Up in the clouds, not planning on coming down...
    First time posting here so be gentle This is what I started last night while on Standby for the guild raid, some of my line work is still showing and not quite sure on the hair atm but pretty pleased with it so far.

My Work: Here

Smile

Will post page 15 when it comes up!

Quote Originally Posted by gidget View Post
    First time posting here so be gentle This is what I started last night while on Standby for the guild raid, some of my line work is still showing and not quite sure on the hair atm but pretty pleased with it so far.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/158...photoframe.jpg
    Very nice, but I would have added a lighter background, that's just a suggestion, I'm no expert.
    Last edited by Summerdrake; 2011-03-03 at 01:49 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaebrael View Post
    Humans are built on sex as are all living things. It's how we survive as a species. We need sex in our lives and that's why we have Rule #34. Regardless of what it is, someone is going to sexualize something...like Furniture.

EDIT:
    TL : DR - Accept that there's gonna be scantly drawn wymmins
    I don't believe people complaining about scantily clad women are in denial of the fact that *people* like to look at nice things. However, its appears that often in fantasy art or game design, in that sentence *people* gets substituted for *men* and that is what is easy to take offense to. Defining this approach to designing female characters and clothing as what is normal and human nature just alienates all those who don't share the taste of the designer and while I am perfectly happy going with "different strokes for different folks" as a general rule and can appreciate somebody's art even if I don't personally share their idea of beauty, I find it frustrating when people try to form a general consensus on what is attractive for *everybody*, especially when I get the impression that I don't really figure into their definition of "everybody".

Add to that numerous occasions where the design goes beyond attractiveness and becomes sexualised and you'll quickly find that the woman as eye-candy image gives off the idea that that is all women are there for. Its rather infrequent that you see overly sexualised depictions of male characters (compared to female characters), rarer even that you'll find male characters missing bits of armour to cleverly show off skin (or perhaps show their enemies where to point their swords/arrows/magic missiles for maximum effect). I will concede that there are a number of bare chested images of male characters, although I'm not certain if they have the same intention as bikini-clad female characters: it seems rather that women are drawn sexy to appeal to (certain) men, men are depicted as strong - which also appeals to (those) men. While its a bonus if these things also appeal to women, it doesn't appear to be their primary goal.

Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with this style as personal taste. I myself sometimes like to look at pretty women (or men!) in nice outfits or even appreciate the humour in having a tiny little blood elf in a plate bikini beat up a dragon the size of the Eiffel Tower, but the sheer amount of scantily clad, drop-dead gorgeous female characters can get rather wearing and I'd appreciate more diversity. I believe that its also important to look beyond personal taste into what ideas such imagery can evoke and whether or not there is a cultural effect (rather than the biological one you surmise) that leads to (and is in turn reflected by) sexualised depictions of female characters. To put it bluntly: what message does it convey about our attitude towards women if we insist on designing female characters to be predominantly sexy? I'm not sure I can comfortably accept such a concept in a world where real women suffer from similar and/or far worse attitudes towards them and their status as human beings throughout the world.

nice post Sionae, interesting thoughts and i agree with pretty much everything you just said

although i'd just like to add, regarding your question in the end, said design - or liking it - does not actually mean seeing women as lesser, sexual objectified beeings.

i know (well, i guess, at least) you didn't mean to say it does, but many people who are offended by that design (and often for good reason, originally) seem to equal "i enjoy looking at sexy females in general" with "i think of females in general as sexual objects" or "i think of females who aren't 'sexy' as lesser human beeings in general". and this attitude is not only based on an insulting generalization itself, but also sometimes hindering an objective, mature discussion about the issue.

for me personally, it doesn't really matter that much. i've thought and talked quite a lot about it, but in the end it comes down to this:
    i never have nor will (intentionally) treat or think of any human beeing better or worse based on looks.
    i despise people who do treat others based solely on looks or even think that "sexyness" is the only thing a person or gender is good for.
    i simply enjoy looking at sexy female bodies, fictional or real, and i don't see why that should be bad in any way in itself

and since this is an art thread..^^

draymores...

don't judge me! :x
    Last edited by Sy; 2011-03-03 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    draymores...

http://i.imgur.com/vPpvH.jpg

don't judge me! :x
    should have known you were gonna post a dreanei

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    should have known you were gonna post a dreanei
    yeah, just had to down- and reupload it :/

big version here.

no draymores ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    no draymores ^^
    oh, sorry^^ there you go!

(mod approved)

oh, sorry^^ there you go!

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs32/f/20...y_Jigokuko.jpg
    (mod approved)
    YaY

Mmmmm Draymores :O Keep em coming!

just classic claymores, but pretty nonetheless

big version here.

just classic claymores, but pretty nonetheless

http://i.imgur.com/4CYUU.jpg
    big version here.
    I like her bang. (Yes, that´s what I´m looking at!)
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2011-03-05 at 11:29 AM.

So I've been drawing a lot of non-wow fantasy stuff lately, and I was wondering if it would be in bad taste to post it here? Mainly FF, Rift, and DnD stuff, but its wowish...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    So I've been drawing a lot of non-wow fantasy stuff lately, and I was wondering if it would be in bad taste to post it here? Mainly FF, Rift, and DnD stuff, but its wowish...
    The thread is starting to die so I don´t see why not.

You probably shouldn´t listen to me tho, I´m usually not right.

This thread is hardly dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    The thread is starting to die so I don´t see why not.

You probably shouldn´t listen to me tho, I´m usually not right.
    Since it's art related, I just want to say,
    I absolutely love your signature. I don't know what it is, but something appeals to me very strongly about it. If you know who made it and have a link to some more of their work, I'd love to see it.

Since it's art related, I just want to say,
    I absolutely love your signature. I don't know what it is, but something appeals to me very strongly about it. If you know who made it and have a link to some more of their work, I'd love to see it.
    I know, it´s absolutely stunning!

I actually found the image here but I´m quite sure that it´s from the Chinese blog. (Amazing pieces of art)
    Last edited by Migari; 2011-03-04 at 05:16 AM.

I like her bang. (Yes, that´s what I´m looking at!)
    i like her horns, tail and hooves! *cough*

nah, actually that's one of the few succubus pictures where i can honestly say that the face attracts me more than the rest
    although i like the rest too :x

yay, rift stuff^^
    i'd say, if it's fantasy, post it.
    shouldn't be a problem as long as the main focus stays on wow/blizzard.

I actually found the image here but I´m quite sure that it´s from the Chinese blog. (Amazing pieces of art)
    it's from yaorenwo, probably the greatest wow fan artist ever!
    it's one of my all time favorite wow artworks! =)

big version here.

her face is simply stunning...