Deleted

Warcraft Movie

was looking forward to this and then it kinda.... stopped

anyone got and news/info on it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupandaren View Post
    was looking forward to this and then it kinda.... stopped

anyone got and news/info on it?
    It didn't stopped for the simple fact that hasn't even started yet. Wait until Blizzcon, we will probably get more news.

Deleted
    Indeed. I also looked forward for some "change" when Obama was elected. Publicity, what can you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Indeed. I also looked forward for some "change" when Obama was elected. Publicity, what can you do...
    Hey Hey Hey Hey, he changed his office =P
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Really dude? Really? Get out of here with that garbage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrong forum.

Director is Sam Riami.

He has current project in the works, and THEN the Warcraft movie.

The movie, script, story, everything is continually being worked on, so you can expect something of quality, not some movie tossed together over a year and a half period.

And, the movie is in the hands of Legendary Pictures, In my opinion, the best studio that could have taken on the project and in VERY Good hands.

Don't rush a quality project, they got a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of setting up for a great quality movie, this is very rare, don't want to push it.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    Hey Hey Hey Hey, he changed his office =P
    /highfive

OT: Yeah, there will hopefully be some solid information about the movie at Blizzcon. Still... I'm worried about the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Wrong forum.

Director is Sam Riami.

He has current project in the works, and THEN the Warcraft movie.

The movie, script, story, everything is continually being worked on, so you can expect something of quality, not some movie tossed together over a year and a half period.

And, the movie is in the hands of Legendary Pictures, In my opinion, the best studio that could have taken on the project and in VERY Good hands.

Don't rush a quality project, they got a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of setting up for a great quality movie, this is very rare, don't want to push it.
    What he said. The same thing was done with Lord of the Rings, they took bloody forever to make the movies and made sure everything was right. While Sam Raimi is no Peter Jackson, I think the movie could still be potentially well made (it could also be terrible, especially if the line "I was just in the neighborhood" is in the script). Every videogame movie I can think of was wipped together and relied on the sucess of the game to be succesful in ripping people off with s ahittyass movie.

Saw an interview a bit back (July or so) where he did indeed say its next on his list after hes done with some other movie...atm its a 40 page script (or 2 months ago it was) and appearntly ol Sam himself plays WoW so...eh atleast its not gonna be a Knaack so to speak. Unless Sam plays a gnome....ahh fu--*MECHATORK 5000 ONLINE! ONE SHOTTING ZG WITH MY GIANT LAZERS TO LEAVE NOTING BUT A GIANT HOLE IN THE GROUND*...and thats why there is no ZG in Cata. Thanks Sam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    What he said. The same thing was done with Lord of the Rings, they took bloody forever to make the movies and made sure everything was right. While Sam Raimi is no Peter Jackson, I think the movie could still be potentially well made (it could also be terrible, especially if the line "I was just in the neighborhood" is in the script). Every videogame movie I can think of was wipped together and relied on the sucess of the game to be succesful in ripping people off with s ahittyass movie.
    Raimi is going to do as best as he can to make the WoW movie a success. I remember him saying in an interview he's played WoW since he got offered the job to get a feel of the game, and the community. That proves to you he wants to make sure it's something that fits in with WoW and the community likes it.

He was also saying he and the writers hadn't decided if it would focus on, or have, any of the main characters from the game...Thrall, Varian, Arthas, Jaina, Sylvanas, etc.

Lastly - you know why it's going to be as good as it can be? Think of how many people play this game across the world. If you do good with it - everyone that plays will see it multiple times. Which means $ for the production company. Potentially you get people who haven't played to see it - more subscribers = more $ for Blizzard.

IMHO the Warcraft movie is going to go down the same line as Starcraft Ghost where they work on it for several years and then decide to scrap the whole thing and act like it never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    he's played WoW since he got offered the job to get a feel of the game, and the community.
    Hopefully theres not barrens or trade chat in the movie...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

10+ Year Old Account
    Latest rumors say the movie is going to about Arthas' rise and fall... though I think it's a bit late for that movie... hoping on something related to cataclysm if it's out in time

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Latest rumors say the movie is going to about Arthas' rise and fall... though I think it's a bit late for that movie... hoping on something related to cataclysm if it's out in time
    I believe in an interview they said the movie will be 1 year before WoW Classic took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Dog View Post
    Really dude? Really? Get out of here with that garbage.
    you need to calm down. Just a post. I see you bashing posts everywhere jesus.

OT: Yeah I saw small tidbits of information places, there working on a cast I believe right now. Not sure how far the actual script is though.
    of course thats just information I read off the web

last i heard the script was only 40 pages long... might be a while yet guys.

Wrong forum, wrong topic.