Garrosh Appreciation Thread

Ok so considering hes gonna be the new leader of the horde no matter how much we bitch and whine about it, lets just get whatever kinks that exist atm out of the way.

Cons: Blockheaded, looks like a mammoth ear fucked a tree, has a square foot, sends a fleet of blimp defending ships to go pew pew allys before getting overrun by twilight dragons, racist (to some extent), makes tension within the core horde races (troll/orc/tauren), gives Lady S a reason to kill him, opens a can of wtfbbqwarohshit on the alliance, is a mouthbreather, and does indeed have some patchy lore that will be retcon'd the FUCK up

Pros: Since we have last seen him in Northrend, he seems to have gained a sense of honor from Cleavefang, as seen in the QQ over Lady S rezzing more dead, the incident with Stonetalon Peak (yelling at the general or w/e who killed innocents up there), the incident with Cairne (he helped drive the Grimtotem out after the whole "omfgCairnesdead" scene), Facecleaves a dragon, Finally put Maggy's head to use (though, again, he looks like a mammoth ear fucked a tree), made Org look leet, and for some good measure put more of a pvp element back in WoW rather than the "oh hai thare gaiz lets team up and beat up the baddys" which was Northrend (dont get me wrong there was pvp elements too but...ffs not enough)

So yes, Garrosh has a shitload of cons, and yet has some pros aswell. Is he going to run us into the ground? Doubt it considering Blizz controls the lore and I doubt they are gonna cut off one of the two major factions in the game. Will Garrosh be killed and replaced? Only time can tell, I mean shit consider the fact that he has had two major personality shifts since his introduction in BC so for all we know after some events happen in Cata and we start to get knee deep into it, Garrosh may or may not make choices that actually benifit both his own charater and the horde ontop of it. Now this is all hypothesis, so for all we know anything can happen at the point, as for what WILL happen we will just have to wait for Cata to judge for ourselves. Now then no more "Garrosh QQ" threads plox.

Deleted
    Yes he's brainless war loving idiot, but he does have good sides, his hilarious line "GET OFF MY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!"

I'm going to be keeping a wary eye on this thread.
    That said, Garrosh does indeed have his up's and down's.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

I don't know if I'd say he's gained a sense of honor. Maybe by Orc standards, but then, Orc honor is rarely honorable to begin with. No, that questline was mainly to show that he's not a complete monster, and that he is willing to draw the line somewhere. As the Twilight Highlands intro shows, he still has no problem picking unnecessary fights -that battle was essentially another Broken Front, with both the Alliance and the Horde forces being annhilated. Instead of claiming a victory for the Horde, he decimates his own forces and significantly weakens both armies in the Twilight Highlands.

As for his incident with Sylvanas, he's fallen into exactly the same trap Thrall did. He makes it very clear he doesn't approve of what she's doing, then does absolutely nothing to stop it. The only difference is he used meaner words than Thrall.

Overall I still don't like Garrosh much (though since I'm primarily an Alliance player, I guess I'm not supposed to) but I'm glad Blizzard is trying to make people like him by making him look cool, as opposed to retconning his personality yet again.

Deleted
    Woo Garrosh!

10+ Year Old Account
    I much prefer Thrall, but Garrosh is growing on me.

It's refreshing to have a boss who outright loathes the Alliance scum as much as I do when I'm on my pvp server.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Oh look, THIS thing AGAIN!

Deleted
    Garrosh is the most human and multi layered of all leaders we've seen, while still kicking butt. He is entertaining, has honor and honesty and show us you don't need charms and/or looks to be a good leader. A role model to us all even if you're one of those kids that love Knaak books or the WoW manga, yes you, the hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    has a square foot
    No he has a square shaped boot. It's sad people try to nitpick him from top till toe.

10+ Year Old Account
    He still looks like he has a mental disfunction.

WTB new model or I just cant take him seriously..
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

I appreciate how he treats Sylvanas but that is about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate Garrosh when he's eating dirt.

He at least is showing an honorable side in Cataclysm by realizing that slaughtering civilians is not cool and brings no honor in war, so that's good. His father was that way too. However, right now, he still has the mental capabilities of a cup of jell-o pudding snack, and has little to no true compensation of effective strategy in war. Garrosh's ideas to win battles is to take the loudest grunting, chest thumping orcs he can find and throw them at the enemy, thinking those orcs are going to be Spartan enough to win every time. Sometimes that does get wins, but one could also say a broken watch is right twice a day. Sooner or later Garrosh's luck is going to run out. My guess is that the Twilight's Hammer is going to embarrass him badly in Twilight Highlands, but we'll see.

He's big and burly, so I would gladly have him by my side in a fight, and it's awesome that he does participate in them, since he's the warchief. He doesn't just sit by and let his underlings do everything, which is a trait I like in a leader(no matter how tactically foolish it is by real world standards). Also, he hates the Alliance, which is always a plus.

10+ Year Old Account
    and for some good measure put more of a pvp element back in WoW rather than the "oh hai thare gaiz lets team up and beat up the baddys" which was Northrend (dont get me wrong there was pvp elements too but...ffs not enough)
    Yes he has put a pvp element back into wow and the story
    No there was NO pvp element in northend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I appreciate Garrosh when he's eating dirt.
    I am pretty sure this guy will get away with this trollery of the thread unharmed, I am wondering If it is possible to do the same in the draenei appreciation thread(I appreciate Draenei when they're eating dirt.). Then again I'd probably get reported a 100 times more by the guy ogling the erotic draenei art. While noone will be arsed to report this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeslayer View Post
    I am pretty sure this guy will get away with this trollery of the thread unharmed, I am wondering If it is possible to do the same in the draenei appreciation thread(I appreciate Draenei when they're eating dirt.). Then again I'd probably get reported a 100 times more by the guy ogling the erotic draenei art. While noone will be arsed to report this guy
    Hay I may be Horde but dont be hatin' on the erotic draenei art...speaking of which wasnt there some futa pic back in that Belf Appreciation Thread? Or was it the Draenei one?

FFs one space goat love thread and now theres a garrosh thread
    the world has now lost all meaning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    I appreciate how he treats Sylvanas but that is about it.
    What? Gripes at her then does nothing? Oooooookay.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Hay I may be Horde but dont be hatin' on the erotic draenei art...speaking of which wasnt there some futa pic back in that Belf Appreciation Thread? Or was it the Draenei one?
    in my experiences the amount of futa draenei far outweighs the amount of futa blood elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morlem View Post
    FFs one space goat love thread and now theres a garrosh thread
    the world has now lost all meaning
    This Garrosh thread is on the course to death, while the Draenei thread will live forever more. They aren't even comparable.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...