Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    After more than 30 hours of work, I have finished "The Aspects."
    Just a tiny little thing that's bothering me... the particle (or w/e you may call the nebula-thing) behind Kalec is rather roughly cut off. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nexiev View Post
    Bullshit or no, it is still their copyright policy. I don't like the speed limit but I'm going to follow it anyways because it is the law. Copyrights are there for a reason.
    Their copyright policy is not the same as the one that actually matters and is enforced by law. They can kick around and abuse the people on their site all they want within their rules (so long as they themselves do not violate the law), but outside of their site their rules don't mean jack shit.

Seeing as how Summerdrake didn't modify the image in any way and had no commercial purpose behind posting it (and neither does MMO-Champion), no copyright violations occurred.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Go to Curse.com, then content and then the terms of service...since I can't post the link...

I would post the whole bit but this get's my point across and since MMO belongs to Curse.com, the terms apply. Below is the important part of the terms of service, but please, feel free to read them all....

"You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Curse to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Websites and these Terms of Service; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Websites and these Terms of Service."

Trying to stop this thread are we? Seriously? You should be glad for the attention, nobody is claiming your work or making profit of it. Talk to mods or stfu.

Besides how do we know you are who you claim you are? Trolling?

And Rachel, yeah u are another one of those trying to tell people how to post on forums, don't talk about attitude because you sure don't lack it.

Dammit! I'm just posting nice pics! Sick of this community!
    Last edited by Summerdrake; 2011-09-02 at 07:16 PM.

Okay now quit it. Let's agree to post links to the original beneath all works that are not our own.

Please stop being selfish. Threads have been closed for less. We don't need something this great ruined by some self righteous vendetta. Imo, purge every non-art submission for the last two pages and let's move on.

http://kaylacshoopy.deviantart.com/a...adin-165116083

http://maddallinah272.deviantart.com...make-205749057
    Last edited by Luko; 2011-09-02 at 07:38 PM.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Balls. No, what I just posted was wrong.

But even so, where did the copyright violation occur?

ACTUAL copyright violation. Not DA's hackneyed version.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

*Weary sigh* Okay, maybe I was not clear enough. Please stop this debate before we enter a full-fledged flamewar. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    *Weary sigh* Okay, maybe I was not clear enough. Please stop this debate before we enter a full-fledged flamewar. Thank you.
    might aswell add it to the first page/first post, bcs like few pages later and if a new guy joins in, he won't know about it. (if he isn't on the first page)

or a she

I've been away from this thread for ages so if i post something that has recently been posted, pls say it so i can change it for another.

by:http://todowow.com/media/fan-art/nue...-art-11012010/
    Last edited by Synaia; 2011-09-02 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Balls. No, what I just posted was wrong.

But even so, where did the copyright violation occur?

ACTUAL copyright violation. Not DA's hackneyed version.
    Did you read the terms and services that I posted. Those are Curse's ToS, and it says very, very clearly that when you post the picture you have that persons consent to do so.....which you do not. At the very least, that is a violation of those ToS. And again, for the sake of clairity, those are the ones from Curse.....

Okay, this is the very very very final warning. I've had a crappy day and I'm not really in the mood for padding this out for another hour or so.

So QUIT THE BLOODY BICKERING.

I'm sorry if you've had a crappy day and I promise that I am not trying to pad this out or flame anything. All I am trying to do is show that according to the ToS of Curse that without the permission of the artist, it is essentially art theft. I do thank you for the addition of the website after each picture, but that doesn't change the fact as soon as someone points out the ToS and says that something is in violation of that, they are treated like a pariah or a troll and their posts deleted....

Quote Originally Posted by Nexiev View Post
    I'm sorry if you've had a crappy day and I promise that I am not trying to pad this out or flame anything. All I am trying to do is show that according to the ToS of Curse that without the permission of the artist, it is essentially art theft. I do thank you for the addition of the website after each picture, but that doesn't change the fact as soon as someone points out the ToS and says that something is in violation of that, they are treated like a pariah or a troll and their posts deleted....
    The issue with the post was that it somehow triggered the spam filter, so it did not show for normal users but it did show for mods, and it looked rather annoying seeing the same thing over and over again.

Anyhow, I think all that needed to be said has been said and we can lay the issue to rest now. From now on, any artwork that is not the property of its poster must have a link to the original or acknowledgement of the author, otherwise the post will be infracted.

