View Poll Results: How much of MOP did you keep your account active

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • My account predates MOP, and I was subscribed to MOP the entire expansion

    200 54.64%
  • My account predates MOP, and I was subscribed about 75% of the expansion.

    66 18.03%
  • My account predates MOP, and I was subscribed about 50% of the expansion.

    35 9.56%
  • My account predates MOP, and I was subscribed about 25% of the expansion.

    36 9.84%
  • My account predates MOP, and I did not subscribe during MOP.

    23 6.28%
  • I started WOW during MOP, and my account stayed active throughout MOP

    4 1.09%
  • I started WOW during MOP, and stayed subscribed 75% of the time till the expansion's end.

    0 0%
  • I started WOW during MOP, and stayed subscribed 50% of the time till the expansion's end.

    1 0.27%
  • I started WOW during MOP, and stayed subscribed 25% of the time till the expansion's end.

    1 0.27%
  • I did not start wow during or before MOP.

    0 0%
Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Scarab Lord Deficineiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Forum Logic
    Posts
    4,790

    How long was your account active during MOP?

    Mist of Panderia lasted for just under 26 months. This poll is part of an attempt to determine how long members of this forum tend to stay subscribed. this includes people using game cards and tokens to pay their sub. Ok, no tokens in MOP i guess...

    First answers are for people who first subscribed to wow before MOP release. I assume this will be the vast majority of respondents. from there I provide various percentage breakpoints - active entire time, 75, 50, 25%, was never active. 75*-50-25 are approximations.

    the next set of possible responses is for people that FIRST SUBSCRIBED TO WOW during MOP. MOP ended mid-november 2014, thus the questions as what % of the time between starting to play wow and end-mop your account stayed active. -

    this poll will thus off 2 data points - what % of respondents first played wow before mop, and what % of the the they stayed subscribed during the expansion.

    Also, 'my account' is a general reference, some people had accounts earlier that they no longer have. Please just assume it is any and all wow accounts you have had, in aggregate.

    The major weakness of this poll is it will not capture mmo-c members who have both left wow and left the forum. I don't know a good way to analyze how this subset might have responded. Another recent poll made clear nearly everyone active in this subforum is still recently active in the game, but there certainly were sub losses from early MOP to this year overall so I assume there are forum member losses too.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-12-06 at 03:51 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome imunreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    512
    never had my sub cancelled during MoP. I thought the lore and artwork were shit but loved the PvE gameplay.


    EDIT: I don't see a poll?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    never had my sub cancelled during MoP. I thought the lore and artwork were shit but loved the PvE gameplay.
    Pretty much on the same boat, except for me it was a little bit less PvE (Retribution, didn't enjoy Inquisition nor only able to do damage during cooldowns) and more for the sake of RP (But far away from that place).

  4. #4
    2 months max, leveling i don't know how long i took and pvp which gave me the creeps they had to make changes on stuf again like always.
    the changes (ripping retri, and giving speedskill to holy to take it away again so fast hehe amateurism) pretty fast after lich king made me quit also till cata, same thing for cata and for draenor.
    I wonder how long it's gonna last before it gets weird again. well it's already weird.<- mage.
    Last edited by johndo; 2016-12-06 at 03:46 PM.

  5. #5
    Most of the expansion. I cant remember if game time ran out or not.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Deficineiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Forum Logic
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    never had my sub cancelled during MoP. I thought the lore and artwork were shit but loved the PvE gameplay.


    EDIT: I don't see a poll?
    apparently it posts my thread without the poll while I am filling in the answers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    Most of the expansion. I cant remember if game time ran out or not. Now WOD was active for a month at the start and a month at the end.
    WOD poll in the not-too-distant future.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nostalrius
    Posts
    3,987
    MoP was the first expansion since TBC where my sub was active throughout the entire expansion. I took breaks during WLK, I took breaks during Cata, I said fuck WoD pretty early on, and I'm taking my first break in Legion until 7.2

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Deficineiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Forum Logic
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    Most of the expansion. I cant remember if game time ran out or not.
    right, the answers are approximations. if you might have lapsed a month or two out of 26 total, I would just answer 100%.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

  9. #9
    Haven't broken my sub since I started back in early TBC
    "He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."
    - Lt. James Gordon

  10. #10
    Merely a Setback det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    25,833
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    never had my sub cancelled during MoP. I thought the lore and artwork were shit but loved the PvE gameplay.


    EDIT: I don't see a poll?
    You need to post the topic first, then you can add the poll. You replied within 2 mins...that's why.
    "It’s not the job of the artist to give the audience what the audience wants. If the audience knew what they needed, then they wouldn’t be the audience. They would be the artists. It is the job of artists to give the audience what they need."

    — Alan Moore

  11. #11
    was subbed through the entire expansion..
    loved it...
    one of my favorite expansions to date

  12. #12
    BC and 75%. Which was more than WoD and a lot more than Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Deficineiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Forum Logic
    Posts
    4,790
    early responses suggest 75% of answers will be 75-100% of time subscribed. I wonder how much of that group's non-subscribed time was during 1-year last tier.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

  14. #14
    Pit Lord goblingirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Emerald Dream
    Posts
    2,345
    Hm. Iirc I left the account active, but I took an 8 month break after the golden lotus burnout debacle.

    I played every day the first few months, exalted the reps (that golden lotus grind still makes me angry), and then was so burnt out. I quit playing right before 7.1 and then also was gone during all the isle-building parts of 7.2 (though I did go back and finish both sets of content, including exalting the reps, when I returned). I came back after an 8 month break, and after that I stayed for the rest of the expansion.

  15. #15
    I cancelled near the beginning of MoP since rogues were absolute trash. Re-subbed around the timeless isle patch (5.4 I think) and enjoyed the expansion from that point on.

    The only expansions I quit for periods were cataclysm and MoP, probably because I was still highly interested in pvp and it had declined so severely from TBC and WotLK. After MoP I gave up taking the game seriously at all and it became more fun.

  16. #16
    Legendary! Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Posts
    6,937
    I wish that I got to play more of MoP. I stopped playing just before it launched and started back up when SoO was fresh. I was very disheartened over the awesome content that missed being current. >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,861
    From my new start in WoW around 5.2 (or 5.1 was it?) until the very end. Never ran out of stuff to do, perhaps thanks to a half-year break in raiding.
    #ShitlordsOfBorenorUnsubClub
    GW2, SWTOR, Cabal 2; there's always a choice.

  18. #18
    Running a subscription since day 1 (unsure if thats something to be proud about )

    It did got me the 10y anniversary statue
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    A Dark and Dreary place
    Posts
    5,321
    Starting playing in Vanilla, started taking the games seriously in Wrath. Was subbed the entirety of MoP (Perhaps with the exception of a few hours)

  20. #20
    I started MoP at launch with friends and enjoyed it for a bit. But once i got my lock HC dungeon ready, i kinda lost interest, cos i simply could not be arsed farming all the reputations.

    Unsubbed for about 6-8 months, came back to play with friends again, had a good time, even managed to get gold in the all the challenge modes.

    I can basically play through any garbage expansion (cough cough cata cough) as long as i have a good group of folk to play with

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •