Cool Displaying Our Weapons

I've been thinking that we are the only class that puts our ranged weapons into our pockets. Most classes where their respective weapon on their backs or waists; But as the one class that specializes in the Bow/Crossbow/Gun department, we certainly have the magical pockets for one. It would make more sense and would certainly look a lot better if Hunters in Cata could have their bows/guns strapped to their back so it doesn't look like we're stuffing them into our pockets when we holster them.

To help you imagine this change, I've photoshopped Zod's bow to my hunter as an example...as well as The Stakethrower...

It look weird for some reason, dunno why. Where do our melee weapons go now? I think I prefer the melee on my back instead of the ranged.

Eeehh... iffy on this one. Though the OPTION to do it might be cool. Like a UI option of 'show melee weapon' or 'show ranged weapon' while holstered. Similar to show helm/cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I would like this to be honest, it would look more realistic and make hunters look like, hunters.. hell any class could look awesome with a gun/bow/crossbow strapped to their back if they have a ranged equipped.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a magical game, and so we aren't supposed to ask questions like "Where do we store 5,000 bullets?" or "How is my bow telescopic to the point of fitting in my pocket?". But I think that it would be cool if there was an option to put your bow on your back, much like Robin Hood or any archer-type lore figures.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    It's a magical game, and so we aren't supposed to ask questions like "Where do we store 5,000 bullets?" or "How is my bow telescopic to the point of fitting in my pocket?".
    Or "How the hell that weapon sticks attached to my back/side?".

Neat idea acutally but there are more urgent cosmetic changes that need to be made.

I like the idea of the option to do this, I like the idea itself though. It's strange but overall I'd be for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renard117 View Post
    It look weird for some reason, dunno why. Where do our melee weapons go now? I think I prefer the melee on my back instead of the ranged.
    Well why cant you have both? Ranged over one shoulder, melee over the other. Problem solved.
    I would like it.

A toggle for showing one or the other would be cool.
    Not a priority cosmetic change, though.
    I would tend to the character models first.

I think this is a good idea, in fact in terms of cosmetic changes for hunters in general this is second only to ammo pouches/quivers being properly implemeted IMHO. In fact I see no reason whatsoever to not show both our ranged and melee weapon at the same time (think Titan's grip style). This would be extremely simple to implement and we'd look a lot more badass.

I think it's cool. I also like seeing a quiver on my hunter when using a bow, would be cool to have an ammo pouch while using a gun on the front of the belt imo. A neat change in my book.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrim View Post
    I think it's cool. I also like seeing a quiver on my hunter when using a bow, would be cool to have an ammo pouch while using a gun on the front of the belt imo. A neat change in my book.
    The ammo pouch could take a turn for the worst if it was on the front. (Ball sack jokes...) If we had a backpack on the side of our legs or something along those line that may be feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    The ammo pouch could take a turn for the worst if it was on the front. (Ball sack jokes...) If we had a backpack on the side of our legs or something along those line that may be feasible.
    Good thinkin. I was thinking more like centered on the left thigh.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.