Poll: Should Shamans Get Permanent Wolves?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually permanent spirit wolves would solve a LOT of our problems. Also DKs show that melee classes can have pets.

they are melee hunters...so no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually permanent spirit wolves would solve a LOT of our problems. Also DKs show that melee classes can have pets.
    Go roll a frost mage. Get glyph for water elem pet. FEEL THE MAGES PAIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Go roll a frost mage. Get glyph for water elem pet. FEEL THE MAGES PAIN
    Frost Mage isn't an Enhancement Shaman. Also Frost Mages have control options that we simply don't have. Permanent Wolves would go a long way in PVE and PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanLicksYourFace View Post

In battlegrounds Shamans are nearly always targeted first...
    I call BS on that. Rogues out of stealth are always prime target due to squish factor, and any premade worth it's salt would go for heals first.

Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    I'm an enhancement shaman and I don't like the concept. I'm not a freaking hunter.
    I agree that if blizzard goes with the "permanent pet" route for one more class, the feature will have officially lost its novelty.

We already have

warlocks,

mages,

hunters,

death knights.

EVERYONE doesn't need a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    according to blizzard we probably shouldnt play enhancement if this recent patch (and past changes in cata) are any indication.

though more on topic it still makes sense to not have all our eggs in one basket so to speak, spirit wolves are simply too powerful, too many tools tied to them and that one CD. this needs changing.
    I agree with you that wolves need changing because the spec is already too reliant on it, but making them permanent wouldn't be a fix at all and only make the spec even more difficult to balance, as I stated before.

We shouldn't expect the game to change to our liking, especially considering most of us are extremely biased toward what we prefer to play anyways. If a class changes to the point where someone no longer likes how it's played they have every reason to complain, but to expect the game to be catered to how they like.

Quote Originally Posted by C Rage View Post
    So, you think that just because an idea is popular makes it good?
    I have to ask.....what makes it a BAD idea? I'm all for waiting to see what the Expac actually gives us in the end, but really what EXACTLY is bad about this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfist View Post
    I have to ask.....what makes it a BAD idea? I'm all for waiting to see what the Expac actually gives us in the end, but really what EXACTLY is bad about this idea?
    As already been said:

It doesn't fix what problems the Shaman does have.

Their utility and their burst damage would have to go down, as well, to make them permanent. Their gameplay would be a DoT that has an actual animation (pets auto attacking, being able to do nothing else).

You become a watered down hunter, for what? For something to stand beside you 100% of the time in Orgrimmar? So you're always "omg so cool" when you show up infront of newbies? It detracts the "feel really awesome" ability that they are now, and it adds nothing to address what's really problematic for the Shaman.

And for the love of the gods, We. Don't. Need. Another. Pet. Class/Spec.

Not Shadow Priests, not Paladins, not Balance Druids, or Warriors, not anything. Period.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfist View Post
    To reiterate further what Kelesti said, and what I said in a previous post. It doesn't fix us. In fact it would make us much more difficult to balance around yet ANOTHER ability that we have. Enh shaman are difficult to balance partially due to the numerous abilities that make up our dps, making one of those more consistent in it's damage doesn't fix the issues with the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    no different then frost mages water elemental no longer having a freeze, its a pve dps increase for them, so they take the glyph.

same could be done for enhancement (not saying i want it or dont want it done, it would just be a possibility)
    actually it´s the complete opposite. frost mages are pvp monsters but pve fail. that´s why blizzard added the perma pet to make them more attractive for raiding. enh is a viable pve spec, but has problems outside of wolves uptime in pvp. removing the utility in favor of more damage is not needed in raids because we already do fine dps (although i admit, it could be better), while, without the whole wolf package in pvp, they´d be useless as permanent pets.

i think the only things that would be sacrificeable would be damage done and losing the aoe taunt.
    for enhance pve, it would probably still be an dps upgrade, since you have them up 100% instead of 25% (you´d have to nerf damage below 25%).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted

balancing

if you got perma wolves, then they would be nerfed, as they're pretty powerful and not balanced around 100% uptime. so you can have imba cooldown, or meh some additional dps. also in warcraft 3 they weren't permenant. wont happen, and shouldnt.

Alright, i read through this thread and have a nice suggestion everyone can live with.

The wolves stay the way they are, but there's a glyph that makes them permanent, but they also have the activation.

While they are on cooldown, they just autoattack for damage similar to magma totem. When you activate them, they grow bigger and brighter (white/gray), and gain the abilities they have now for 45 seconds.

This way everyone gets what he wants.
    A small damage increase while on cd and a nice burst while active.

The wolves can still be killed and will only reappear when you summon them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I do not see why you all hate it so much. I like it.......but then again i play a hunter, demo lock and a unholy dk, And soon a frost mage come cata (I play other classes but I love pets). the glyph would have to make it so you get only one wolf and that it dose lower dmg and has alter abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seriau View Post
    how about this.

Glyph of spectral puppies
    use: After the duration of your feral spirits wear off, they will assume the form of smaller, non-combat spectral puppies until the next use of feral spirit.

Personally, i think that asking to be a pet class, is like asking to have polymorph, or asking to be a totem class. Or for stealth.

You want to be someone you're not. Stop asking for stuff from other classes and if you're going to beg for something, be original.

I'm still all for spectral puppies, though.
    i <3

get a hunter
    get a wolf
    get 2 axes

You happy now?

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

yea i have another cool idea give owlkin permanent treants!! and elemental get permanent lava elemental!! and priest shadowfiend also wil be permanent and ofc rogue and warrior get fancy pets aswell go go go go!
    X_X
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboi97 View Post
    lol players say hon sucks
    hon players say lol sucks
    they are both right
    dota is KING!

I like the spectral puppies... Might just get my gf to play a while longer

Quote Originally Posted by C Rage View Post
    So, you think that just because an idea is popular makes it good? By that sentiment, we should all care more about gear score than being properly geared. But, I digress.

I think you're far too focused on the way things are now. Remember, there is a rather game changing expansion coming up in the next couple months. With it, we are gaining in greatly increased mobility which is our biggest downfall. This along with a general slowing of combat will do wonders for Shaman PvP.

Unless the tuning build screws us over, Shaman will be doing far better. All without messing up one of our most powerful survivability and burst DPS talents. I think I rather sit and wait than mess with a good thing.
    If you want your post to be read please dont start off topic.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    I agree that if blizzard goes with the "permanent pet" route for one more class, the feature will have officially lost its novelty.

We already have

warlocks,

mages,

hunters,

death knights.

EVERYONE doesn't need a pet.
    You're forgetting that Paladins and Priests can also summon a pet

TOO MANY PETS

IMO give us Shockstorm. (Bladestorm lol)
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~