1. #11241
    Dreadlord Arcane-Villain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ruins of Lore
    Posts
    836
    Awesome, Lilena! Your artworks have beautiful lines and nice vivid colours.
    "I have witnessed the rise and fall of empires... the birth and extinction of entire species... Over countless millennia the foolishness of mortals has remained the only constant. Your presence here confirms this."
    Loken

    ABSOLUTELY INHUMAN.

  2. #11242
    I cant draw for anything, but this fan art on the wow site stuck with me, prob because I have a priest and really really want a mog outfit like that!


  3. #11243
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    I cant draw for anything, but this fan art on the wow site stuck with me, prob because I have a priest and really really want a mog outfit like that!
    It looks really beautiful, especially the little details. For me, it is a bit too impractical for the high chance of wardrobe malfunction

  4. #11244
    Immortal Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kharanos, Dun Morogh
    Posts
    7,177
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    I cant draw for anything, but this fan art on the wow site stuck with me, prob because I have a priest and really really want a mog outfit like that!
    The only thing I can't get over is the halo. From that angle, I see a dagger with a short handle floating over her head.

    That does look really awesome, and I'd love to see a set of gear like it in WoW. Especially the staff and offhand. And yeah, the "armor" is probably a bit impractical, but that doesn't bother me in fantasy settings.

    I also can't draw for shit. I don't have a steady enough hand (you'd be having a very bad time if I ever performed surgery on you), and drawing is one talent I never picked up anyway.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-24 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    "there are people with dildo's older than you, your opinions do not matter."

  5. #11245

  6. #11246

  7. #11247
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    169
    I was looking for a new hobby and I wanted something slightly relaxing, since I kinda lack those kind of hobbies. I thought I might as well check out this thread to get some inspiration. Well I think I just realized I will probably never be able to create such beautiful artwork, maybe I should just look for something else haha.

    PS
    Some of the artwork looks to be made on a computer, or at least the coloring of the images. What kind of program would one use for that?

  8. #11248
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I was looking for a new hobby and I wanted something slightly relaxing, since I kinda lack those kind of hobbies. I thought I might as well check out this thread to get some inspiration. Well I think I just realized I will probably never be able to create such beautiful artwork, maybe I should just look for something else haha.
    Comparison is the thief of joy.

    If you want to do it, go for it. Everyone starts somewhere and at first everyones a noob. You practice, you get better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    PS
    Some of the artwork looks to be made on a computer, or at least the coloring of the images. What kind of program would one use for that?
    Likely Photoshop.

  9. #11249
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Comparison is the thief of joy.

    If you want to do it, go for it. Everyone starts somewhere and at first everyones a noob. You practice, you get better.



    Likely Photoshop.
    Yeah this is kind of my problem, I haven't really done much where I did not have some sort of talent for.

    I guess photoshop is pretty versatile, should probably get that program installed on my pc someday.

  10. #11250

  11. #11251
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I was looking for a new hobby and I wanted something slightly relaxing, since I kinda lack those kind of hobbies. I thought I might as well check out this thread to get some inspiration. Well I think I just realized I will probably never be able to create such beautiful artwork, maybe I should just look for something else haha.

    PS
    Some of the artwork looks to be made on a computer, or at least the coloring of the images. What kind of program would one use for that?
    The number one thing that you have to realize before you take the plunge into art is that the magnificent pieces that you admire are not singular moments in time from virtuoso actors. They are not flukes that were produced by virtue of angels and inspiration. They are fruits of a long journey that many times started in the early teens and have continued ever since. They are the showpieces polished and neatly displayed rather than the hundreds and thousands of practice scrabble-scratch that came before it.

    I'm not saying this to make you feel overwhelmed or daunted by the journey ahead of you, if you decide to delve into it, but to remind you that it is perfectly okay to suck at first. Everyone sucks hard as they learn, as they break their personal barriers, as they get better.

    I've personally drawn 500 pages of content the last two years (none of it is WoW related so I'll spare y'all linking it), and I'm still learning things by the bucketload.

    Don't be afraid, don't judge yourself too hard. Find some time each day for you to just draw whatever you want, copy real life or fan-art you admire for practice.

    Settle yourself in for a wonderful journey.

  12. #11252
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    The number one thing that you have to realize before you take the plunge into art is that the magnificent pieces that you admire are not singular moments in time from virtuoso actors. They are not flukes that were produced by virtue of angels and inspiration. They are fruits of a long journey that many times started in the early teens and have continued ever since. They are the showpieces polished and neatly displayed rather than the hundreds and thousands of practice scrabble-scratch that came before it.

    I'm not saying this to make you feel overwhelmed or daunted by the journey ahead of you, if you decide to delve into it, but to remind you that it is perfectly okay to suck at first. Everyone sucks hard as they learn, as they break their personal barriers, as they get better.
    All of this^

    There's that study that was popularized recently showing that it takes about 10,000 hours to 'master' a skill. That's what you're seeing. I'm 29 and been working at it since about 6 (lol damn you Lion King). It's just lots and lots and lots of practice.

    It's very hard not to compare myself to the people around me and see flaws in what I do - I recommend stepping back, taking a deep breath, and looking at the work academically - what do you like about it? Can you take the pieces you think are best and learn to do them? Because I promise you are capable, it's just a matter of learning and having fun while doing it

    (oh, and since it was asked, yes, it's Photoschop CS6 for the arrakoa - if PS is out of your price range consider Painter or SAI or Manga Studio - these are all still great to use and many professionals do)

    It's also worth noting that while art is a very competitive field, it's a very friendly one! There are millions of good tutorials online, and a lot of people are willing to take the time to answer your questions about technique if you ask nice
    Last edited by emilylorange; Yesterday at 10:34 PM.

  13. #11253
    Oh and one more thing to add in the vein of resources to find online for help: Sycra 's Youtube channel is pretty much the perfect place to go for help/academically structured tutorials.

    He's a 'analytical' artist, which makes his method very in-depth and explainable. His channel is essentially the one thing I'll always point budding artists towards, extremely useful stuff.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •