10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the warlock is the one on the left. I want to transmog her in some white robes set. I think they'll look nice with her skin and hair. Or I'm going to get her Naxxramas warlock tier and impersonate Faerlina, 'cause my lock has the same face as her.

Some Twilight's Hammer stuff for you.

This was born in a conversation with my friend, so the credit for the idea goes to her =) I'm just keeping up with my Ascendant stuff =)
    And again - the link to my DA is in my sig.

1st: Happy Holidays to everyone :-)

2nd: Sheesh, Rachel: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ox-d4hscdp.png

Please message me on DA and "learn me" to paint with colors like that! So beautiful, I just love it.

3rd: I "finished" the sketch of Sindragosa I had started and I think shared with you all a while back:

She began her life as an 11" x 14" traditional sketch and then was completed in CS5 on my new Cintiq 24HD!!!!!! I was a VERY good girl this year ;-)

Will be inking and coloring soonish, however if you are a colorist and want to have a go at it let me know and I can send you a .psd file to work with.

Cheers all!

Gamer Girl since Vanilla- Pet and Mount Collector!!!
    Armory
    DeviantART

Deleted
    Gosh, it's been quite a few months since I last really graced a good visit here. There's been so much good art here it's ridiculous, and there's no way I could comment for all of them (wondering about taking a re-read of the whole thing some time soon, as I find myself with increasingly more free time in the future). Roughly a month ago I felt a surge of inspiration again, however, and started to draw with my tablet again. I'm still not very good at it, and I certainly still have a lot to learn, but I feel that I already have progressed if only a little bit.

The result of some reading and practice are these two, which I am unable to link at my current post numbers if I recall correctly. They are what I made to be a present for certain important friend of mine .

http: //i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/Saberion/ShaydaBlackandWhite.jpg

http: //i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/Saberion/Shaydaincolor.jpg

While I'm not that fond of how the colored version ended up looking, it does hold the credit that it was my first attempt at coloring something like that on GIMP. And making these already taught me a few things to keep in mind for future attempts. First, prepare a bigger image and space for more detail to fit in accurately, second, make sure the reference material is high quality, so you don't end up "reproducing" from "low quality" source... *cough*, and Thirdly, I need to discover a better coloring method with a tablet, or learn to draw cleaner pictures so fill in tool will work better. Regardless, there are never too many tauren ladies there, are there?

That aside, I do feel like they are an upgrade to some of my past works . I was influenced a lot by certain skilled tauren artists in the webs, particularly used Shalinka's Female Tauren tutorial to get the hoofs and legs really working again! (I still need work with it, and to add a bit of my own flair to things, once I learn how the bodyshapes work, maybe read up a few anatomy books with the inevitable time taken recovering.)

I thought about what you guys had said for the piece Tony would color, and honestly.. I haven't done anything for myself in a long time. All the inks I had were commissions, and I just didn't have anything that I could say was for me..

So I did this:

http://MagicalMelonBall.deviantart.c...-Ink-276541707

Trying my hand at one of my favorite styles: Art Nouveau.. Well, more specifically -- Alphonse Mucha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiera View Post
    3rd: I "finished" the sketch of Sindragosa I had started and I think shared with you all a while back:
    I don't want to be "that guy" but her left horn (viewer right) looks very strange. With her closest horn going behind her ear, it looks like that one should follow the same angle. Right now, it looks like it's perpendicular to her other large horn.

Other than that it looks very nice. Wish I could draw hair half so well.

Nah, you're fine!

I have seen a lot of artists do something similar with horns on models, and I liked the way it looked rather than keeping the same angle of the closest horn.

If you load the Blizz dragon models into WMV, many of them have a similar thing going on with their horns when viewed from the side. . . something with the curve of the horns I guess.

Thanks for the comment, though. . . critique is always welcomed :-)

Armory
    DeviantART

Nah, you're fine!

I have seen a lot of artists do something similar with horns on models, and I liked the way it looked rather than keeping the same angle of the closest horn.

If you load the Blizz dragon models into WMV, many of them have a similar thing going on with their horns when viewed from the side. . . something with the curve of the horns I guess.

Thanks for the comment, though. . . critique is always welcomed :-)
    Heh, just wanted to give you a heads-up in case you're anything like me, and stop seeing potential mistakes after staring at the same thing for hours.

Alex has similar horns to what you're going for. I can see what you're trying to do with the way her further horn looks like it comes out the top of her head, it just feels like you could tweak your version a bit.

1st: Happy Holidays to everyone :-)

2nd: Sheesh, Rachel: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ox-d4hscdp.png

Please message me on DA and "learn me" to paint with colors like that! So beautiful, I just love it.
    Thanks.
    I can't necessarily teach you, but I can put up a process image with explanations. No one can actually teach another how to do art. You can go through anatomy books and study how professionals paint, but you have to teach yourself. Practice, practice and practice some more. Don't worry about style, it'll develop as you learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberion View Post
    Thirdly, I need to discover a better coloring method with a tablet, or learn to draw cleaner pictures so fill in tool will work better. Regardless, there are never too many tauren ladies there, are there?

