SV and Black Arrow

This post is directed mostly at beta testers but if others have information please share.

With trap launcher being able to fire any trap I must ask how vital is the LnL proc chance from BA? Infact can we skip that talent all together or try to get back to back procs?

If I shoot Frost Trap at a boss and it triggers I can control my LnL proc rate much more while being able to keep it as close to it's internal CD as possible versus using BA to depend on LnL procs. Use BA for damage of course, but is it a higher DPS gain to use trap launcher with Frost Trap to make sure I get LnL procs as fast as possible?

Right now on wowtal.com the tooltip says nothing about LnL having a cool down period (I'm uncertain if this is bugged or intentional, so beta testers please clarify) and if this is the case would it be better to use Frost Trap over Snake Trap to try to tigger back to back LnL procs vs the DPS gain of using Snake Trap?

If there is an internal cool down would it still be a better DPS gain to make sure that Frost Trap tiggers it every 24 secs as survival to make sure LnL procs exactly every 24 to 25 secs vs maybe halfway through a BA or maybe not at all?

Without out an internal CD would it be ideal to use Frost Trap right after a BA LnL proc with Frost Trap lined up to basically get another LnL proc immediately afterwards so basically 5 XS in a row with a small break between shots to fire off Frost Trap?

If I'm missing something key let me know but the tooltip atm seems very odd. It also includes Arcane Shot in the mix but no other tree can get LnL but SV and SV gets XS at level 10 so it's really an odd tooltip.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not in beta, but while it's true throwing a frost trap onto a boss should I believe have a 100% chance to proc LnL if talented, but would that 30 focus and GCD be better spent somewhere else. I've been reading that a number of people in beta haven't been able to fire off that many special abilities so while worrying about focus regen with explosive costing 50 focus and arcane with 25, BA with 45, and serpent sting with 25, it might be better to wait for the proc on BA, lets say if your serpent sting falls off, you're losing that dot plus the talents that go with it such as noxious and improves serpent sting. So I guess it will probably all come down to numbers whether forcing your LnL will be worth it or waiting for it to proc from BA.

It could also be situational, maybe if there is a transition during a boss where you will be able to regen focus you should force proc your LnL and be ready when the boss is done transitioning.

It's hard to tell, focus regeneration is tight right now. We end up spending a lot of time casting steady shot, and the shots that have cooldowns come up as we get the focus for them, you would at this point in the game be skipping another shot to be using trap launcher.

I thought a LnL proc made XS free. Does it no longer due this? Also you're both right about being tight on focus, this is something I'd forgotten about.

I'm fairly certain that if a mob is immune to slows (as bosses are), it'll deploy the frost trap aoe but lock and load will not proc. Lock and Load only procs from frost traps if the target can be slowed (which is why it doesn't proc if a paladin with hand of freedom active triggers the trap)

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    I'm fairly certain that if a mob is immune to slows (as bosses are), it'll deploy the frost trap aoe but lock and load will not proc. Lock and Load only procs from frost traps if the target can be slowed (which is why it doesn't proc if a paladin with hand of freedom active triggers the trap)
    Makes sense. Also seems weird that the tooltip tho doesn't mention that LnL can only happen x number of secs.