1. #10721
    Fluffy Kitten Baiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Blighty
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I decided to include both versions I did. I personally like the one without hair. It shows her head shape better.
    One more thing; Please, for the love of all things, don't go posting this around claiming this is my design for the female Pandaren. This is just an experiment for a SUB-RACE, not my concept for the fucking female Pandaren.
    I'm tired of all the "HURPDURP RED PANDAS SHOULD BE
    FEMALE PANDAREN."
    Also, don't baww about her make up. It's just a teensy bit of eye shadow. It ain't gonna kill ya.
    Well, you might not like the idea of red pandas being the female Pandaren, but your sketches are awesomerrific!! =D

  2. #10722
    Grunt Ryumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Magic Coutry
    Posts
    17
    Rachel's pandaren-females concepts looks great.

  3. #10723
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortheka View Post
    Um...I don't see anything bad in your Pandaren ladies. In fact, they're awesome. *Scratches head* Those people are for sure...Well... Anyway, pandaren on the left is quite what I think they should look like. Pandaren on the right is creepy...
    Thanks.

    Well, haters gonna hate, as they say.
    It's because of some people's insecurity and shallowness about appearances. The sad part is that many of the people who are in support of the type of female pandaren I drew are people who bash thin women. They think that saying "fat is great, skinny is gross," is progressive.
    If these "progressive" people found out how I looked, I think their heads would explode. :P

    I wish all the body bashing would stop. :/


    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Well, you might not like the idea of red pandas being the female Pandaren, but your sketches are awesomerrific!! =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryumo View Post
    Rachel's pandaren-females concepts looks great.
    Thanks guys.

  4. #10724
    Pandaren Monk Xiphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,867
    Sketched up a Deathwing and Diablo profile in a bit of free time today.



    Last edited by Xiphan; 2011-11-25 at 09:12 PM.

  5. #10725
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,341


    Rykha Firehand by yours truly.



  6. #10726
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    so awesome! O_O

    @_@

  7. #10727
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Rykha Firehand by yours truly.
    Who is this 'yours truly'? It's a nice picture, so I'd like to inform this 'yours truly' that I'm a fan of it.

    Fan of fan art.. am I the only one that laughed at my own joke?

  8. #10728

    I made this one a while ago. I guess I could do some more work on it, but my HDD crashed where I stored all the phd files. Haven't made anything since then

  9. #10729
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Who is this 'yours truly'?
    Some silly bugger or another, stole his name from a boss in Halls of Stone or something. Sjannerr? Something like that.



  10. #10730
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Fan of fan art.. am I the only one that laughed at my own joke?
    yes *nod*

    but we still like you
    /patpat

    @_@

  11. #10731
    High Overlord Zemiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home, lul :|
    Posts
    154
    Here's something by me:

    http://zemiki.deviantart.com ~
    Last edited by Zemiki; 2011-11-25 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added

  12. #10732
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post




    Just a simple reference piece to add to all the female Worgen and Pandaren stuff. The screenshots are, of course, not mine.
    I threw the Tauren in at the last minute just to give another example.
    Please note: I changed the female's snarl to an anatomically correct one. Blizzard seemed to not have known that a true threat display showcases the FRONT teeth, not the back.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ox-d4fkpei.png
    I agree with the worgen female snarl, however I don't agree with the commentary in the picture.
    And I can say that not all females/males hold true since most of the females I know have long noses and not round eyes as you say. And I can also say it because you say that in general what you say holds true, which to me sounds more like "don't say I'm wrong, because in general I'm right".

    I also fully disagree with the last sentence in the picture, when you draw something you don't have to go with what makes a woman a woman and a man a man in your opinion, as in your, Rachel's opinion but what makes them so in the artist's opinion.

    I'm sorry, I always liked your art, but this commentary just sounds hypocritical to me. The "don't say I'm wrong, for this holds true" is like saying to us we shouldn't even think you're wring because then you'd say we are wrong... which contradicts your sentence. And the other statement , you say you go with characters of different traits, but then say we shouldn't because we have to go by what is generally true (in your mind).

    Overall this is my critique to the picture... well actually it's more to the commentary, as the picture is ok except for the tauren female which looks a bit odd, I'd rather take the WoW model of tauren which are more... with sharp features.

