Deleted

A little computer help

Hey guys,
    Any help here would be much appreciated as I am... well, lacking in computer knowledge.
    My problem is this, I recently upgrades the graphics card in my old computer in the hope of running the settings a little higher, this did not happen :\
    So now I'm in a dilema which I am hoping for some help with in making the choice.
    Do I buy a new macbook/macbook pro and it will run WoW a whole lot better or do I just make some small tweeks to the old desktop. So here's the desktops specs.
    Running on XP 32bit
    AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+
    2.2GHZ
    1GB of RAM
    G Force 8400GS graphics card.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Many thanks
    Eredaie.

Not sure what you had or what you upgraded to but WoW wont benefit much from a new graphics card. It needs a good processor which you don't have and you are lacking ram and you have 32 bit OS. Not really any tweaks to be made on that system its just really old.
    If you need a macbook/pro for some reason other than WoW you will be able to play wow but (A) laptops are bad for gaming and (B)you could build a desktop for less than the amount of that laptop and it will outperform it by far.

You need to pretty much scrap it completely, there aren't any meaningful upgrades possible without changing most of the parts.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    As thought, it is a pretty old desktop bless it but I do think it's time for an upgrade.
    I really do want a laptop for the sheer fact they take up so much less space, how badly/terribly would a macbook/pro run wow?
    If I do decide to build one myself how much would it cost to get a pretty high end computer and what would the specs be on that so I can search around for the cheapest deals
    Thanks again,
    Eredaie.

Look around this site http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ they can build you a PC with the parts you want plus you can see what goes with what as far as compatibility just to get an idea of what is being done. You can still however build your own from sites like http://www.newegg.com/

Also i5/i7 is what alot of people are building currently. I5-7xx and I7 are Intel processors.

You can self-build computer that runs WoW smoothly for about $1000 including monitor and Windows. Spending $2-300 more it will have pretty good longevity too for next 4-5 years.

All current Mac laptops can run WoW, and it's not a bad choice if you really need laptop for portability. Windows based laptop would cost less, but Macs have better battery life which will make a difference if you're actually using the laptop somewhere else than in your livingroom.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies Dethh, they've been really helpful, I'll have to take a look around both.

Vesseblah I've got to ask, how well can Macs run WoW? Are we talking all low setting again or could I venture into the medium/high setting as well? The laptop is probably the go atm, I could really use it at college and soon uni as both of which use a Mac server as well and so it's just simpler for me xD

Macbook can run medium smoothly, macbook pro I can go ultra. The discrete graphics really helps.

My suggestion is to get an entry level macbook for now and upgrade to a macbook pro when you enter college. I've stopped using desktops since college and never looked back.

Deleted
    Ahh cool thanks, well I'll get 4GB RAM ofc and I can get them pretty cheap (mac wise) due to being a student so that'll be nice!
    Thanks for the help.
    Eredaie.