Thread: so....3.9?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgnome View Post
    Erm no? .10 means .1 because the "0" is not counted.

And I`ve read somewere here I think that 3.9 will introduce the new race combos and the new world, w/o worgen/goblin and 80-85 content.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/1.10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    That's not true.
    I'm quite sure that it is true. Sorry.

I would like to formally retract my previous position that there will be a 3.9 patch. It seems the evidence points to the idea that the pre-expansion patch that includes all of the new stuff minus what you need the expansion for will be patch 4.0 (or 4.01/4.02/4.03/etc depending on internal builds and stuff).

I've gathered this from information on wowwiki. Patch 3.02 (there was no 3.0 or 3.01) introduced the new talents/spells/fun before Wrath and was released roughly 4 weeks prior to Wrath's release (actually 30 days prior). Patch 2.01 (again, no 2.0) had a similar effect (pre-expansion goodness) and was released ~5 weeks prior to BC (42 days). If the same holds true, we could be seeing 4.0(1) in the very not too distant future.
    Last edited by link064; 2010-09-08 at 08:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually now that Gnomeregan/Zalazane is active in 3.3.5 I don't see why the next patch won't be 4.0 since they said the Cataclysm event will happen in "3.9, or whatever we end up calling it" so more likely it will be 4.0 as the other pre-expansion patches were numbered after the next expansion. Like Pre-wotlk was 3.0 and so on

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I'm quite sure that it is true. Sorry.
    You're quite incorrect. Sorry. The Wrath release patch, 3.0.2 (There is no patch 3.0.0), was on PTRs during the month of September in 2008.

http://www.wow.com/2008/09/14/ptr-3-0-2-patch-mirrors/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    You're quite incorrect. Sorry. The Wrath release patch, 3.0.2 (There is no patch 3.0.0), was on PTRs during the month of September in 2008.

http://www.wow.com/2008/09/14/ptr-3-0-2-patch-mirrors/
    Not to be pedantic, but he did state that there was no 2.0 or 3.0 open betas. Pointing out that there was a 3.02 ptr is different.

He said
    Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    There was no PTR or open beta for 2.0 or 3.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    He said
    I wasn't saying there wasn't a ptr. I was saying there was no 2.0 or 3.0 ptr. Its rather hard to have a ptr/open beta for a patch that doesn't exist, now isn't it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I wasn't saying there wasn't a ptr. I was saying there was no 2.0 or 3.0 ptr. Its rather hard to have a ptr/open beta for a patch that doesn't exist, now isn't it?
    Oh, come on. That's being soooo picky. There wasn't a patch 2.0 or 3.0. It was like 2.0.3 and 3.0.2 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    At the Gamescon Press Q&A Tom Chilton said 3.9 is the pre-Cataclysm patch, and outlined a number of the changes said patch will bring. There is a write-up on WoR about it, and possibly one buried in the news posts here. Not sure why people are doubting there will be a '3.9' or a pre-patch. It has been outlined what Blizzard's plan is. Will they change the number? Who cares? We currently have been told 3.9 is the pre-expansion patch.

.pl is the country code for Poland. It's a Polish site.
    I've watched all the interviews with Tom Chilton, and none of them he said directly "Patch 3.9". In one he said something along the lines of "whatever it's numerically designated" in response to if it will be Patch 3.9.

From the looks of it, there will only be ONE patch. Call it you want, but I'll assume it's 4.0. Probably about 4 weeks or so before Cataclysm is released, you will start to download the patch, and once you reach a certain point in the download, you will be able to play, and will have new talents, mastery, stat changes, etc... in game. Then about 1-2 weeks before Cataclysm, the servers come down, and by then everyone should have all the data downloaded and they will "activate" the Cataclysm changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Oh, come on. That's being soooo picky. There wasn't a patch 2.0 or 3.0. It was like 2.0.3 and 3.0.2 I think.
    Sorry. I should have been more clear with my first post. :P
    You are right, though. There was a ptr for the pre-Wrath patch.

There was a 2.0.1 PTR also.

Since it sounds like the next patch is going to be the actual Earth-Shattering Kaboom, the twilight cultist dooms sayers and the elemental invasion can very well already be in the game and waiting to be activated, much like how the Gnomeregon/Echo Isles event was.

If they are going for a November release, then we'll probably see an October Kaboom. so that gives us a little over a month to have the next two events go down.

Actually, if the next part starts in two week (Sept 19) and the third starts two weeks later (Oct 5th), then two weeks after that would be Oct 19, or one month before the theorized release date.

Deleted
    The next patch released will be '3.9' (it doesn't have to be called 3.9, the number doesn't matter). It won't bring the cataclysm but will introduce the new talent trees and such. Then 2 weeks before the new game is released, there will be another patch (may as well call it 4.0, again the numbers don't matter) in which the cataclysm will have happened and all the new content will be there. Then you'll get the cataclysm box to unlock worgen/goblin, 80-85, new raids + instances.

Source: About 5:30 into this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eKWl...eature=related .