10+ Year Old Account

Even more hunterloot?

I have been soaking up all info i can find on cata and regarding hunters especially, obviously the biggest change for the hunter class is the loss of mana as a resource, i have yet to see the question raised on what this will mean for our gear, obviously we wont need int any more so can we assume that hunters will be the only class in game to roll on mail dps gear? Does this mean enh shamans too will have a unique gear type too? I have done some looking into the enh shaman tree for cata too and it looks like a lot of their spell costs sre going to be getting reduced, does this mean they will end up more like a ret and so will be rolling on mail agility gear maybe with a couple of pieces of int gear if needed. Sorry if this has been asked before but i havent seen anything on it, so whats your thoughts will we be the only class with a unique gear type (apart from holy palas ofc) come cata?

If correct this would not give plate dps a good enough reason to roll on our gear either IMO, although hopefully the bonus from using your primary armour type would stop this being too big an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

Good question about enh shaman. I've seen green mail quest items so far that have agi/stam with crit/expertise or haste/expertise as the additional stats, I figured those were for enhancement shaman. But they still have mana so I'm not sure anymore!

From what I can tell that Enh Shammies get a Judgment of Wisdom kind of effect. Like their melee swings have a chance of restoring mana or some do-hickey but I know that we won't have the Mail Phys DPS gear all to ourselves as we will have to share it with Enh Shammies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsereaver
    Barani you are the only Hunter for me. <3

Enhancement Shamans will, based on the gear we've seen so far, not be using any sort of gear with Intellect on it (of course, we don't know what sort of stats there'll be on their Relics or their tier sets).

It was confirmed a while back that they were removing Int from mail gear, and as mentioned above, shamans are being given a mana-return-on-hit talent.

So, outside of expertise gear, you're still stuck with shamans stealing your lootzorz.

I seem to recall about 36 different threads about this when the new stat layouts were first announced.

There will be 2, and only 2, kinds of mail gear in cataclsym:

Mail with agility and stamina (with haste, crit, hit, mastery and expertise as green stats)
    Mail with Intellect, spirit, and stamina (with haste, crit, and mastery as green stats)

Hunters and enhancement Shamen will use the first type (pieces with expertise are obviously meant for the Shamen), and elemental and restoration Shamen will use the second (elemental has a talent that converts spirit to hit).

Super simple, and it means we only share loot with a single spec of a single class. I'd say we're in a pretty good place gear competition wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Super simple, and it means we only share loot with a single spec of a single class. I'd say we're in a pretty good place gear competition wise.
    You mean exactly how it is now?