Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    As a tank my tactic is just to enter the dungeon stay in there for 5 seconds and watch everyone say in group chat "no not HoR" and leaves until im alone. (i actuly like the dungeon)
    If i get lucky only one leave after the event is started we wipe and i put on this song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miG9wui0FfQ and rock it and one shot everything and done in 10 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Modify View Post
    to survive, roll a tank and dont suck
    Pretty much this. If you have a good tank, as long as everyone else has a vague clue of what they are doing, you are good to go. Especially in the second part, a tank that can't pick up the abominations worth a shit in a mediocre group is going to wipe it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healing after the first boss in HoR can be really difficult as a paladin, be prepared to heal hard and take pots as you get barely any time to drink and eat. Make sure the tanks knows the LoS pull (we do it on the west side crevice) to make it easier for you minimizing party damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super informative. This is something necessary for some of those ass-wipe instances that you know PuGs will just fail at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights - The great thing about DKs is how huge DnD is, and with the ability to spread AE dot's and death grip range, makes them pretty easy to tank HoR. If your DG is on CD, you can either taunt and use Icy touch to maintain threat on the range or use taunt and back into a cubby to pull them into range. If you are not raiding on your toon yet and just doing heroics I like to pick up corps explosion, it provides additional AE threat and DPS for when you need to rune dump, and there's always an abundance of corpses laying around.
    Healer died at the beginning of the gauntlet on one of my runs. No other healing class with us. Because of how OP Blood tanks are we managed to survive with some creative CD's. Just keep your head on straight.

tl;dr reply

To survive in HoR, use the abilities your class have available!

I normally just heroic throw mages, charge/disarm/shield slam riflemen, and thunderclap/cleave/shockwave once they are in a nice neat stack

you have a terrible kill order >.< its priest>mage>merc the others don't matter, even the trap doesn't hurt as much as the others

You forgot to add that hunters and priests are invaluable CCers here for the pesky riflemen

How to survive pug HoR:
    Roll a paladin, and use this macro
    /castsequence Divine Shield, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Vamandrac View Post
    Since morons play this game.
    I wouldn't call them morons, as that would be an insult to morons everywhere. I would call them willfully ignorant, which is much worse.

That's weird I coulda sworn the easiest way was to /leavegroup and save myself the pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Warrior, remember to charge the Riflemen and Disarm them! Makes dealing with them a lot easier!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

As a resto shaman:

Step1: pop cleansing totem and tremor totem
    Step2: cleanse spirit on the curse from the hunter/caster in the gauntlet
    Step3: spam chain heal while keeping ES on the tank
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    you have a terrible kill order >.< its priest>mage>merc the others don't matter, even the trap doesn't hurt as much as the others
    I explained why I set up my kill order, I don't understand why this is yours? I find as a healer or a tank a priest doesn't really do anything too dangerous to wipe a group unless your group is really low dps and you're overlapping waves. Merc's stun is very dangerous for the 2 main reasons I explained, mages don't bother me much as a tank or a healer, they are easily interrupted.

You forgot to add that hunters and priests are invaluable CCers here for the pesky riflemen
    Nope, it's in there, you just missed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XeliosX View Post
    How to survive pug HoR:
    That is just mean....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly agree with the OP. Here's how I handle the place:

As Hunter - Drop explosive trap at the edge of the wall we're hiding behind, and hide. MD to the tank. Trap goes off and AoE MD's the mobs to the tank. Disengage out of the corner, drop Volley while I target the merc. Sic pet on Merc, hunter's mark, sting.. volley some more. Return to focus fire when down to 2 mobs.

As Mage - Focus fire the merc while the MT picks up aoe threat. Invis when I pull the merc off the tank (most often, this happens). Pop out of invis, or when the merc dies, start my aoe rotation. If no merc, I burn the healer the same way.

As Enhance - FF the merc and pop rage & wolves if I pull threat, using Maelstrom procs for Chain Lightening OR Chain Heal, depending on the group & situation.

