10+ Year Old Account

Question Should I drop Enchanting..?

Dear Forum,

My lock is JC/Enchanter which is awesome but.. lately I've began to wonder if enchanting is worth keeping compared to say Alchemy. I've never had an Alchemist but transmutes, better potions/flask seem like a better trade off than ring enchants and disenchanting. Not so much in regards to dps but more the convience of things. Should I just hold on to Enchanting till Cata or go ahead and drop it and get started on Alchemy.

Sincerly,

Confused/Unsure Lock

I'd say find a friendly alchemist and keep your current trade skills. I make Flasks for my raids and will give them away to guildies who've "forgotten" to stock up. Gold and materials are pretty easy to get these days. Buy materials on the auction house and have someone cook some up for you.

Why dont you just get alchemy on another character? if its convenience of it.

Deleted
    Ì would stick with the extra enchants on your rings. Since it gives you an extra benefit which alchemists can not get. I think it outweighs the benefit you gain when being an alchemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Ì would stick with the extra enchants on your rings. Since it gives you an extra benefit which alchemists can not get. I think it outweighs the benefit you gain when being an alchemist.
    This, sorta.

Short of 2 hour flasks, Alchemy and Enchanting both give 46 spell power bonus compared to nothing. Only thing you'd gain from alchemy is a 2 hour flask.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stick with enchanting/jc, it still seems to be a pretty solid combination in Cataclysm. If you really want alchemy, level it on an alt or something, but honestly, its not that amazing of a profession. I find enchanting/jc has more utility/gold making ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Not true. Better check what Mixology does.

Anyway: Disenchanting unwanted quest/raid gear = win

If you look for a convenience upgrade: Go for Engineering, rocket boots, parachute cloak, mote extractor, mobile mail and bank are sexy.

first of all alch gives 47 spell power and enchanting gives 46 spell power.

alch also gives a free endless mana pot and 2 hour flask.

enchanting only gives ring enchants yay?

but come cata it looks like alch will give 80 int and enchanting will give 50 x 2 = 100 int. so i would keep enchanting for now but that's just my option.

Dude... jw/ench is best combo eva, if you know how to roll... and if you suck go change it to your loverboy alchemy and go suck even more, sorry for being rude but comone, how cna someone who have at max lvl jw and ench can even Think about dumping any of those prof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggins View Post
    Dude... jw/ench is best combo eva, if you know how to roll... and if you suck go change it to your loverboy alchemy and go suck even more, sorry for being rude but comone, how cna someone who have at max lvl jw and ench can even Think about dumping any of those prof
    Actually the best combo for profit/performance is Jewelcrafting/Blacksmithing. Jewelcrating gives you 3 (let's talk Stamina for this exemple) 51 stamina gems, and blacksmithing gives you 2 extra sockets for you to put 2 30 stamina gems. So with JC/BSing you get +103 stamina ([51+51+51]-[30x3]) <--The bonus from the 3 JCIng stamina gems, (30+30) <--The bonus from the 2 extra BSing sockets.

Now, before you say JCing/Enchanting is the best combo, the stamina ring enchant is +24 on both rings. Which is less then 2 30 stamina on both brand new sockets.

As for the profit, all the money you invest in JCing/BSing will come back to you. With BSing, every iCC pattern you craft, thats a free 100g for you. Every Toc patern u craft, 50g.
    With jcing you can just buy all the uncut gems that are selling for less then 80 gold and cut them for something that sells for more then 120 gold. yay profit.

Its hard to explain but it made sense in my head. Hope this helped.
    Last edited by mmoc7310cd14e0; 2010-09-10 at 07:00 AM. Reason: im tired. miss spelled.