Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is there achiv for breaking 600hit? :P

Cant belive it - i broke 600 hit rating and thats without FA talent specced? All hunter gear i come across looks like upgrade in rawr and has hit, and hit rating is growing like a plague (sometimes ashamed, luckily noone in pugs check hit )

Yes, i know i got +hit trinket, but really dont have any other and even if i get another one, i will still have 500hit.

edit:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&gn=WackaGnome
    Last edited by Maniac2; 2010-09-09 at 10:12 AM.

I don't understand the point of this.

I thought this was going to be about a rogue or some other melee dual wielder

Which although would still be silly, it would at least be kind of cool if you could get close to never missing with your offhand strikes

For a hunter though... well that's just weird

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Cant belive it - i broke 600 hit rating and thats without FA talent specced? All hunter gear i come across looks like upgrade in rawr and has hit, and hit rating is growing like a plague (sometimes ashamed, luckily noone in pugs check hit )

Yes, i know i got +hit trinket, but really dont have any other and even if i get another one, i will still have 500hit.

edit:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&gn=WackaGnome
    You are not alone with this overflowing hit. I, too, have hit trinket and the only natural way to get rid of it is to either get RotD or Rotface 25-man trinket.
    Here's my armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...kull&cn=Gromal
    And yes, I haven't bothered to change my hit talent away, so I'm at 4% over hard cap.

There is a hit cap, isn't there? Aren't you supposed to gear up to the cap, and then spend gear/gems/flasks on dps stats? I know for an arcane mage, I have to stack hit to the cap (talents+gear) and then stack haste and SP. With all of that hit you have, aren't you losing out on more important stats? Because I think after you hit the cap, all of those extra points in it a)mean nothing, and b)steal budget from Arp, Agi, whatever else hunters need....Int

Deleted
    The OP is complaining(?) that gear with hit is so abundant but still an upgrade over his previous non-hit pieces.
    I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    There is a hit cap, isn't there? With all of that hit you have, aren't you losing out on more important stats?
    Great job for not reading whole posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    There is a hit cap, isn't there? Aren't you supposed to gear up to the cap, and then spend gear/gems/flasks on dps stats? I know for an arcane mage, I have to stack hit to the cap (talents+gear) and then stack haste and SP. With all of that hit you have, aren't you losing out on more important stats? Because I think after you hit the cap, all of those extra points in it a)mean nothing, and b)steal budget from Arp, Agi, whatever else hunters need....Int
    /end sarcasm
    I'm bored.

Lets see, where to start.
    --You should never have a hit rating trinket.
    --You are survival specced and gemmed, bad idea.
    --You have far too much haste rating.
    --From the looks of it you go for the highest item level you can find.
    --You're using a haste glove enchant over agility/AP.

The only ways to improve in my opinion are as follows:
    --Raid Icecrown Citadel 10/25 as often as possible.
    -Heroic dailies, weekly, voa (if possible) as well.
    --Get your four piece tier 10 (Helmet, shoulders, chest, gloves), leggings if northern lights.
    --Get a different trinket to replace that hit rating one such as whispering fanged skull if that is doable.
    --Spec marksmanship and gem for it, it does more dps than survival.
    --The necklace needs to go it has haste and hit rating on it; it is terrible for you.
    -My hunter is using a 226 necklace because it is better itemized for me (Crit, AP, armor pen, agi and stam), not because I cannot find anything better but because it is the best thing for me until I can get her farther in icecrown.

Oh and one last thing before I go, if you were not asking for help or advice then please explain to us exactly what was the point of this thread, showing off how much hit rating you have? Not such a good idea, especially as a hunter*

*Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RahaMies View Post
    You are not alone with this overflowing hit. I, too, have hit trinket and the only natural way to get rid of it is to either get RotD or Rotface 25-man trinket.
    Here's my armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...kull&cn=Gromal
    And yes, I haven't bothered to change my hit talent away, so I'm at 4% over hard cap.
    Tbh, you as a lock have an option - get trinket from last boss in PoS heroic instead of that trinket, great for affli locks

Deleted
    Tbh, you as a lock have an option - get trinket from last boss in PoS heroic instead of that trinket, great for affli locks
    Hmm... true, I have completely overlooked that one. Tip appreciated.

--You should never have a hit rating trinket.
    - Didnt i say i dont have any other trinket? Dont think it would be wise and drop it and have that trinket slot empty?
    --You are survival specced and gemmed, bad idea.
    - I got dual specc and found survival more interesting and mm and sv are not that far
    --You have far too much haste rating.
    - i heard i can have too much hit, but having too much haste???
    --From the looks of it you go for the highest item level you can find.
    - Partly true, pugging require high GS for invite
    --You're using a haste glove enchant over agility/AP.
    - im Engi, why whould i downrank my enchant?