As DK DPS - Focus Fire the merc / healer, pop IBF if I pull threat, Pest & BB for every set of blood runes. HB every time it's up (DW frost dps).

AS DK Tank - DnD at corner, then hide. Pop out with Icy, Plagu & Pest. Blood Tap or Rune Weap to clear runes, then BB spam as much as I can. Pop CD's as needed, DS as often as possible for self heals.

As Rogue - Tricks & FoK x2 as mobs arrive. FF the merc while burning aoe CD's if they're up. Vanish if I pull threat. If the group gets into danger I'll try mouseover+blind and/or Vanish+stunlock, or even evasion tank if need be. And 1 of my rogue's is an engineer, so can try to save a healer if they die (depending on circumstances).

Generally the problems I have with HoR are undergeared, overambitious tanks who shouldn't be there (queued in their DPS set, for example... I get that a lot). Or, horribly bad healers who just can't keep up with the waves, or just aren't doing the right things.

My best healer experiences in there are always with Shaman. Resto Shamans just seem to pwn the place, regardless of how bad the rest of the group might be. But even then if the tank has no skill, it's over.

The hard part as a hunter is you freeze something and it seems to say RUN AND HIT IT. WTF
    As a bear tank watching a dk ignore a ranged.. DUH can't grip it? Got to keep my deeps up man.
    As a healer watching people stand in front of a mob and swing away. UH you would have a lot better time standing BEHIND THE BOSS.

As a healer, the agro is stupid. I have had agro in a NEW RUN with NOTHING CAST. WTF
    I have watched every mob run to me and ignore tanks aoe and dps whacking on them and on the agro table I was last but still they run to me.
    (that is blizzard stupidity) I really feel that this type of bs will show up BIG TIME IN cata

How to survive pug HoR:

I am seeing more and more tanks in all instances run in pull everything they can then drop. WTF IS UP WITH THAT? is that fun or ?

Deleted
    A lot of tanks don't like HoR.

I love it.

It isn't hard, it just takes effort. You see all those tanks leaving whenever their random is HoR? They won't last a minute during Cataclysm instances.

I tanked hc HoR a few times on my paladin, i'll add what i usually do... you might find it useful.

Drop consecration when the first mob is almost on you, hit him a bit while the others get in range (usually dps waits a few seconds hidden so aggro shouldn't be a problem at all) and then holy wrath -> hammer of the righteous. Congratulations, now they're glued to you. I usually keep the priest targeted so i can silence him with avenger's shield to interrupt the heal, letting the dps go where they like. If you can try to LoS the hunter so he comes closer to you, just don't bring the footman in melee with casters as they're likely to interrput them. If you can't bring the hunter near just taunt when needed, melee aggro shouldn't be a problem at all.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

This is easy sauce as a Resto Shammy. I've healed it as all the Healing classes and Shammy is hands down the easiest. Disc Priest is probably next. I don't really have the idea of Druid healing down.

Shammy: Focus on the priests. Interrupt Dark Mending. Drop Cleansing totem, and clear other debufs as needed. Spool up Chain heal immediately after the fears (tremor totem is worthless here) and then get everyone topped off with your quick healing waves.

Priest: (I only play Disc for healing, so this is specific) Bubble, bubble, bubble and bubble. Shackle the ranged mobs that don't come into the alcove. Shackle is REALLLY good for keeping the hunters locked down and not throwing frost traps. It also slows down the encounters, as the wave is basically down a mob.

Stuff that sucks:
    DPS that thinks it doesn't have to/can't interrupt. Dark Mending is a major PITA when people don't interrupt it. Priests, remember that shackle will interrupt, even if damage breaks it immediately. It's better than the mob priest getting off a few big heals. Honestly the only tanks I've seen that have had problems have been DKs, with their AOE Threat abilities so tied to rune cool downs. Anyone else pretty much just pulls everyone in.