Just a tiny little thing that's bothering me... the particle (or w/e you may call the nebula-thing) behind Kalec is rather roughly cut off. :/
    I don't see it on my screen. T_T It just could be my how monitor is set up.. *sigh* I stared at that thing for hours and hours.. I can't seem to see jack about it anymore, and quite honestly, I'm tired of looking at it. I'm not happy at all with how it turned out background wise, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to even get an honorable mention. It doesn't matter to me anymore. I don't like the piece anymore...

Anyway, here's what I've been working on. It's just the ink with the background. The characters will be colored soonish. It's a commission for a guildie. Yes, the devilsaur is supposed to look goofy. He was described as a "giant puppy dog." So this is what I came up with:

And since I wasn't happy with the Aspect piece in the end, I pulled a half-assed revision on two of my most worked on pieces:

They're the same character. I call it "At War With Myself." So I ended up submitting both the Aspect and this piece as well.. Who knows, maybe something will get noticed. I don't really care anymore. -_-
    Last edited by Immamoonkin; 2011-09-02 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    I don't see it on my screen. T_T It just could be my how monitor is set up.. *sigh* I stared at that thing for hours and hours.. I can't seem to see jack about it anymore, and quite honestly, I'm tired of looking at it. I'm not happy at all with how it turned out background wise, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to even get an honorable mention. It doesn't matter to me anymore. I don't like the piece anymore...

Anyway, here's what I've been working on. It's just the ink with the background. The characters will be colored soonish. It's a commission for a guildie. Yes, the devilsaur is supposed to look goofy. He was described as a "giant puppy dog." So this is what I came up with:

And since I wasn't happy with the Aspect piece in the end, I pulled a half-assed revision on two of my most worked on pieces:

They're the same character. I call it "At War With Myself." So I ended up submitting both the Aspect and this piece as well.. Who knows, maybe something will get noticed. I don't really care anymore. -_-

Dude you really need to take a break before you burn yourself out from to much art xD

http://www.rainymood.com/

reeelllaaaxxxx

And then draw a picture of Stormwind being destroyed by the Forsaken P: <3

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Dude you really need to take a break before you burn yourself out from to much art xD

http://www.rainymood.com/

reeelllaaaxxxx

*bookmarks*

(Also, I'm willing to draw Forsaken if I'm commissioned for it ((I might even decline the piece depending on what is requested)), but I quite seriously hate the race. I hate what they've done. I hate their queen. When I leveled a goblin, I did the old Southshore quest area, and ended up moving to another zone because the quests made me very sick to my stomach. And before anyone flips out, I don't hate anyone that plays the race, nor do I judge them if they love it. It's just a personal taste of mine. I will never draw a Forsaken as a personal art piece unless it involves any sort of RP or patch in game.)
    Last edited by Immamoonkin; 2011-09-02 at 10:46 PM.

Okay now quit it. Let's agree to post links to the original beneath all works that are not our own.
    Yes quit, that's what I'll do. No more posting here, was fun while it lasted, fun thread to post nice pics, artists got free notice (by anyone who knows how to right-click) we weren't selling or changing pics in any way. Now you are telling me we should in to the whiners that want even MORE attention than the free attention they have already gotten here? Oookay..I see where this forum is heading to..

I posted tons n tons of pics..I thought I did them n the community here a favor, but no...they want MORE n have the NERVE to come here n get all rude n pointing fingers what I should do or not do.. ungrateful..

I quit this thread! Bye!

Last pic, my favorite theme, Troll female <3

(Artist name is written on the pic, even if it wasn't, I wouldn't do what Mod asked me to do)
    Last edited by Summerdrake; 2011-09-03 at 01:27 AM.

Wow, Immamoonkin, that is.. Awesome. Wish I could draw like that. Epic as always, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Yes quit, that's what I'll do. No more posting here, was fun while it lasted, fun thread to post nice pics, artists got free notice (by anyone who knows how to right-click) we weren't selling or changing pics in any way. Now you are telling me we should in to the whiners that want even MORE attention than the free attention they have already gotten here? Oookay..I see where this forum is heading to..

I posted tons n tons of pics..I thought I did them n the community here a favor, but no...they want MORE n have the NERVE to come here n get all rude n pointing fingers what I should do or not do.. ungrateful..

I quit this thread! Bye!

Last pic, my favorite theme, Troll female <3
    *waves bye*

Not sure who did it, found it on wowpedia though

just link the WoWpedia link then, that should be okey.