That aside, I do feel like they are an upgrade to some of my past works . I was influenced a lot by certain skilled tauren artists in the webs, particularly used Shalinka's Female Tauren tutorial to get the hoofs and legs really working again! (I still need work with it, and to add a bit of my own flair to things, once I learn how the bodyshapes work, maybe read up a few anatomy books with the inevitable time taken recovering.)
    Try not to use the fill tool. Instead use a big brush for big spaces and a small brush for detailing; general to specific.

I hate saying this, but when trying to figure out the anatomy of something, always consult anatomy books and photo references first, then look at how other artists stylize. Never reference an artist for anatomy unless you already know what your doing and you're just looking for stylization techniques.
    I've actually had to tell a few people in the past not to use my stuff as reference since I make mistakes. I do have a draenei leg tutorial thingy, but that was just to point out the comparative anatomy between human and unguligrade limbs. I still encourage people to look at photos and anatomy books first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Thanks.
    I can't necessarily teach you, but I can put up a process image with explanations. No one can actually teach another how to do art. You can go through anatomy books and study how professionals paint, but you have to teach yourself. Practice, practice and practice some more. Don't worry about style, it'll develop as you learn.
    That would be very helpful. I believe I am watching you on DA because I like your gallery and I know that sometimes you can't share everything here. . . you naughty girl :-P

You can absolutely teach people how to create art. . . I went through 4 years of it :-P Technique is taught, composition, how to think about a piece, how to see color. I never took any of the digital art classes because I just couldn't fit them into my schedule. . . which is why I try to learn from people I admire online now ;-)

With digital art, it is very helpful to know what programs and brushes people use, how the opacity and fill options are set, etc. Then you can use that as a basis to experiment and get your own techniques down, that's what I'm really curious about. Your color work is very vibrant and painterly, and I really enjoy that. Do you use Photoshop of Painter?

I have been playing around in Painter and it is a powerful program and quite awesome, but for some reason I am more comfortable with Photoshop.

Keep up the nice pandaren work. . . I like the variety in the sizes of all your models.

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Heh, just wanted to give you a heads-up in case you're anything like me, and stop seeing potential mistakes after staring at the same thing for hours.

Alex has similar horns to what you're going for. I can see what you're trying to do with the way her further horn looks like it comes out the top of her head, it just feels like you could tweak your version a bit.
    Thanks, I can play around with the angles a bit. . . super easy to do with a digital piece!

I love Alex btw. . . she's my next subject.

Armory
    DeviantART

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be very helpful. I believe I am watching you on DA because I like your gallery and I know that sometimes you can't share everything here. . . you naughty girl :-P

You can absolutely teach people how to create art. . . I went through 4 years of it :-P Technique is taught, composition, how to think about a piece, how to see color. I never took any of the digital art classes because I just couldn't fit them into my schedule. . . which is why I try to learn from people I admire online now ;-)

With digital art, it is very helpful to know what programs and brushes people use, how the opacity and fill options are set, etc. Then you can use that as a basis to experiment and get your own techniques down, that's what I'm really curious about. Your color work is very vibrant and painterly, and I really enjoy that. Do you use Photoshop of Painter?

I have been playing around in Painter and it is a powerful program and quite awesome, but for some reason I am more comfortable with Photoshop.

Keep up the nice pandaren work. . . I like the variety in the sizes of all your models.
    You might be interested in this website.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin View Post
    I thought about what you guys had said for the piece Tony would color, and honestly.. I haven't done anything for myself in a long time. All the inks I had were commissions, and I just didn't have anything that I could say was for me..

So I did this:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...24-d4kn8y3.jpg
    http://MagicalMelonBall.deviantart.c...-Ink-276541707

Trying my hand at one of my favorite styles: Art Nouveau.. Well, more specifically -- Alphonse Mucha.
    Awesome, a night elf Only thing I have to say though is that I suggest you add a line or something to define her chin from the rest of face somehow, I don't know, looks a bit weird, maybe it will look better with shading and such, but now it's like something is lacking.

What I mean by 'can't teach art' is that I can't make people better, I can only show them how I work and critique them. The reason I say this is because I've had quite a few youngsters and parents on and outside of the internet beg me to make them/their kids magically amazing at art. Many people think that once you learn something you're done. They don't realize that once a growing artist is taught something they must use that tool to improve.

I can only show techniques, and critique someone as they grow, but I can't make someone improve, that's all. I just try to word what I say carefully so people don't get thrown off.

I'm using PS CS4 at the moment. I'll give you my brush list in a little bit. MMOchamp is derping hard and reloading over and over again. I've had to write this post 3 times already. :P

EDIT: Okay, these are the main two brush packs I use:

This one is the one I've been using for pretty much all of my recent stuff. If I want a textured effect, I play around with the brush settings, such as 'dual brush':
    http://supernitro.deviantart.com/gal...et=24#/d3l3l4y

This one is a good starter pack since many of the brushes are like improved versions default photoshop brushes:
    http://adonihs.deviantart.com/gallery/9827508#/d1ytm3r
    Last edited by Rachel; 2011-12-30 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Try not to use the fill tool. Instead use a big brush for big spaces and a small brush for detailing; general to specific.

