Question So, maybe I'm just dumb, but I feel like I'm missing something here.

Why do the Cataclysm talent trees only extend as far as 31 point talents and are limited to 41 total points? There are a couple explanations I can think of, but I haven't heard yet which is accurate.

- Are they simply not finished yet? Is blizz just working with these and expanding to the 51 pt tier later?
    - Are we just not getting talent points until level 45 in cata? This seems unlikely to me, but who knows.

You have missed something. Or you're just a troll. Either way, this is one of the biggest changes for cataclysm. That is how the trees will look. And no, we wont start getting points at level 45, we just wont get them every level. So thats the way it is.

Deleted
    The cataclysm destroyed the pointless talent points.

OT: The "pointless" talents have been removed and they are making the game more easier for new players. And yes you wont be getting a new talent every 2 levels anymore i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get a talent point every other level (10, 12, 14 ect) until level 80, then you get 1 talent point every level til level 85.

Blizzard has cut the fat of the trees (Talents that say give 5% base more damage or something along those lines.) reducing them to 31 point depth.

You cannot put any points into another tree until you have 31 points in one tree. For example, you cannot spec 0/20/21.

The talent tree that you choose to spec 31 points in gives you tree specific bonuses and a signature tree ability. (Ret Pallies gets Divine Storm at level 10, Survival Hunters get Explosive shot, ect.)

---------- Post added 2010-09-07 at 07:13 PM ----------

For more information, go here. http://www.wow.com/2010/07/14/catacl...nuses-and-mor/ (The link is just a tiny bit dated.)
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-09-07 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    You get a talent point every other level (10, 12, 14 ect) until level 80, then you get 1 talent point every level til level 85.

Blizzard has cut the fat of the trees (Talents that say give 5% base more damage or something along those lines.) reducing them to 31 point depth.

You cannot put any points into another tree until you have 31 points in one tree. For example, you cannot spec 0/20/21.

The talent tree that you choose to spec 31 points in gives you tree specific bonuses and a signature tree ability. (Ret Pallies gets Divine Storm at level 10, Survival Hunters get Explosive shot, ect.)

---------- Post added 2010-09-07 at 07:13 PM ----------

For more information, go here. http://www.wow.com/2010/07/14/catacl...nuses-and-mor/ (The link is just a tiny bit dated.)
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I knew most of that, but I had missed the change where we only get talent points every 2/3 levels. Thanks for the informative reply!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charos View Post
    Why do the Cataclysm talent trees only extend as far as 31 point talents and are limited to 41 total points? There are a couple explanations I can think of, but I haven't heard yet which is accurate.

- Are they simply not finished yet? Is blizz just working with these and expanding to the 51 pt tier later?
    - Are we just not getting talent points until level 45 in cata? This seems unlikely to me, but who knows.
    You've missed not just something but pretty much EVERYTHING, and are dumb too.

Or you're just a huge troll.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=25626290449

Just google it, you'll find a plethora of information on it.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature