View Poll Results: Are Paladins always going to be faceroll?

Voters
30. This poll is closed
  • Yes, always and forever.

15 50.00%
  • Yes, but Cata will fix it!

2 6.67%
  • No.

13 43.33%

Unhappy Wish I never had Beta

Incoming QQ.

I know it'll annoy many people when I say this as a lot of people would love to have access to beta, but I wish I never did! I'm seriously thinking about quitting my Paladin; not because Cataclysm is going to break the protection tree, but because it doesn't seem to have fixed it. For a long while now everyone knows that Paladins have an extremely low skill cap and after a year or so of hearing it I don't think I can live with it anymore

I was hoping Cataclysm would fix it but it's becoming more apparent every day that I've totally wasted my time

Anyone else feel the Holy Light has abandoned them? :P

Deleted
    i personally love my ret/holy paladin might not require alot of skill but im more into the story tbh. when i feel dumbed down i just switch to my druid and spec cat = problem solved xD

I often revert to my frost DK for the same reason; it's just that everytime I do I hate my paladin a little more lol.

What specifically are you talking about? What do you find broken about paladins in beta?

Aside from a couple of bugged skills I am enjoying the Holy Power mechanic. Though the lack of defensive abilities in my rotation feel a little weird.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

Deleted
    Ever think about quitting the beta, I'd love to... Err.. Take care of your beta chars until it goes offline. :3

At least beta is free, now you know you don't want to be around for cata so you saved $50

I've been playing since the alpha, i leveled 1 character to 85 and thats all i'm going to do on beta, im not one of the people who level 3-4 max level characters on the beta only to be bored when everything goes live and youve already done everything 150 times and it's already stale and boring. I have a guildy who has 2 85's on beta working on his 3rd and had both an 80+ worgen and goblin before they were disabled, that is just too much spoiling for my tastes...lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizerie View Post
    and after a year or so of hearing it I don't think I can live with it anymore
    Don't do it, you have so much to live for!! -__-

everyone knows that Paladins have an extremely low skill cap
    Liked this bit.

On a side note why not try out healing? Holy palys seem to have had quite a bit of love from cata.

And if you really really have to tank, I could only advise you to try out warriors, for me they're by far the most interesting tanking class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is beta, what happens in it doesn't fully show what's going to be released! Blizzard already changed so much things from when they first talked about it in last year blizzcon! Classes get broken in beta but end up fix in the finished product, Ghostcrawler said paladins are going to require skill to play just give them time to get to that point without making us to hard to play compared to other classes! It's an endless QQ circle!
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

Deleted
    I often revert to my frost DK for the same reason; it's just that everytime I do I hate my paladin a little more lol.
    *facedesk*.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalien View Post
    What specifically are you talking about? What do you find broken about paladins in beta?

Aside from a couple of bugged skills I am enjoying the Holy Power mechanic. Though the lack of defensive abilities in my rotation feel a little weird.
    I didn't say Cataclysm broke paladins, I'm saying it didn't fix it. Holy Power is a bit of a joke for prot, you build it and you spend it in a very repetitive, totally predictable way. I may well go Holy in cata but my love has always been in tanking.

Has anyone else ever switched mains from a char they've been playing for 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    *facedesk*.
    Why? There's a massive difference between a good and a bad frost dps..