Poll: Best Villian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas shouldn't even be on that list, he's not a villain.

He's misguided and corrupted, but not a bad guy by choice, so I wouldn't call him a villain.

Same goes for Sargeras actually, he's just another good guy who got corrupted.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as villians go, Arthas is the most complex and tragic, but I gotta vote Kael'thas!

Arthas was an awesome villain before the whole Wrath fiasco, I'm voting for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

My vote is for Kil'Jaeden, while Sargares is the founder of the Burning Legion and all we haven't seen or heard from him in a very long time, otherwise he'd get my vote. But to me, KJ represents the most powerful and biggest enemy (the Burning Legion) and Arthas/Lich King, Illidan etc pretty much were all a part of it at one point anyways, cept they were killed(ish).

As far as having the most connections with player/villian though its definetely Arthas. As much as people make fun of Warcraft lore, I think its quite cool to have so many different mutual enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    University: Flagstaff, AZ Summer: Phoenix, AZ
    I voted for Deathwing cause Im excited for cata..
    But on second thought Sargeras ins't a bad choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post

Same goes for Sargeras actually, he's just another good guy who got corrupted.
    As far as I've seen, hasn't Blizzard been really vague with this in the lore?

From what I've read, he was already doubtful of his actions and duty from the sheer amount of "evil" in the Universe, and the Nathrezim just pushed that doubt a little further (partially through magical means maybe/sorta?) until he went over the edge emotionally and drifted into despair, depression, and ultimately "evil".

I put Evil in quotations because it's not so much evil as it is the natural state of things.

The Universe was "Evil" -> The titans came and changed a bunch of stuff up to make it "Good."

Sargeras (at least my take on it, none of it's really been explained in-depth as far as I know) sees the titans as unnatural and unnecessary influences who go about the universe righting "wrongs." Who are they to judge what is right and wrong in the Universe when the Universe is, in its natural state, "wrong?"

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Read a couple of the books(The Last Guardian has some great examples), this isnt limited to what weve seen in WoW.
    I read them all i want to known about him.

I would have to say the TBC raid bosses were the most evil to me. Illidan stands out in my mind.

I have to vote for Lord Arthas.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." ~Voltaire

Ner'zhul?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Kil'jaeden all the way. He can go from a straight power play (Sunwell) to a long convoluted scheme (Orc corruption) and look good doing both until they end up failing. Also, while most villains tend to be ruthless and see underlings as expendable, KJ actually tends to garner some loyalty by giving them a break. For example, sure he tortured and transformed Ner'zhul, but almost any other villain would have just killed him instantly. Same for Illidan after he failed to kill the Lich King and tried hiding in Outland.

Interweb Wasteland: Braving the trade channel so you don't have to:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...teland-Returns

Im really shocked Putress is so low.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    Grand Apothecary Putress. He's one of the few Villains on the list who isn't "GOODBUTHENCORRUPTEDBYEVILLOL." He's evil by choice and genuinely hates the living.
    this...

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 11:38 AM ----------

actually can someone make another one of these but with people who are actually villans not good then corrupted now evil?

Sargeras has to win for general badassery. That whole thing with Medivh? Genius. I can imagine things will only get better once he's introduced to the game. There's a lot of potential there, with all the things he controls, all that he's done.

And love Putress with a passion. My favorite in-game. All the apothecaries really, they've done a lot of evil things. I can't count all the quests I've done where they've had me do something terrible pertaining to their plagues.

Third is Arthas... ICC may have been pretty lame, but Arthas himself was not. Pretty well-developed story there.

I never understood Deathwing. I think he's probably the most generic and uninteresting of all of them. I wish they had developed him more before making an expansion based on the Cataclysm. I also wish he wasn't called Deathwing.
    Last edited by Civz; 2010-09-09 at 12:03 PM.

Mimiron isn't really evil, but his personality is golden!

He's well seconded by Professor Putricide...

The results of this poll are merely a setback...