Mod for my mods?

So my wife and I just got a new computer. The monitor on the new computer is 22" wide screen (1920x1080), where as the computer I will be using for most of my game play has a 19" non wide screen (1024x768). However I would like to game on the new machine when shes not home and things like that, and I was just curious if theres a mod that will let me save all my current settings for all my mods, like prat, bartender, castbars, so I can move them around on her computer and than just pick the saved "profile" on my computer and everything goes back to the way I had it ? Any help would be great, thanks all.

world of warcraft doesn't have to be installed on your new PC m8

i myself noticed this when i installed windows 7 and made it take my old data and put it in 1 file.
    long story short i was able to startup and play wow while it wasn't installed aka you can play it from a USB-stick!

thus you can just take your hole world of warcraft file and copie it to the new PC taking all your settings ect with ya.

if your still looking for a addon to save mod settings you can try googeling for reflux aka the same addon used in the UltimateShamanUI

i think i understand what you're asking and the answer is that addon preferences and addons are all saved locally not server side so you wouldn't need to do anything to have it saved separately

OT: I guess since the mod saves the profiles somewhere you should be able to dig it out but how much configuring do you do for it to be worth it?
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-09-06 at 08:44 PM.

If you have an ipod that has about 15gigs of open space, plug it in. Now close itunes, go to your C drive and find the ipod, click it and you should see folders and junk. Find your wow folder, drag and drop it into the ipod. Plug the ipod into your new computer, drag and drop the wow folder to wherever you want. Delete it from ipod. You now installed wow much faster than usually possible and you have all your addons and settings. Works much better if you have a big enough flash drive, or an external HD. But more than likely you have an ipod, so.

Copy the entire game folder into your wife's computer (dont install the game, just trasnfer the game folder through network, or with an external HD.. ) and it will work..
    1) U will have to re-arange the UI there cause of the resolution change, it will take 5 mins, and it will not have a problem again
    2) Dont transfer the screenshots folder it will take time and space without reason.. :P
    3) If u already installed the game, just copy from your machine to your wife's the 3 folders of the game "WTF", "Interface", "Cache", (just copy/paste into the wow folder of the new PC, overwrite everything if it asks u.. and here u are, all mods are there..
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Thanks heaps for all the help. I wish I woulda known we could just copy wow to her computer from mine, would have saved us the time of installing the disks and downloading the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyChan View Post
    If you have an ipod that has about 15gigs of open space, plug it in. Now close itunes, go to your C drive and find the ipod, click it and you should see folders and junk. Find your wow folder, drag and drop it into the ipod. Plug the ipod into your new computer, drag and drop the wow folder to wherever you want. Delete it from ipod. You now installed wow much faster than usually possible and you have all your addons and settings. Works much better if you have a big enough flash drive, or an external HD. But more than likely you have an ipod, so.
    what the hell is wrong with you people? isnt an USB stick is enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

15+ Year Old Account
    The other option if you are not running wireless is to just run WoW off your computer as a shared drive. The only real issue is the resolution changes will effect the location of your settings. Not sure because I haven't tried it but running at 800x600 on both machines maximized windows mode might prevent this

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi View Post
    Not all of us have a 32Gb USB stick.. i am stuck with my 2GB one..
    (last time i checked the WoW folder would exceed 16GB and a USB stick most times is full of shit taking more than 1/4 of its size because we r lazy to clean them... )
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi View Post
    My WoW at least takes up about 15 gigs of space so yeah I guess a USB stick is enough if you have one that can carry 15 gigs but my guess is not many people do.

Deleted
    Make them into split rar archives?

How would you go about doing that Treeston?

Deleted
    Right-click Interface and WTF.
    Select "Add to Archive".
    Enter the free space you have on your USB in bytes in the bottom left.
    Click OK.
    Wait.
    Copy the numbered RAR part archives one by one using your drive (copy them all into the WoW root folder)
    Open the first file, hit extract.
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyChan View Post
    ah please not again with apple products .. he can use any storage device -.-

ot : 1 - if you are talking about how your ui wont scale from the 19" screen to the 22" screen .. u can use "Lui" it scales with any resolution
    2 - if u just want to all of ur addons to have the same configuration regardless of the screen resolution just use any storage device to copy the wow folder

The only reason you have, as far as i can tell, to swap is the larger screen, correct? So why don't just unplug the cable from the one computer and put it into the other?
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Copy the WTF and interface(optional, if you use different addons than your wife) folders.
    Make sure you copy the current ones into another folder for restoring your wife's settings.