Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why was Resilience a bad thing to add?

I just read some random post about raiding, and among the massive QQ, there was another QQ post, about resilience was something that destroyed PvP.

While I think this is complete nonsence, and that the people who says this, have failed horribely since Vanilla - I would love some of you guys, who think the resilience stat sux, to explain it to me.

But I thought I would make this post, just if I could see any good points (About why creating resilience was a bad thing) - Because the way I see it, the stat just makes it easier to tune raid-instances, because you can make the encounters more "burst" based/, while still making Arenas an "Gladiator" battle, which require you to reset, setup burst, and setup cc chains - (And if you are somehow proper, you can prevent the opposite team getting a kill on you, if you stop the chain, or Kite/LoS) Simply because resilience will make the burst less. (Jk/ who am I kidding WoTK Wizards Yo).
    While Wizard Cleaves, and other dumb teams exist, and are the exact opposite of what I just mentioned - I just had to say hey... What would you think it would be like w/o Resi?

- Obviously I would love if Blizzard made resilience even more needed, and made you need atleast 80-90% pvp gear to compete. (That would require better itemization on Melee neck/rings/back ofcourse, as they already fixed this with PvP haste gear (casters yo)).

This is my reasons why I love resilience, and why I think its needed to balance the game - Because what i remember from Vanilla, was me running around on my Lock (Bear in mind I got rank 10, beign total shit) because my firepower was beyond retard. But I was in pvp/bwl gear, and when I met a hunter in T3, he demolished me with 1600 autoshot (Had aprox 5k hp back then).

So TDLR - If Resilience was a bad thing, please tell me why.

It wasn't. End of story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quehn View Post
    It wasn't. End of story.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Because what i remember from Vanilla, was me running around on my Lock (Bear in mind I got rank 10, beign total shit) because my firepower was beyond retard. But I was in pvp/bwl gear, and when I met a hunter in T3, he demolished me with 1600 autoshot (Had aprox 5k hp back then).
    He had better gear than you, that's how it works.

Deleted
    It wasn't. End of story.
    While I agree with this, I want to know why people think this

Resilience was a good thing, it made it so top tier raiders weren't the only ones who could pvp. Gives people who dislike raiding something to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resilience is awesome, in fact there should be more stats like it, separating PvP and PvE into different groups only making the gear viable for one or the other thing.

Being forced to play PvE when you wanna pvp sucks... Other way around, tho this hasn't bene the case recently

It wasn't. End of story.
    How about u first read his post before jumping on post title ? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    How about u first read his post before jumping on post title ? >.>
    The title is pretty much the same exact thing as the actual post. It's even got the "tldr" version at the bottom.

Resilience was only good season 3 and 4. When it actually made fights decently long, now towards the end of wotlk 1300 resilience gets blown up like 600 ;p

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 01:12 PM ----------

I also wish they didn't remove the dot functionality of resilience when they did raw damage reduction increase. as dots tick too ridiculusly hard even in full wrathful.
    Destruction!

BGs and Arenas should have "auto gearing" Basically, no matter what you are wearing, when you enter a BG or Arena, it is switched for appropriate PvP gear of your level. Then, once maxed level, you can start upgrading these pieces by doing better. When you leave the Arena or BG, you are back in your standard gear until you go back in. They could have two seperate gear tabs, so you could view your pvp equipment. That way, if you raid and raid and raid, then step into Organized PvP, you start at the bottom just like everybody else did.

Keeps the PvE gear out of PvP, and keeps the PvP gear out of PvE(lawl GS). Everybody wins ...

as for world pvp ... you can switch to your PvP set while in the "subzone" of a PvP objective if you want, but once you leave, it is auto switched back ...
    REAL ID was merely a setback!

Deleted
    Season 4 was when resilience started to get out of proportion and healers could take on multiple dps at a time, for an extended period of time too, s2 was arguably the best season for resilience.

Resilience is the best thing to happen to pvp. Right next to Frost Mages.

No seriously lol, I love it, I do wish it was stronger though, cuz someone in full Wrathful can still wreck you insanely fast even with 1200 resil. I wish they would take it a step further and find/make a way to make PVE weapons and trinkets 'obsolete' in BG's and Arena. At least tone them down a lot. It takes mad skillz to step into a BG will Skillmourne and DBW and destroy everything in sight, amirite? Imo they need PVP weapons and trinkets to make more of an impact to the PVP side of the game.

