cases is the continuous family of the firstborn male child, with regents (normally an uncle or something) if the next in line is a) too young or b) nonexistant. If blizz was faithful to the system, we would have a dark iron king, for the only daughter would take the throne and her husband would become king, but a dark iron king would probably cause massive qq among the lore junkies, so instead we have arrived at a council with a regent.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    He has a point though, as it has been the general standard to pass the crown from male to male in most countries, and in this case that would make Muradin next-in-line to the throne of Ironforge. So it really all depends on the dwarven policy on the matter, which seems to be from parent to child as opposed to from male to male.

It all depends on how the Dwarven Hierachy is. If female's are not allowed to be head of state. It would go to Moira's son or Muradin but if female's are allowed to be the head of state then Moira is the first in line

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Human kingdoms =/= Dwarf kingdoms
    Which is why Moira isn't queen. If they were following human succession then she would be queen; but according to the dwarves the next in line has to be a male. That would be her son. Her job is similar to what Bolvar's was to Anduin before Varian came back. Just there to control things until he becomes the right age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibi View Post
    Like was said before, Scar was Mufasa's brother in The Lion King (lol) but he only got the throne because everyone believed Simba was gone, so he was the ONLY successor available.
    Have a Gnome cookie!

10+ Year Old Account
    you would think that Magni would have disowned his daughter after the whole dark iron thing, if that had happend then yes Muradin would be king, but since it didnt(or did it and we dont know?) Moria is next in line
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

All these points are moot because im pretty damn sure I killed that bitch a thousand times over starting 5 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    He has a point though, as it has been the general standard to pass the crown from male to male in most countries, and in this case that would make Muradin next-in-line to the throne of Ironforge. So it really all depends on the dwarven policy on the matter, which seems to be from parent to child as opposed to from male to male.
    Magni has a male heir of his own bloodline though. The half dark iron kid (does he even a name yet?) is the heir, which is why Moira hasn't been crowned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    That's why Moira is the Regent, not the Queen. The next-in-line is not Muradin but Moira's son.

15+ Year Old Account
    This isnt how it goes, but its kinda the gist of it.
    She isnt, she just saw this as a oppertunity to take over ironforge for the Dark Irons. Muradin then stepped in and said he was rightfull owner to the throne and that he will hire thuradin to punch her in face. Then the wildhammer king was all "Imma shaman it up in here". They then decided that instead of a new war, they would rule ironforge togeather.