I hate saying this, but when trying to figure out the anatomy of something, always consult anatomy books and photo references first, then look at how other artists stylize. Never reference an artist for anatomy unless you already know what your doing and you're just looking for stylization techniques.
    I've actually had to tell a few people in the past not to use my stuff as reference since I make mistakes. I do have a draenei leg tutorial thingy, but that was just to point out the comparative anatomy between human and unguligrade limbs. I still encourage people to look at photos and anatomy books first.
    All feedback and tips much appreciated, no worry . I have SOME knowledge of human body, muscles and such, just not that much. Thus I am still very limited in poses I could make, even when using referencing material in a rush to get the picture done. It's a bit of a side thing for me, though, and I picked the pen up in a very rushful time, with lot going on. I haven't had much time to think about art at all lately, though I do hold interest in developing my skills.

For the fill tool, I haven't actually used it, as I've dreaded it as well, I prefer to use my pens for it. Just this time, even the second smallest brush was almost too big for good coloring, or so I felt when making that. I admit it was a rushed coloring, of course, just need to use more diverse palette. I'm still learning to use Gimp though, so finding all the tools itself is going to take a bit of time to study ^^;. I had my own image for what I wanted to draw, but I had problem getting a proper shaped head and toes, common problem areas for me when drawing taurens, so I borrowed some sketching techniques, and it did also help me understand basic anatomy a little better. Still, I agree, could use actual read on anatomy books, even as an amateur. Had I the luxury of time at the time of drawing, I would've done so, but it is going to be one thing in the list of things to do next year (once I recover).

I'll have to take a closer look at those programs in the morning, If I can find something more convenient than Gimp that allows for pen usage, definitely interested (Hey, I said I'm a bit of an amateur still :P).

Also the elf looks pretty cool, I like it .

Edit: (Note, I'm working on my punctuation and finer English in general, sometimes too many rules slip in from my own language, so please bear with me X) ).
    Last edited by mmoc76846c2eed; 2011-12-30 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Misleading typos/spelling errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Awesome, a night elf Only thing I have to say though is that I suggest you add a line or something to define her chin from the rest of face somehow, I don't know, looks a bit weird, maybe it will look better with shading and such, but now it's like something is lacking.
    Well, it's the ink.. lol So yeah, that's why there isn't any shading. But I'm sending the ink to Tony today so we should see the color hopefully in next month or so.

Thanks Xiphan, I will check that site out. I appreciate it. I am actually looking into options as far as online courses. .. and a subscription to ImagineFX ;-)

What I mean by 'can't teach art' is that I can't make people better, I can only show them how I work and critique them. The reason I say this is because I've had quite a few youngsters and parents on and outside of the internet beg me to make them/their kids magically amazing at art. Many people think that once you learn something you're done. They don't realize that once a growing artist is taught something they must use that tool to improve.

I can only show techniques, and critique someone as they grow, but I can't make someone improve, that's all. I just try to word what I say carefully so people don't get thrown off.
    Don't worry Rachel, you won't offend me or anything so feel free to just say whatever you need to ;-) You can always PM me if you are afraid comments might be misunderstood. This is generally a very constructive and supportive group, even if opinions vary on topics.

EDIT: Okay, these are the main two brush packs I use:

This one is the one I've been using for pretty much all of my recent stuff. If I want a textured effect, I play around with the brush settings, such as 'dual brush':
    http://supernitro.deviantart.com/gal...et=24#/d3l3l4y

This one is a good starter pack since many of the brushes are like improved versions default photoshop brushes:
    http://adonihs.deviantart.com/gallery/9827508#/d1ytm3r
    Thank you, I will check these out.

MagicalMelonBall, I love the new lineart. . . do a few more in that style ;-)

Armory
    DeviantART

Anyone got any Warlock art?

MagicalMelonBall, I love the new lineart. . . do a few more in that style ;-)
    I'm actually very happy with how it turned out. I do very much plan to do more in that style.

Deleted
    I just register here and well well ! Some peoples have posted my picture before, and I thank them for that !

Sadly I can't post links or picture yet so. I appreciate the work of all of you. Even if don't discover a lot of thing, knowing the most of the arts here.

I love the ART nouveau style for Wow, it's a great idea !

Quote Originally Posted by Shalinka View Post
    I just register here and well well ! Some peoples have posted my picture before, and I thank them for that !

Sadly I can't post links or picture yet so. I appreciate the work of all of you. Even if don't discover a lot of thing, knowing the most of the arts here.

I love the ART nouveau style for Wow, it's a great idea !
    Hi, welcome!!!

Do you have a DA account?

Armory
    DeviantART

Deleted
    Yes but I can't link anything with my few number of posts.
    I think I can't put a signature too >>
    You can find me everywhere under the nickname of Shalinka :3