Edit: Spelling. Werds ar hawrd.
    Last edited by rofltroll; 2010-09-09 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am going to take you back to the days when BWL was first released. The difference in dungeon gear and mc gear was not insanely huge. I hadKnight Captain gear as well as a few mc and bwl pieces. I fought numerous people in HWL/full BWL gear and did just fine. As long as I outplayed them, I won. The gear had very little to do with it. During those day skill>gear. That is simply not true today.

Now when AQ and Naxx were out, along with the patches to streamline the talents and everything damage got ridiculous. Even in just full T2 you could 3 shot a lesser geared player, but not near as much as after that.

Res did it's job in taming down some of the pvp issues. My issues however lie deeper than just the introduction of resilience. I feel Blizz screwed up the scaling of damage in the beginning, and then tried to find a solution outside of just nerfing damage. They think that people would be all pissed because they were seeing smaller numbers, so instead they found a way to reduce damage without messing with any of the classes like they should have. So no we have a stat that takes up item budget, when a harder, but better solution would have been to fix the game, and not put a bandaid on it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not that resilience was a bad thing its that its a temporary solution that they tried to make last. 70 avg dps 1k avg health 10k being 10% health a second. 80 avg dps 4k avg health 20k being 20% health per second. With resil you could least 1 second longer at 70 with 10% dmg reduction, the same scale at 80 makes you last a half second longer.

Basically for pvp to be balanced they need health to scale closer to dmg or make resil give a bigger reduction since dmg has gotten so out of hand.

I don't know why they don't like it since I am not much of a PvP player.

But one thing does feel really weird. When I go, with my elemental shaman, into a BG with full ICC 25 HM gear and I come across a player with wrathfull they can just burst me in 3 seconds while I, min-maxed geared for full damage, have problems killing him even when I am standing there spamming on him without anyone interrupting .
    I understand why that is but it still feels weird.

Deleted
    Resi is awesome with my best-for-honor pvp gear I can destroy fury warrior wearing icc25 gear with ease tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    Gillian and it shouldn't be like that. Res needs to be gone. HP needs to be equalized, and damage needs to be toned down. Simple as that. Res is a bandaid for a bullet wound. Hopefully in cata they will get everything squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann View Post
    Gillian and it shouldn't be like that. Res needs to be gone. HP needs to be equalized, and damage needs to be toned down. Simple as that. Res is a bandaid for a bullet wound. Hopefully in cata they will get everything squared away.
    With resil gone, that will just make end-game raiding gear that much more valuable/OP in PVP... an entirely different area of the game. Which will leave players that don't enjoy raiding but do enjoy PVP fucked. Resil is what gives PVP players their edge in PVP, it should stay that way. We don't come into raids in full Relentless/Wrathful expecting to do 10k+ dps, why should PVE geared players come into BG's expecting to survive a shitstorm of damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann View Post
    I am going to take you back to the days when BWL was first released. The difference in dungeon gear and mc gear was not insanely huge. I hadKnight Captain gear as well as a few mc and bwl pieces. I fought numerous people in HWL/full BWL gear and did just fine. As long as I outplayed them, I won. The gear had very little to do with it. During those day skill>gear. That is simply not true today.

Now when AQ and Naxx were out, along with the patches to streamline the talents and everything damage got ridiculous. Even in just full T2 you could 3 shot a lesser geared player, but not near as much as after that.

Res did it's job in taming down some of the pvp issues. My issues however lie deeper than just the introduction of resilience. I feel Blizz screwed up the scaling of damage in the beginning, and then tried to find a solution outside of just nerfing damage. They think that people would be all pissed because they were seeing smaller numbers, so instead they found a way to reduce damage without messing with any of the classes like they should have. So no we have a stat that takes up item budget, when a harder, but better solution would have been to fix the game, and not put a bandaid on it.
    ^This

The thing about the PvP gear now a days i do both raid and pvp for the latter part of the gaming only PvP'ing raiding is now boring as a nickel in my pocket. Anyways i have close to 1100 resi and 26k hp with my enhance shamn. You would think that i lasted longer in that gear but hell noes i take shitloads of dmg. The resilience is so nerfed, and its not even a fun stat, the only thing that makes it fun is that its supposed to make fights based on what abilities you use and when! blam it doenst really you just get burst to hell anyways. I know some classes are better than others etc, but paladins ret ones are raping me out of hand! ^^, thats cool by me but making dmg less would be an awesome start. Thats the thing about PvP these days its so super uber lame. Its all about burst nowadays. Tactics are out of the question.

Atleast thats what i feel, the thing they should do is make dmg count less, its cool to see numbers but 10k hits ... why bother 1k is cool enough, ofc that should scale with hp.