Thread: Warriors and CC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    considering a 8 second "cower in fear" with a 2 minute cooldown as crowd control is just ridiculous.
    considering chains of ice which has no other restriction than the movement speed as crowd control is just ridiculous, too. if at all it's a CC vs melee mobs - but it also "CCs" the deathknight itself, because he cant do anything else than kiting the mob around while the rest of the group is taking care of the rest of whatever they're figthing.
    This really, similar deal for DPS-warriors, the "Use intimidating shout"-routine is almost as silly as the "Offtank a mob or two, the healer won't mind!"-nonsense, Blizzard promised actual CC, not "Derp, we'll make your fear approximately5% less likely to pull adds!"-rubbish, and with both their LFD-system and "Bring the player, not the class"-mantra, we'll be needing it.

Assuming the average WoW-player has the common sense to understand you don't need 3 CC-classes to do heroics is pretty naive, they had huge trouble understanding that in BC, so why would they suddenly see the light in Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Assuming the average WoW-player has the common sense to understand you don't need 3 CC-classes to do heroics is pretty naive, they had huge trouble understanding that in BC, so why would they suddenly see the light in Cataclysm?
    It took so much effort to assert myself as a valid DPS in TBC, it stopped being funny and became brutally annoying. Any time I would look for a heroic I'd get shit for being Arms. The occasional time I would get an invite (while still getting skeptical remarks about me being arms) and top DPS, I'd get astonished remarks and comments along the lines of "Wow, I didn't know Arms could do that!"
    I have a feeling we'll be in the same boat in Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    It took so much effort to assert myself as a valid DPS in TBC, it stopped being funny and became brutally annoying. Any time I would look for a heroic I'd get shit for being Arms. The occasional time I would get an invite (while still getting skeptical remarks about me being arms) and top DPS, I'd get astonished remarks and comments along the lines of "Wow, I didn't know Arms could do that!"
    I have a feeling we'll be in the same boat in Cat.
    No you will use the tool to get a group after 18 minutes. If its the wrong dungeon they will kick the one with the least CC, and thats you. As always someone has to deal with the consequences for someone elses fail.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Mmm, i'm a little worried about my warrior. I consider myself a pretty good player, but it's hard to show that when you can't get into a group. What i'm more worried about is getting a pug with no CC.

I believe intimidating shout is being changed to were it holds a mob in place petrified, as opposed to sending mobs running screaming for the hills aggroing more mobs along the way.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Arms and Fury both got a Fear in Intimidating Shout. That's a CC mechanic.
    Unholy DKs lost chains of Ice? Death Grip too?

So out of the 21 DPS specs, 21 will have some kind of Crowd Control. Maybe not the Polymorph/Sap kind of CC, but still a kind of CC...
    None of those are good. The CC's are mainly focused on healers, and chain of ice isn't gonna work there, and intimidating shout can be pull others when they run around, perhaps be hit by an AoE as well.