When to go fury?

I haven't really been able to find any definite information on this... So I figure I'll just make a post here. From what I could pick up, is arms until triumph/232 gear, then fury the rest of the way.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Skulldreya

My armory, in case it's needed. (out of date atm)

Well, for starters.. Your crit is low, making arms not worth it in the end.
    Fury is primarily going to out Damage/DPS Arms due to the amount of attacks you deal within a minute's time.
    Sure Bladestorm looks nice, but overall it doesn't make up for the amount of damage you lack while it's on CD.

Fury All the way Imo. I went Fury at lv 73, don't regret it.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

10+ Year Old Account
    You can go Fury whenever you want; For my Warrior, there was very little difference in DPS when it came to Boss fights.

Pick whichever you like, just be aware of what stats you should be capping/stacking.

Deleted
    When you have mad gearscore!

...You go fury when you are hit capped (8%), expertise capped (forgot % but its like 27 rating), and have a good amount of ArP

As one of the other people said... do it whenever you want. Just make sure as you're gearing up you're hitting your hit/exp caps. Don't stack ArP with heroic gear, and I wouldn't even recommend it with ICC10 gear unless you're COMPLETELY decked out and working into ICC10H/ICC25

Hit is 8% I think, but I'm not sure if DW 2h's is penalized by the 27% or so miss from dualwielding. Most of my knowledge of melee comes from my rogue... I just figured fury's rage gen would be low with low gear. Or at least that's what I drew from most places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury started to surpass Arms in ~219 gear. And by the time you get to full 232 gear fury STOMPS arms into the dust. Arms down fall is its scaling. It soft critcaps itself at 50% which is easily passable in 232 gear. Haste is worth nearly 0 to arms is only worth 0.3 str where as for fury its only slightly behind Crit 0.75 vs 0.85. I would gem Str in 232 gear and once you start getting your 251 pieces or anyting from ICC gem it with ARP. ARP passes STR in worth at ~40% which is easily obtainable (I get over 30% alone from my 2 weapons and 1 trinket).

Summary - Go fury as soon as you have 2x 232 weapons and some badge 232 gear. GEM if you need to, to hit the 26 expertise cap and the 5%(from gear) hit cap.

So, I assume the 5% is for specials etc. But how much hit is too much? I'm not sure if the dw penalty applies here... Would be nice to know

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a thread in the sticking telling you all the caps for each spec.

5% hit (+3% from talents) = special capped (4% if your alliance)

26 expertise (213 rating, less if you have racial weps) = dodge capped

1400(1399.6~) Armor pen rating = 100% armor pen. (Sunders are applied BEFORE your arp so sunders are still a dps increase to players with 100% arp. Shattering throw also is a dps increase to use it if your raid is very physical damage heavy, however it is not an increase for you to use it if you are the only one benefiting from it.

hit past the special cap for fury is pretty much worthless atm due to a slight bug with HS that means you miss a LOT less than you really should with your offhand swings. But even without counting the bug hit past cap was worth about 0.4STR or 50% of the worth of 1 point of crit(0.8-0.9 STR) to put it into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    I have a thread in the sticking telling you all the caps for each spec.

5% hit (+3% from talents) = special capped (4% if your alliance)

26 expertise (213 rating, less if you have racial weps) = dodge capped

1400(1399.6~) Armor pen rating = 100% armor pen. (Sunders are applied BEFORE your arp so sunders are still a dps increase to players with 100% arp. Shattering throw also is a dps increase to use it if your raid is very physical damage heavy, however it is not an increase for you to use it if you are the only one benefiting from it.

hit past the special cap for fury is pretty much worthless atm due to a slight bug with HS that means you miss a LOT less than you really should with your offhand swings. But even without counting the bug hit past cap was worth about 0.4STR or 50% of the worth of 1 point of crit(0.8-0.9 STR) to put it into perspective.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for your help