Prot Herald of Titans

Is it better to gem 20 def until capped or 10 def+15 stam till cap? I am unable to obtain def cap with the current gear level. Also what should I gem for the rest of the sockets? I have one or two blue sockets that have 30 stam and figured that after I reach a certain amount of HP I should gem for dodge or parry. Any insight on gemming for Herald of Titans would be helpful. Thanks ^^
    Link to my gear- http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21647105

You should be hitting def cap through gear alone, if you're gemming for it then get better gear.

All your gems should be +30 stam unless the socket bonus is +12stam, in that case feel free to hybridize with a stam/other stat gem. The only sockets that shouldn't be filled with 30 stam are the meta socket, and the 2 gems needed to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    You should be hitting def cap through gear alone, if you're gemming for it then get better gear.

All your gems should be +30 stam unless the socket bonus is +12stam, in that case feel free to hybridize with a stam/other stat gem. The only sockets that shouldn't be filled with 30 stam are the meta socket, and the 2 gems needed to make it work.
    Are you sure you know what you are talking about? He is gemming for Algalon achieve which is defeating him with 219 ilvl gear.

I think it's fine to enchant/gem to cap and wear stam the for the rest. Algalon hits hard and you're gonna need a big HP pool to survive. And don't forget to activate meta.
    Last edited by Jin84; 2010-09-09 at 11:12 PM.

In 219 you should be able to just enchant for def rating, no need to gem it. Ergo, you should gem as I mentioned above ^

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    Are you sure you know what you are talking about? He is gemming for Algalon achieve which is defeating him with 219 ilvl gear.
    I'm quite sure it's 226 gear and 232 weapon/shield/ranged.

Malm <Apex> @ EU-Al'Akir

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/malmlive

Quote Originally Posted by Malm View Post
    I'm quite sure it's 226 gear and 232 weapon/shield/ranged.
    And I confirm this.

Deleted
    You will barely hit the defense cap with double rings that have no defense. I have almost BiS Herald gear, and I have 538 defense rating with the resilience enchant on shoulders.

Seems you lack enchants. You can enchant defense on chest/shield/cloak if you struggle so much with getting capped.

I use the trinket that drops from Thaddius 10 man that has a bulk of defense rating and then a HP proc.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not 219, it's 226. Do YOU know what you're talking about, Jin84?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE