Some tips on getting into a good rading guild as a feral druid

Heya. Cataclysm is drawing nearer all the time, and the guild I was in wasn't going to make it to lich king before the expansion. I jumped to my friends guild, but the team they do have on lich king is full. I really want to be able to kill Lich King on at least 10 player before the expansion, so I've decided I'm going to apply to a raiding guild.

My problem is I've never applied to a raiding guild before, so I'm not sure how, really. What are some things I can do to find a good raiding guild, and what are some things I can do that will help my chances of getting in?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shanksteak

My MS spec tank, but I guess I could pretty easily switch my gemming around and go cat if it significantly helps my chances. I would, however, like to stay tank, as its what I enjoy the most.

Some things I'd enjoy some help with.

1. Finding a raiding guild thats going to be able to do the things I want. I know which guild on horde is the best, PvE wise, for example, but since they're on 25 HM LK, the chance that they would want a new tank at this juncture is slim. Is there a trick to finding a guild that isn't too far, but far enough?

2. How to get an invite

3. What changes can I make to improve my chances of getting accepted (especially since I've been in a casual-esque guild, we only got to 6-12 on 10m, so everything past that I can't really get the achievement and show my prospective guild I know what I'm doing there, because I don't have a raid to go with that far (on alts ive downed BP's in a pretty good pug, but thats about it)).

Thanks for any help. I would appreciate it greatly.

Ok, first in order to get into a decent raiding guild you should as yourself a few questions:

When do I want to raid? 1 night a week? On weekends? 4 nights a week spread out over a week?

2nd ask yourself if you are willing to pay for a server transfer.

3rd visit wowprogress.com and look up your server or and other servers you would be willing to go to. Click on guilds that have the number of bosses killed that you are looking for. Read on down the page and look for information that would say how to join. Usually this comes from a website application on a guild's forums.

If a guild has no discription use wowarmory.com to search for a guild's officers or guild master in order to ask for how to apply.

I'm no expert on feral druid tanking but your gear seems fine. Most people frown at pvp gear in a pve environment but it usually isn't completely off-putting.

Get an offspec and try to gear it in a way that makes it possible to just swap gear sets and your good to go.

Use proper english and grammar while applying (unlike this post).

You also have to, possibly above all, be reasonable. You don't have very much Icc experience as you are 6-7/12. Trying to join a guild that is 11/12 icc 25 HM is probably out. Look for guilds in the 8-10/12 range and hope that guild progresses.

You also will want to look at other guild's loot systems in order to decide if you would like to join.

Hope this helps as it is moshpit of whatever the heck came to mind about guilds.

15+ Year Old Account
    i persnoaly look up guilds on wowprogess and then when iv found one,

illl goto the server and /w someone asking if there is an officer online and if i get the name of an officer ill have a chat teling him my situation and seeying if hes intrested in having me.

i am sure there are some guild that could use a bear tank, after all bears are some of the best tanks ingame at high end conent. but stable guild all have stable tanks and no room for extra, however there are not a lot of spots for kitty's either only like 1 per raid or so. i swapped from beeying a guild MT in a 12/12normal guild to a 9/12HC guild but i ddi also swap to kitty dps as they had no room for me as tank
    (i did not swap for progress, there was a misunderstanding on our LK kill whne i fel off the edge and they though i did it on purpose so i got kicked)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Tyrrandion. Like Nangz already suggested, you should think really hard about what you want. When do you want to raid, how many hours a night, social, casual, hardcore, for WOTLK (LK kill) only or also into Cataclysm?

Now go to your realms forums first, and see if there are any guilds that meet your criteria. If not, head to the MMO-Champion LFG section or the Elitist Jerk section (more hardcore there ~ probably not for your progress level. But you never know.) You will probably find a couple of guilds that you like. Read their LFM topics, check their progress, check into their guild history. You will have a higher chance of getting into guilds who are specifically looking for your class and spec, but even if the priority is low or even closed, you can still apply. Its all about the application. Look around the forums of the guild you're applying to and see if you can find a pattern in accepted and declined players - usually the accepted players have more proven experience but also a better, more informative application.

Its all about the application. Be honest, be informative, be professional, show your personality. Answer their questions, do something with their constructive* criticism. Yes, that sounds an awful lot like a job application, but treat it as such, and you'll be fine.

More tips here:

http://snarkcraft.wordpress.com/2009...wotlk-edition/

http://www.hotsdots.com/2010/01/10-t...raiding-guild/

http://www.wow.com/2009/03/20/how-to-apply-to-a-guild/

*If the criticism given is just 'lol you suck' and in no way informative, run for the hills and apply at another guild.

Lots of good information here already, you have no idea how many bad applications we get from players who actually have decent gear/experience but it just says "becuz im good at my class and i want to raid". We just turn them away. If you can't be bothered writing an application then we can't be bothered to gear you up because the chances are you'll be just as lazy when it comes to wiping on progress bosses. Do try to be realistic though, there's no point applying to 11/12hc guilds because there's just noway they would accept someone with no hardmode experience or LK experience. If you find a guild who are maybe just starting out on heroic modes they might give you a shot though if they really need a tank, but much higher than that will be hard to get into unless you know someone in the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also keep in mind when you talk about doing feral DPS, since it has such a high skillcap/JOHN MADDEN factor, you should be ready to provide some logs.