Page 1 of 3
LastLast

cata dungeons too hard?

hey i was thinking what do you guys think about the cataclysm dungeons so far? too easy too hard or the awesome balance between hard and hard?.

Havent tried them since im not in beta, but from what i've seen the dungeons are much harder than wrath, and that in my opinion is good

They are "Just Right"

Hard enough to require brains, practise and to be entertaining.

But not impossible.

Shame they are likely going to get nerfed to hell when the casuals start thier QQ

Deleted
    Once you have better gear it'll be easier

also, inb4 'beta'

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixphire View Post
    They are "Just Right"

Hard enough to require brains, practise and to be entertaining.

But not impossible.

Shame they are likely going to get nerfed to hell when the casuals start thier QQ
    please be wrong please be wrong please be wrong..
    fuck now i believe it will happen to D:
    Haha, then you got a nice GM. Once had a guildy who's ZG snake "TrouserSnake" was renamed (by the GM) to Bob. Since this was way back in Vanilla, we all laughed at him and his snake that got "Bobbed".

I love the new dungeons. It will kill the casuals... mwuahahaha

well, given that in wrath dungeons were not hard during release, and got super easy and boring at the end of the expansion...Im pretty happy normal dungeons are difficult. When we are at the end of cata in full epics, heroic dungeons will still be a challenge (at least I hope they will be).
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by Irgoodatstuff View Post

also, inb4 'beta'
    yes but as i said im not in the beta so i havent tried but it seem to be much more fun than the dungeons we have in wotlk it seems like its the perfect mix of being pretty hard and doable with a little brain at the same time.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    well, given that in wrath dungeons were not hard during release, and got super easy and boring at the end of the expansion...Im pretty happy normal dungeons are difficult. When we are at the end of cata in full epics, heroic dungeons will still be a challenge (at least I hope they will be).
    so long as the endgame cata gear doesnt reduce every single heroic to a aoe fest im happy

cata dungeons arent too hard...just too many people have been pampered with LOLAOE spam for the last year

Quote Originally Posted by Irgoodatstuff View Post

also, inb4 'beta'
    Someone didn't read the post...

It's too premature to really tell, since damage has not been balanced at all and there's still a lot of class work and glyphs left.

It's very possible that they're going to hurt the game in a knee-jerk reaction to the "WotLK is too easy"-QQ, since people can't understand that blowing up heroics in gear 77 item levels higher than launch endgame gear is to be expected.

If they ultimately tune regular dungeons to be unreasonably hard, they run the serious risk of discouraging new endgame players right off the bat, instead of dungeons serving as a venue for players to gear up and skill up.

They are fine. Can't wait for the heroics and raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noakh View Post
    Someone didn't read the post...
    but you're forgetting the sad truth.... that poster is right. Currently the beta lacks rewards from the highest lvl questing areas and people in the dungeons are undergeared.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    but you're forgetting the sad truth.... that poster is right. Currently the beta lacks rewards from the highest lvl questing areas and people in the dungeons are undergeared.
    That's true; I'm certainly interested to see where it all lands once tuned and released.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacksauce View Post
    I love the new dungeons. It will kill the casuals... mwuahahaha
    It won't. Most people will relish the difficulty. And people who won't will do normals.

You won't be left behind as patches go by like in vanilla/TBC, forcing you to quit. Blizzard will add enough upgrades to keep you going. But the content (even on normal mode) won't be faceroll.

The gear upgrades won't make previous tiers die out like in WotLK, so every raid (and heroics) will be viable for a long, long time, giving people lots of options.

Perfect game design according to me. It took Blizzard only 6 years to master it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    Think about this.
    1- Do you want heroics to be harder than the first raiding tier in Cata? --> No, because heroics are supposed to be there to get you ready for the first raid tier.

2- Do you want to get only very minimal gear upgrades across 3-4 tiers of raiding in Cata? --> No, because getting gear upgrades every tier is one of the major incentives to raid for a good portion of the playerbase (in before "I only raid for fun and don't care about gear, but I rage when someone else wins the drop I wanted")

3- Is it normal for the first raid tier to be challenging once you're geared from the 3rd or 4th raid tier of a given expansion? --> No, the outdated content will always be alot easier than the latest content, and rightly so.

4- If you put 1, 2 and 3 together, there is no way that in endgame epics from the 3rd or 4th raid tier of Cata, heroics will be once again a joke. The thing that will change from WotLK, is that you won't have to grind heroics to get your daily emblems (you will reach the emblem cap by running your raid every week if you're in a good guild, you won't have to run heroics). So you won't be "forced" to run content you outgear by far, and since the average gear of people in the random runs will be alot less, and the general quality of players running them somewhat lower, then they will appear harder.

If we look back at BC, yes the heroics were hard even in good gear, but that was a major design flaw. Why? Heroics are supposed to be a stepping stone for the first raid, but in BC you actually had to raid the first raid tier to be able to complete the tougher heroics.

This said, yes the Cata dungeons will be more difficult then the WotLK ones, but that only means that you will be required to farm lvl 80 regular instances before jumping in heroics, and not jump straight in heroics with quest greens. BUT, there is no way that those heroics will remain a challenge if you run in there with a group of people geared in later rading gear after a few tiers.

Deleted
    This thread makes me sad. Hard 5 mans are the only thing that might bring me back to wow atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maffiappie View Post
    This thread makes me sad. Hard 5 mans are the only thing that might bring me back to wow atm.
    They will be pretty hard, until we reach the second raiding tier or so in Cata. Go ahead and renew your account for a few months and enjoy hard heroics!

I honestly thought at 1st they looked hard but meh if it will stop the 1 button volley for dps im all for it. so many dps run in some instance and only use there AoE abilites. cant do that anymore..ur gonna get kicked for breaking CC and causing a wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    My sarcasm meter just blew up and killed half the town. I hope you're happy now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrosoFrank View Post
    Think about this.
    1- Do you want heroics to be harder than the first raiding tier in Cata? --> No, because heroics are supposed to be there to get you ready for the first raid tier.

2- Do you want to get only very minimal gear upgrades across 3-4 tiers of raiding in Cata? --> No, because getting gear upgrades every tier is one of the major incentives to raid for a good portion of the playerbase (in before "I only raid for fun and don't care about gear, but I rage when someone else wins the drop I wanted")

3- Is it normal for the first raid tier to be challenging once you're geared from the 3rd or 4th raid tier of a given expansion? --> No, the outdated content will always be alot easier than the latest content, and rightly so.

4- If you put 1, 2 and 3 together, there is no way that in endgame epics from the 3rd or 4th raid tier of Cata, heroics will be once again a joke. The thing that will change from WotLK, is that you won't have to grind heroics to get your daily emblems (you will reach the emblem cap by running your raid every week if you're in a good guild, you won't have to run heroics). So you won't be "forced" to run content you outgear by far, and since the average gear of people in the random runs will be alot less, and the general quality of players running them somewhat lower, then they will appear harder.

If we look back at BC, yes the heroics were hard even in good gear, but that was a major design flaw. Why? Heroics are supposed to be a stepping stone for the first raid, but in BC you actually had to raid the first raid tier to be able to complete the tougher heroics.

This said, yes the Cata dungeons will be more difficult then the WotLK ones, but that only means that you will be required to farm lvl 80 regular instances before jumping in heroics, and not jump straight in heroics with quest greens. BUT, there is no way that those heroics will remain a challenge if you run in there with a group of people geared in later rading gear after a few tiers.
    1- Normal dungeons were the stepping stone to raids. Heroics were there for casuals who wanted a challenge, or raiders who were looking for sidegrades/offspec items. So yes, they should be as hard as the first tier raids.

2- Yes, I prefer to run 3-4 different raids rather than the same raid all the time. I had no problem with this during classic and TBC, because it worked perfectly back then. Also, if gear scales less, then the older raids/heroics will still remain a challenge, and thus less boring. (besides attunements, but we're not talking about those here)

3- Why rightly so? Do you enjoy facerolling? Sure, higher tiers should always be harder than lower tiers, but they should never become trivial.

4- Heroics in TBC required a brain even when geared with T5 quality gear. I wouldn't have done those heroics if they had become faceroll, because tanking heroics was a chance to improve some of my skills (mob pickups, AoE tanking, etc).

They should be hard in greens, it means once you start getting the first set of full epic, they woon't be a faceroll.