  13. #10733
    Field Marshal Ortheka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bastion of Twilight
    Posts
    78
    Some black dragons for you =)


    An old pic of Atramedes...


    ...and Deathwing, all by me.


    Just random black dragon holding a mad halforcen in his paws. In fact, it is what I thought Wrathion should look like. Well, before anything about him was revealed..
    Last edited by Ortheka; 2011-11-25 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typos...

  14. #10734
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I agree with the worgen female snarl, however I don't agree with the commentary in the picture.
    And I can say that not all females/males hold true since most of the females I know have long noses and not round eyes as you say. And I can also say it because you say that in general what you say holds true, which to me sounds more like "don't say I'm wrong, because in general I'm right".

    I also fully disagree with the last sentence in the picture, when you draw something you don't have to go with what makes a woman a woman and a man a man in your opinion, as in your, Rachel's opinion but what makes them so in the artist's opinion.

    I'm sorry, I always liked your art, but this commentary just sounds hypocritical to me. The "don't say I'm wrong, for this holds true" is like saying to us we shouldn't even think you're wring because then you'd say we are wrong... which contradicts your sentence. And the other statement , you say you go with characters of different traits, but then say we shouldn't because we have to go by what is generally true (in your mind).

    Overall this is my critique to the picture... well actually it's more to the commentary, as the picture is ok except for the tauren female which looks a bit odd, I'd rather take the WoW model of tauren which are more... with sharp features.

    I don't think you understand what I'm talking about in that picture. I'm talking about "BASIC MODELS," like the male Pandaren model we have. And I'm not being hypocritical. In art, especially stylization, women tend to carry certain traits. This image is not talking about individual characters, it's talking about templates.

    So before you go off saying crap about someone, actually read.

  15. #10735
    With my latest titan models finished, I was inspired to make this poster:
    Hope you'll enjoy!

    Creator of WoW-Lore and Fan made- Models & Cinematics
    Subscribe to: My YouTube
    Like: My Facebook
    Watch: My DeviantArt

  16. #10736
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,341


    Yay!
    Last edited by Lokann; 2011-11-27 at 12:38 PM.



  17. #10737
    Bloodsail Admiral Ken_Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge, Hinterlands
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaanel View Post
    With my latest titan models finished, I was inspired to make this poster:
    Hope you'll enjoy!

    http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...tanPoster3.jpg
    This is freaking awesome.


    "With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

  18. #10738
    Mechagnome Immamoonkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    526
    To be honest, I find the "shining example of a night elf druid" to be a bit overboard. The "dine on used pads" is really sickening.

  19. #10739
    Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    To be honest, I find the "shining example of a night elf druid" to be a bit overboard. The "dine on used pads" is really sickening.
    It's only sickening if you're insecure about menstruation , and if you've never owned a cat or dog. I'm so sorry that you can't find the humour in it.


    Anyways...

    A couple more things I've been working on.

    A little 'profile' image of Tully that I've been working on for a couple of weeks off and on.
    I decided to scrap the blue eyes, and made her eyes a pinky violet. I've always felt that making a whole race's eyes the same hue and glowy was a bit of a cop out. Also, if you look close, you can see the edges of her nictitating membranes!

    This is pretty much how she looks during the events of Cataclysm. She's about 15/16 years old, very shy and self-conscious.
    Why such Orcish looking clothes? She ends up living with Shamira (Orc hunter) and Kieran (Sham's kiddo), but I'm still trying to figure out how.
    The tomahawk was a coming of age gift, hence the blue ribbon and goddess figure sculpted into the stone.

    And please don't complain about her weight. She's my character, not yours.
    I've had enough people IRL and on the internet say "but she's a little too fat/skinny, tall/short, her hips are too narrow/wide, etc. "
    It gets annoying when other people are trying to dictate how your characters should look. :/




    Got bored the other day and sketched up some Tauren subspecies for fun.
    Why a bunch of ladies? Our world is very male-centric, to the point where if the sex of an animal is unknown, it's automatically called a male, even though the default is female.
    From left to right:
    Black wildebeest, Bison/Buffalo, Cape Buffalo, Bongo, and average female Tauren.

    I decided to leave their arms out so people would be able to see their body-shape.

  20. #10740
    Field Marshal Ortheka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bastion of Twilight
    Posts
    78
    The bison one should be a female taunka, I think. I also liked the wildebeest one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •