Blood Tanking: Bryntroll or Shadow's Edge?

Topic.

Neither, get something with expertise on it.

Expertise capped with other gear. No issues there.

Armory link please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Valjon View Post
    Topic.
    Funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    Armory link.
    Totally.

BT is more fun

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Ok, this same topic was just brought up a couple days ago, the answer is still NEITHER. Get the Axe from Sarufang 10 Heroic, easy to get and much better then either Bryntoll or Shadow's Edge. It has over half the Expterise u need for the soft cap allowing you to keep more slots open for Stam gems.

Deleted
    so you are expertise parry capped with gear? sir, expertise is still worth it after the soft cap for tanks.

Oxheart is really nice for dwarves and humans too...

@nzall...

Actually...in higher end gear...its possible to get nearly HARDcapped with Ramaladni's.....Feel free to check yourself.

CLICK ME!!

I know...legs are junk and should be traded out for the crafted ones..i just haven't been in game for 2 and a half months. was working on the stuff to get em made since they are BiS iirc. Regardless....to answer the question, neither. Orgonath was spot on. however to choose between the 2....SE imo. Has on par damage with heroic Bryntroll and just looks plain sexier. But....if you ask me, if y9ou can get carried through a 25 for the axe...you can at LEAST put up 6k dps or so for saurfang 10 =/

Deleted
    @above poster: excellent gear, but is that your normal set? Or is it a Halion Heroic/Sindragosa Heroic cap set? Because you're horribly hit undercapped.

To the OP: Neither really. Go for Cryptmaker, Saurfang axe or Oxheart. Normal or heroic according to availability.
    But if you really have no serious intention on tanking and you only have access to those two weapons: Shadow's Edge. More Stamina, and you will naturally complete the quest as a tank as you progress (with some help on Queen).

Deleted
    @azreial

he said he was expertise capped from gear. i assume that is without an expertise weapon. i doubt he goes for the expertise hardcap for regular raiding.

edit: hardcapping expertise is only possible without 4PT10. since it gives an extra CD, 4PT10 is nearly mandatory.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2010-09-08 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Tbh I disagree, any Random Noob can PuG ICC bribe the RL to get Bloods and get 25 Saronite, but Heroic Bryntroll is (mostly) from having teh Skillz to get something harder than normal Marrowgar down.

Quests take Guilds, and if Guild isn't going to get you 50 Shards before Cataclysm hits you might as well just do the Souls Quest and wait for Cataclysm to hit, then PuG ICC every week for them.

If its Heroic Bryn, Bryn pwns Sad-O-Edge.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2010-09-08 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadows Edge outclasses both versions of Bryntroll.