Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old Races with New Forms

Blizzard has updated Garrosh/Thrall/Malfurion's Forms. They have given Ysera a new "night elven" form. Varian/Jaina have new forms as humans.
    Do we foresee the old races getting a new model in Cataclysm, a Cataclysm patch, or a future expansion?

I'm tired of muffin mit hands on my Orc.

Deleted
    Called "models" and everyone is whining about getting new models.

Yeah i want new models aswell on my gnome, on my dwarf, heck even on my human.

I think it's currently under wraps, but the majority of rumors point toward new models.

this is like 100+ thread on the topic they havent said anything yet ( sorry correct me if im wrong ) so calm down kthxbai
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Not whining. Just asking if we know anything.

tbh, i would rather have badass armor across the board then new models. im not saying i dont want new models, just that you will notice the armor way more often since it covers you. so that to me is a bit more of a priority.

Deleted
    hehe every time some one asks about this i always see the same lil tards saying calm down and stop QQing

i bet there the same little idiots who moan about trade chat spam cause they
    "have to read the text"

Wait until they make an updated model for every race.

They've got male Orcs down, Humans down, male Night Elves down, etc.

So once they get every one, we'll probably see them update them, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

New player models will not be in Cataclysm. Maybe the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    New player models will not be in Cataclysm. Maybe the next expansion.
    Because you work at Blizzard and you can confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunyaa View Post
    Because you work at Blizzard and you can confirm this.
    When they add new models, it will be advertised as a major expansion feature. It's not something they're just going to toss into a patch.

When they add new models, it will be advertised as a major expansion feature. It's not something they're just going to toss into a patch.
    And I shall reiterate, because you work at Blizzard and you can confirm this.

who says they wont stealth it or blizzcon it?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Graphics have improved in every expansion and it's never been advertised as a 'feature'. I don't think you're right about this one.

I don't know where the blue post is, but I seem to remember one saying basically "Yeah, we know, it's something we're working on but wont be ready at Cataclysm launch. Sometime later"

So, who knows, could be in a patch, or maybe later on. Can't say for sure.

As much as I would love it in a patch, it would need to be a MAJOR patch for them to implement it into the game. I agree that it is not just something that you toss into the game. It would make more sense as something for the next expansion so they have plenty of time to work on it.

They wouldn't just be redoing the models, they'd have to check and make sure all the armor pieces scale correctly. I would rather them work on it for a longer time and put it in an expansion than work on it for a short time and put it in a patch. But, it could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunyaa View Post
    And I shall reiterate, because you work at Blizzard and you can confirm this.
    If you know anything at all about marketing, you don't need to work at Blizzard to know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, it's this thread again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Old topic is old.
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

10+ Year Old Account
    Conspiracy theory: Troll bear druid has ear piercing, trolls don't.
    new models incoming. AWWW SHIII
    "When the child of the three realms becomes as light, the ancient power will be released. The earth will tremble. The seas will rise up in answer, and all will be madness. A new day will dawn, bringing with it chaos or peace. Our master is a god of chaos! Pandemonium will aid the old one's release! To this end, we will weaken the barrier between Azeroth and the Elemental Plane. This will allow our great master to reclaim its former elemental servants and send them to rampage throughout our world."

10+ Year Old Account
    secret announcement coming out at Blizzcon 2010! Just a guess.