Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

New 80-85 Flight Paths?

Ok I'm thinking I know the answer to this but I wanted to ask just to be sure...

Are there new flight paths to discover in the 80-85 content areas? Or since we're able to fly ourselves, is there no need for new flight paths?

I'm asking because I've held a "discover all the flight paths" night right after the last two expansion launches, so curious about planning for the 3rd Annual "Find the New Flight Paths." And started wondering, "Wait..are there new flight paths to bind to?"

Thanks for replies
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

what for? we got random portalz that are gonna ruin the fun of travelling anyway

Yes there is.
    However, in Vash'jir, there are.. swim paths, for lack of a better word, which are pretty much Flight Paths, but on Sea Horsies

.. I dont know if they connect to the flight paths tho. I doubt it, but Ill have to look into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    what for? we got random portals that are gonna ruin the fun of traveling anyway
    like being afk for like 10 minutes while your character travels to the other side of a continent is fun.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnQT View Post
    Yes there is.
    However, in Vash'jir, there are.. swim paths, for lack of a better word, which are pretty much Flight Paths, but on Sea Horsies

.. I dont know if they connect to the flight paths tho. I doubt it, but Ill have to look into that.
    They don't. However there are flight paths from the boats and the island in Vashir, and I am pretty sure that one of the "seahorse paths" lead to the flight path. *goes checks*

Yeah, there is.
    Last edited by Shardie; 2010-09-09 at 04:21 AM.

You either fly into new zones or use the "breadcrumb" quest to get sent there via a portal. Once your there, you can discover the new flight paths and they do connect to the old world ones.

On the subject of old world flight paths, they seem to have increased fourfold. I havent done a massive amount of exploration on the beta, but I saw at least 2 new flight masters in Westfall and Elwynn Forest. So if a quest sends you for a long run, its not so long anymore.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh good, so there are at least a few new flight paths we can "fly ourselves" to basically, and thanks for the headsup on the "swim" paths between seahorsies - I would probably put them in the event as well even if they aren't directly "flight paths" its still something we can discover as a group and will be there for leveling later on to make things easier.

Details can be filled in closer to release - just wanted to get a headsup on if it was a possibility. Looks like yes! WOO! Fun event is a go!

(and it really is a fun event, We had bout 30 or so guildies and friends running along the coast of NR and taking turtles to pick up flightpaths - and then of course we hit the flight wall for Icecrown and such but we got them all done up to that point! HA! )

Thanks all who responded (in a helpful manner )
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

BTW, just a heads up. Some of the flights paths you wont be able to receive at 1st due to phasing (similar to Crusader's Pinnacle and Shadow Vault in ICC). But ya, Mt. Hyjal, Uldum, and TWH all have flight paths. Vashj'ir has the seahorse paths and an alliance flight path on one of the little islands that takes you to Ironforge. The horde also has a FP there that takes you to Undercity (which is stupid that UC is its only connection point. If you want to fly to Badlands or Twilight Highlands you have to fly all the way up to UC only to fly back down again ><). Also Deepholme has no Flight paths.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for that! Yea I figured there would be some places we couldn't get to yet, much like Icecrown and Storm Peaks in NR.

I know closer to release there will be finalized flight path maps up and such, I always use those to map out what order we'd be going in and to figure out what we can, and cannot, get to yet.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR