Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KageZetsumei View Post
    http://www.cynicalbrit.com/news/cata...os-gnomeregan/

There's the entire new Gnome starting zone. Searching for things is hard.
    Dang straight.

Deleted
    Disappointed at the ending

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Troll druids are a much bigger thing in lore than gnome priests (no pun inteded). The equivalent in lore would probably be night elf mages, nah thats even more of lore change tbh.
    What? Why do you think Troll druids are a much bigger thing? I don't see it that way at all, because Gnome Priests pretty much mark the first time the Gnomes are putting faith in any sort of higher power. Considering they were a creation of the Titans, them only just now doing that, and gaining control of the Light is a huge thing Lorewise for the Gnomes. It's completely new territory for them. Trolls already had at least a basic understanding and interaction with natures spirits with Shamanism, so I don't see Troll Druids as being that far off. Trolls are simply expanding existing knowledge with Druids. Gnomes... totally new and race changing event.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by Janitor99 View Post
    Hmm, when is it going to be a real city like Stormwind?
    Probably when people start actually using Exodar for something besides bank alts (read: never).
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    What? Why do you think Troll druids are a much bigger thing? I don't see it that way at all, because Gnome Priests pretty much mark the first time the Gnomes are putting faith in any sort of higher power. Considering they were a creation of the Titans, them only just now doing that, and gaining control of the Light is a huge thing Lorewise for the Gnomes. It's completely new territory for them. Trolls already had at least a basic understanding and interaction with natures spirits with Shamanism, so I don't see Troll Druids as being that far off. Trolls are simply expanding existing knowledge with Druids. Gnomes... totally new and race changing event.
    All information about gnome priests that I've seen points to them being Medics labeled priests for gameplay reasons.

Deleted
    Troll's have been able to shapeshift for a while now, just look at ZA/ZA/Gundrak and all that, it's not a huge change that they can become druids, as they clearly already have control of the feral aspect of druidism.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Troll druids are a much bigger thing in lore than gnome priests (no pun inteded). The equivalent in lore would probably be night elf mages, nah thats even more of lore change tbh.
    Actually, Gnome priests is a big change. Before the addition of Priests, Gnomes were the only race that did not have a class that can heal. It was because the gnomes didn't believe in nature, the elements or the light. For them to have Priests is a huge change.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe they should fix the tunnel bug -.-
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

There's more a'takin' of Gnome in the new starting zone for gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteDrakeMount View Post
    All information about gnome priests that I've seen points to them being Medics labeled priests for gameplay reasons.
    Care to back that up? I've not seen anything like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Care to back that up? I've not seen anything like that.
    Yup, druids are field medics. (fun fact: third time I post this screenshot on MMO-C)

Further backing this up is that the spells are refered to as techniques rather than actual spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garenzo View Post
    Yup, druids are field medics. (fun fact: third time I post this screenshot on MMO-C)

Further backing this up is that the spells are refered to as techniques rather than actual spells.
    WEll that's interesting. The providing theory I have heard is that their new priesthood thing comes from the fact of them learning their orgins involving the Titans. While Gnomes have never really put much faith in a higher power, all the stuff with Mechagnomes and Ulduar could easily be a big turning point for them. Further, some female Gnomes have joined the Sisterhood of Steel. They clearly do not have issues with spells and magic, as they have mages and warlocks in their ranks... but instead see magic as a natural addition to their technology. In fact, there is evidence that they believe that magic can be reproduced completely by technology. Back in BC, I remember a Gnome trying to replicate druid powers with a battery or some such.

What this really makes me wish is Blizzard would get off it's damn duff and clear up some of these issues, but it seems to me Blizzard doesn't have a clear direction for Gnomes in mind, at all.