1. #10961
    The last one is awesome !

  2. #10962
    Pandaren Monk Tydrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,943
    In all fairness and in defiance of the groupthink, Watchtel didn't criticise Rachel's ability to draw. He/she just said that the results aren't visually pleasing to him/her, and made it pretty clear that it was only his/her opinion. If it doesn't belong here, I'd expect you'd be all for deleting every post that doesn't contain any critical appraisal, which would mean deleting every post that reads "Oh my gosh I love your art!", etc.

    Personally, I do agree somewhat in that what she draws is unappealing - I'm not a chubby chaser. But it's still well-drawn.

  3. #10963
    The Lightbringer Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    In all fairness and in defiance of the groupthink, Watchtel didn't criticise Rachel's ability to draw. He/she just said that the results aren't visually pleasing to him/her, and made it pretty clear that it was only his/her opinion. If it doesn't belong here, I'd expect you'd be all for deleting every post that doesn't contain any critical appraisal, which would mean deleting every post that reads "Oh my gosh I love your art!", etc.

    Personally, I do agree somewhat in that what she draws is unappealing - I'm not a chubby chaser. But it's still well-drawn.
    It's not the view I have an issue with, it's the way it was worded. Unappealing and "ugly as fk" are two different things, one is generally being honest and the other is far more of an insult.

    I see where you're coming from, I just didn't think it was necessary for it to be posted in the way it was.

    Now - Back to posting art We've derailed this enough

  4. #10964
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    It's not the view I have an issue with, it's the way it was worded. Unappealing and "ugly as fk" are two different things, one is generally being honest and the other is far more of an insult.

    I see where you're coming from, I just didn't think it was necessary for it to be posted in the way it was.

    Now - Back to posting art We've derailed this enough
    Good idea. Not exactly posting art but I want to mention two of my favourite WoW related artists on dA. Both of them are pretty good in what they're doing, IMO

    avannteth.deviantart.com/
    fixan93.deviantart.com/

  5. #10965
    Some more machinima experimentation that I recently finished. Asinine visual humour and senseless violence, do not watch if you love your Blood Elf. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goqFm-PHnK0

  6. #10966

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfatron View Post
    Some more machinima experimentation that I recently finished. Asinine visual humour and senseless violence, do not watch if you love your Blood Elf. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goqFm-PHnK0
    This is not a fan art. It‘s just some really amateur animation of violence. You should consider reading the topic name before you post, and think about that maybe not everyone finds this as much incredibly funny as you do.

    But your drainei woman made me remember to this pic:

    http://fixan93.deviantart.com/art/Ssh-168229212
    Last edited by James618; 2012-06-14 at 10:30 AM.

  7. #10967
    Quote Originally Posted by James618 View Post
    This is not a fan art. It‘s just some really amateur animation of violence. You should consider reading the topic name before you post, and think about that maybe not everyone finds this as much incredibly funny as you do.
    Art has no limits, and I find it funny.

    Why are you mad?

  8. #10968
    This isnt arty animation

    But it is very funny DDDD

    And this one is even more funny xD you like it dont you?

    art-of-fantasy.org/pics/details/676.html
    Last edited by James618; 2012-06-14 at 10:41 AM.

  9. #10969
    Yo, da trollz are much better mon

    (thou some of the cutest WoW player and artist girls have drainei rolls)
    Last edited by James618; 2012-06-14 at 10:51 AM.

  10. #10970
    Titan Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    12,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfatron View Post
    Some more machinima experimentation that I recently finished. Asinine visual humour and senseless violence, do not watch if you love your Blood Elf. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goqFm-PHnK0
    Even if I don't dislike blood elves, I still find that kind of cool. It's nice, reminds me of that movie on youtube, living amongst blood elves or something similar

  11. #10971
    If we're talking about WoW movies, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNP9YaHTH3Y is probably one of the greatest I've seen. Quite as good as some of Blizzard's, better even.

  12. #10972
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    If we're talking about WoW movies, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNP9YaHTH3Y is probably one of the greatest I've seen. Quite as good as some of Blizzard's, better even.
    That's some excellent animation and exactly the reason I decided to give it a go myself. It's quite visible though that the animator had limited time though, animation doesn't have a lot of breakowns.

  13. #10973
    This is a long shot.. but I figured someone in here might know.

    I'm looking for a piece of art depicting some sort of bright skinned female elf. It's a fairly dark indoors setting, and I think she was standing by a grand piano. There was no one else in the picture, and she was just standing there, in some casual pose. I also think she was wearing a black dress. It's been years since I saw it, but I think these details are correct. I believe it might be the work of Keora. The style of this picture is very similar as far as I remember, but I couldn't find it in her gallery. I first saw it on the WoW Model Viewer forums, but that's been wiped since, and I've looked through galleries of several WoW artists on DeviantArt. Any help appreciated!

    Edit: Don't know all the artistic terms, but I also believe it was a rendered artwork, rather than painted or drawn.
    Last edited by Lombra; 2012-06-19 at 03:28 PM.
    You must come with me, young ones, for I am the grim reaper.

    Defias Brotherhood-EU

  14. #10974
    this thread makes me wish i had any artistic ability at all

  15. #10975
    Old God Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    10,507
    Warlock:


  16. #10976
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,885
    Oh shit, a freaking fan art, and in this thread no less! Seems like forever....

    /endsarcasm

    Really though, this is good. Love the colors and shader tones. Well done.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

  17. #10977
    Warlocks are awesome. FACT !











    "War. It is the lifeblood of this world.''

  18. #10978
    Yeah. Warlock is a class which is even more OP than my pally :3

  19. #10979
    Love those warlock pics there awesome

  20. #10980
    Keyboard Turner Atsrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Magical Fairy Land
    Posts
    5
    Just joined a couple of days ago and really wanna post my art as soon as i get enough posts to ill be sure to get to it but amazing art sofar!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •