Thread: Infest?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Infest?

So my 10 man guild has been working on downing LK normal. And I have noticed alot of people are dieing from infest. A lot of the time i have to holy light a ranged to save his ass, but at the cost of one of my tanks getting lower than comfortable. We run Disc priest, Resto Druid, Hpally. for our raid. Is there anything more i can do to help with infest?

Just get your priest to shield everyone and infest is a joke.

Disc priests can prebubble making it a total joke. Resto druids can also take care of it pretty fast with rejuve!

As stated above...
    But what is the disc priest doing if not shielding I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by LinkMonk View Post
    Just get your priest to shield everyone and infest is a joke.
    and rememebr to downrank because at 30% buff normal infest hits really low and doesnt even scratch people

10+ Year Old Account
    so what you both are saying that my resto druid and Disc priest are failing...looks like another 250g in repair bills tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    and rememebr to downrank because at 30% buff normal infest hits really low and doesnt even scratch people
    You dont NEED to downrank. If you're having mana problems than you should, but you really shouldnt have to. I've never had to atleast.

Edit: @ Natrii: As far as I know with resto druids.. all they really use is rejuvination and wildgrowth, both combined can take care of infest. Take a look at their healing tonight, see what they're doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    Good call I forgot about that, and yes if a Rdruid and Disc Priest can't handle infest they're failing.

Does downranking still work? I was under the impression that they killed it by making all ranks of a spell cost the same % of base mana.

Edit: scratch that, just read DK's response and now understand.

Yes.
    Your disc priest is doing it wrong.

Tell him to get a timer on infest, when it has about 10-12 seconds, bubble the raid.
    Infest goes away, rinse and repeat.
    Like DeathKoil said, the druid should be rolling rejuvs anyway, and tell him to spam WG on CD and no one should die to infest, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Noakh View Post
    Does downranking still work? I was under the impression that they killed it by making all ranks of a spell cost the same % of base mana.
    It works for the same mana cost, the shield will just absorb less. I've never had to do this and my manas been fine.

down ranking works its just the sheild costs the same mana for a less powerfull shield thats all, as long as it pops the disc has next to unlimited mana.

the ideal setup if Holy pally and disc so if a drood and disc cant handle infests alone then they are failing since a disc can handle infest easy without any problems whatsoever alone
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    3 healing normal , and still have problems? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Noakh View Post

Edit: scratch that, just read DK's response and now understand.
    They did, but hes refering to the fact that lower rank shields will absorb less, thus having infest break the shield and activate Rapture all at the same time. Due to how rapture works, when ever a shield pops, it puts the "mana back" portion of itself on a small Cooldown. But, if you can pop them all in unison you can get around that.

Hmmm, As a Paladin healer, ive used the same healer setup as you, and once the priest wasn't even Disc, Infest was still never a problem, i would have thought a paladin and druid could cover the overheals if needed, i have never seen anyone die from it. Are you sure youre just not dispelling the Necrotic Plague right? as this does cause significant damage, and often death.

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

A holy Pally has solo healed LK 10, 3 healing it with the best healing setup and still failing? o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked why people were dying to infest and they druid told me he was healing the tank...I keep trying to tell him, that the only time I don't have holy light qued up is when I'm moving for defiles. I think I'm geared enough for the fight http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Natriidin

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Griffgore View Post
    Hmmm, As a Paladin healer, ive used the same healer setup as you, and once the priest wasn't even Disc, Infest was still never a problem, i would have thought a paladin and druid could cover the overheals if needed, i have never seen anyone die from it. Are you sure youre just not dispelling the Necrotic Plague right? as this does cause significant damage, and often death.
    na I got necrotic plague down we only have people, dieing p2 and 3

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pamandra View Post
    They did, but hes refering to the fact that lower rank shields will absorb less, thus having infest break the shield and activate Rapture all at the same time. Due to how rapture works, when ever a shield pops, it puts the "mana back" portion of itself on a small Cooldown. But, if you can pop them all in unison you can get around that.
    I know I'm asking a lot of questions, sorry. What rank should i suggest our disc priest use?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disc priest should be able to handle it alone, a resto druid should be able to handle it alone. You have both and people are still dying, that's not ok. If it's because healers have a hard time knowing who still have infest, have them use "grid" as this can easily show you who is not "cured" yet. On another note, you say that casting a holy light on another target than the tank, risks the tank dying. You should have beacon on the tank at all times. If the problem occours because because you have beacon on 1 tank, and they switch around at soulreaper, then ofc you are excused, but if you have beacon on someone else than a tank, then you are not doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, sorry. What rank should i suggest our disc priest use?
    If your priest is having mana issues get them to use max rank-1, if not max rank is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoff View Post
    I disc priest should be able to handle it alone, a resto druid should be able to handle it alone. You have both and people are still dying, that's not ok. If it's because healers have a hard time knowing who still have infest, have them use "grid" as this can easily show you who is not "cured" yet. On another note, you say that casting a holy light on another target than the tank, risks the tank dying. You should have beacon on the tank at all times. If the problem occours because because you have beacon on 1 tank, and they switch around at soulreaper, then ofc you are excused, but if you have beacon on someone else than a tank, then you are not doing it right
    I focus heal my Warrior mt and keep SS up on him and Beacon the pally OT. My beacon seldom moves off the OT.