Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Art is art, and no matter what anyone says, everyone's art here is worthy, whether it's been done with copics, pens, pencils, paints, or a tablet and stylus.
    Not once did I not say digital art is not "worthy" or anyone's art for that matter. I merely stated my opinion, which was my dislike for digital art in comparison with hand drawn art. There is a major difference between what I said and what you are making out I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Oh, and also for your information some people are extremely allergic to oils and acrylics, that's why they use the digital medium.
    I already know this. I understand people have their reasons, my point was that I dislike digital "art" compared to hand drawn art, which I feel I have made blatantly clear throughout my other posts. I also made clear that I was aware of the time, effort and skill required to create digital art. So I have no reason why you continue to insult me the way you do.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I can't say what I want to without an infraction, so I'll say the PG version: You are a jerk. Contribute something positive or get out. Your attitude is not welcome.
    I do not believe I am a jerk (Of course you and Rachel may disagree!) and your post contradicts itself where I emboldened - especially the word positive. My attitude is fine. My point was that I feel hand drawn art is "prettier" than digital art I do not fully understand how that is not welcome. It is my personal preference.
    Last edited by Jaqera; 2011-04-22 at 11:37 PM.

Dude, drop it. Pics or GTFO. This is an art appreciation thread.

I don't know, I kinda get his point. For a long time I felt jilted by artwork done digitally. Oh they can erase, and they can use layers where as you can't do that with traditional mediums. I felt like it was "cheating". Then I grew up and realized refusing to use all the tools given to you doesn't make your artwork better or special, it just gimps you and takes you longer to get from point A to point B. The only medium that I think anyone could really get a pat on the back for using well today would be oil paints. I feel kinda sad less and less people will get into it as you can achieve an identical look with digital medium, and I imagine people who buy art generally don't care how it gets done as long as it gets done, so going that rout won't get you kudos either. It still bugs me when I see lots of patterns used in various layers to imitate hand drawn details ect, but by golly Painter still takes a crap ton of patience, and there are people who will still hand draw every little detail. I imagine if Rembrandt was alive today he'd be knee thick in the digital field and probably make a larger percentage of his portfolio with it than not. Hell I wouldn't be into art if it wasn't for the digital medium just because I can't afford a steady supply of oil paints and canvas. That's just one huge monetary sink too few of us can really enjoy.

And if it's just pencil on paper...erm, I'm sorry but there is zero difference between the pencil tool with a wacom and a 2B on an A4. Only thing that would make someone able to tell the difference is the physical pencil drawing looks like crap when scanned/photoed. >_>;

I think they're all gnomes :O

Anyone doing any character art for tattoos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Only thing that would make someone able to tell the difference is the physical pencil drawing looks like crap when scanned/photoed. >_>;
    /snif snif holding back the tears. T-T
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kinetik View Post
    Anyone doing any character art for tattoos
    What kind of coin ye got?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Pfft, your work is amazing! Really wish I could draw, I remember when I was a kid I wanted to be an artist. Look how that turned out! :P
    awwww thanks i feel the love in this thread sooo much love. ^^

Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not standing right behind you....dont look....I SAID DON'T LOOK
    Sup yuns, I got moar art.

I drew my main two characters as ponies. (I'm not obsessed. >_> <_<)

So here's my first try at my pally:

After doing that one, I drew my DK, and corrected some of the things I did wrong:

Funny story behind that one (well, two): I did those two pieces, plus two others for my art class. And my art teacher thought my DK was awesome, and she said "It's got a snowflake on it's butt!" I then started to tell her that it's a frost rune, and that the axes on his wrists are actually made of ice (I'm a nerd, I think things though) and she was laughing. Finally, she said how she thought it was awesome how I thought of all this.
    Then I showed them to my Dad and step mom, and she called my DK a she. Well, he is a belf, so there is some room for question there.

Finally: Here's my pally version 2:

And if you look close enough, you can see my awful line work. Tried basing him off one of the minor characters from FiM. While I did a lot better that time around, I still feel like I've got a long way to go to getting drawing ponies down.

I've also thought of drawing the cast of FiM if Wow Tier armor (T10 all around, except for Druid and Priest. I'd use their Tier 5). Hell, I've already got in my head who is getting what class. (God what's wrong with me?) And not only that, but I wanted to put my Pally and DK in T10, and I've already got some ideas on how that will work.
    There is no Logic in WoW, only Blizzlogic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post

And lol, that is so adorable. (Altho slightly creepy!)
    I'd stick with creepy

(drawing these as this goes on) o_O

Omg too cute xD

Is that drool?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Omg too cute xD

Is that drool?
    heck yeah it is. >_>

I'm not a funny person, but the bunnies they be cute!

I think we need more bears

10+ Year Old Account

drew this awhile ago. :x there's a bear in there lol, ill draw a cuter one!

How about Alexstrasza riding a cat with Sylvannas riding a bear chasing behind her?

10+ Year Old Account
    How about Alexstrasza riding a cat with Sylvannas riding a bear chasing behind her?
    i accept your challenge!

drawing animals is hard! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    i accept your challenge!

drawing animals is hard! lol
    Do you already have a tablet? :P

How about Whitemane chasing after a Tauren who stole her hat? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you already have a tablet? :P

How about Whitemane chasing after a Tauren who stole her hat? :O
    my tablet is zee broken. D:

the tauren looks more like a dog ohhhh well added a bunny to make up for that. XD

You're making me want to take shots at this too now. Give me something easy xD

10+ Year Old Account

bunnies bunnies every were! bunnies can be easy.