And i didnt start this thread to qq about my low dps (beacause its not low, had 11k dps on single target frostwyrm before gunship in icc), its about sole problem with hit rating which in near future i wont be able to lower considering im doing max 6/12 in icc pugs and loot that drops in 6/12.

Deleted
    Get Abyssal Rune from ToC5 normal or Nevermelting Ice Crystal from PoS Heroic. NMiC is your best choice as affliction. Read up on Critrolling before you start using it. Great post in the warlock forums here... "Learning to corrupt"...
    Get the crafted legs "Leggings of Woven Death and throw the t10 pants in your bank.
    Get the t10 chest so you have 4 pc bonus.

This alone will make you get rid of 244 hit. If you get the idea...?

Also... get the crafted Bejeweled Wizards Brazers instead of the pvp bracers you're using now. They're better. Also... check your gems, some of them are just bad choices. Like your t10 gloves for example or the 10haste/12 sp in your belt's white socket (23 sp...go with that..) or the gem in your cloak which gives you hit rating as a socket bonus... throw a 23 sp in there instead.. that list just goes on .. :-)

Nothing amazing or interesting about your hit. Just really, really bad gearing choices. Sorry dude. But that's what gearscore does to you - no wonder you can't do more than 6/12 as I would never personally invite you to a raid with that gear setup/stats. I'll go with the guy who knows what he's doing instead and where his gear choices show it.
    Last edited by mmoc7e7f5dec46; 2010-09-09 at 12:09 PM.

get banner of victory and dump mark of supremacy.

you told on yourself, you're not aloud to qq if you're USING A +HIT TRINKET

also Nighttimex2 Instead of your weapon.

The problem isnt too much hit on gear its just people like you making stupid gearing choices.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    get banner of victory and dump mark of supremacy.

you told on yourself, you're not aloud to qq if you're USING A +HIT TRINKET

also Nighttimex2 Instead of your weapon.

The problem isnt too much hit on gear its just people like you making stupid gearing choices.

/thread
    Good point there... btw, using 2 arp trinkets is ok for surv spec?

I love it when people say "bu bu but i have no other choice!!" when confining themselves to specific item level. Yes, you are right, you have no choice when it comes to lvl245 badge trinket. But why does everyone feel butthurt if they are advised to get a lvl200 Mirror of truth which is far FAR superior to Mark of Supremacy for someone 1million hit over the hit cap. Or you can get Darkmoon Card: Greatness, even better. And for the lock above, you could have went with NmIC, Sundial of the Exiled, Abyssal Rune, anything was better then wasting 60frosts on that trinket, even the Purified Lunar Dust would be better. It's never the lack of choice that is the problem, but the feeling of your e-peen getting smaller when you use a lower lvl item. Don't be constrained by GS.
    Last edited by Fichek; 2010-09-09 at 02:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good point there... btw, using 2 arp trinkets is ok for surv spec?
    Its a hell of a lot better then using hit trinkets that add practically zero dps lol.

BTW OP, I hate you for having both VoA25 drops. I haven't got a single drop off that boss on any of my alts (obviously my main has those pieces from raiding). Stop paying so much attention to item level and actually get gear that is an upgrade. Also, stop using Rawr to try and make theorycrafting decisions. It is a decent program, but nowhere near as useful as things like Femaledwarf.com or other spreadsheets.

Deleted
    nahh i dont think that is and tho no events with stats involved in WoW ofc....

Get 2p T9+2p T10 or go for 4p T10. Offset pieces are bad and should be avoided at all costs if you do not have two tier bonuses. Mirror of Truth, DMC, War Token and Banner are all miles ahead of Mark of Supremacy... Especially when you're using ZERO of the hit, who would have known.

Specifically: T9 Helmet and Legs. T10 Shoulders and Body, Logsplitters as your one offset piece. Lasts until you can get 4p t10 provided you have some sanctified (including Northern Lights, need to sim it to be sure)

Necklace is bad, ToC10 one is better, preferrably 10 ICC if you can but I doubt it. Belt is bad, Frost belt is much better (leather). Just try and get a drop from 10 or 25 IC, they are all suitable upgrades even if they have haste. 25-Fester's is the best.

Can replace weapon from 25 ToC, Twin's Pact or Hellion Glaive are both superior. 25 ICC spears would probably be the most beneficial for you at the moment though.

Hope this helps. Stop being a noob and worrying about gearscore. It means nothing if the gear you use is horribly itemized AKA being 300 over hit cap like a baddie. Don't just blindly take "upgrades" without actually analyzing their benefit and why it's an upgrade. Also, do not undervalue t9 2 set bonus. It's very good for SV.