HM Sindragosa 10 - P3

So, our group is having a terrible time getting her down on heroic. I'm not sure what we can do to fix the issue.

I believe that a big part of our issue is the group comp. Our setup is:

Feral Tank: Main tank
    Prot Warrior: Off Tank
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Survival Hunter
    Marks Hunter
    Rogue
    DK
    Enh Shaman

Where we run into issues is the Instability debuff. Without any caster classes, its always hitting two healers and we just can't keep everyone up during P3. We've tried zerging with 1 tank and two healers, 2 tanks 4 healers (enh shaman going resto), two tanks 3 healers and the enh shaman going ele to soak the extra debuff. The entire raid has one frost resist piece on, the tanks having 2-3 pieces on.

People are clearing stacks on every block, tanks are swapping as soon as their stacks drop, and we have assigned positions for instability targets. DPS can usually all put out between 9-11k on other fights, though keeping their Chilled to the Bone stacks down brings it a tad lower in this fight.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as we are at our wits end with this boss. Last thing to do for our damn drakes!

Get more casters and make disci priest go holy.
    Eventually make druid go resto and pally go tanking, that will make a difference.

If you're having healing issues just tell your melees to chill dps before they get a lot of debuffs. Sindragosa is all about survivability. And let the rogue kill the iceblocks, they stack up debuffs way faster than other classes if they're on boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek View Post
    Dont be bad
    How about shut the hell up and actually give some constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq View Post
    Get more casters and make disci priest go holy.
    Holy makes me sad, but I'd certainly be willing to give it a shot.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by henern View Post
    If you're having healing issues just tell your melees to chill dps before they get a lot of debuffs. Sindragosa is all about survivability. And let the rogue kill the iceblocks, they stack up debuffs way faster than other classes if they're on boss.
    OK. We've had the DK/Rogue on blocks, but he could certainly handle them on his own. That would eek out a bit more dps on Sindy from the DK. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek View Post
    Dont be bad
    Funny, this is coming from the hunter who disengaged off the Frozen throne after getting picked up by a valk.
    www youtube com/watch?v=3RlSkWZAQC8 Teach us how to play plz
    Last edited by gookslammer; 2010-09-09 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltypoison View Post
    Holy makes me sad, but I'd certainly be willing to give it a shot.
    Thing is, with current setup you are focused more on singletarget, castable direct heals. As holy you will get renew as a decent HoT and alot of others and faster aoe heals. Hide behing a block and cast PoH there on self, it will ignore Los.

If you can, make the shammy go ele. Its a smart debuff, when we had 3 healers and 2 caster dps, we never had 2 healers picked at time, always 1 caster 1 healer. A resto druid instead of a holy pally would help alot too.
    As for melee try make them not to go above 4-5 debuffs. Go with tries for survivability, after you find yourself with enrage problems, than try to push it more.

Also, have ice tombs placed just at the edges of her hitbox, just watch out for cleave, breath and tail swipe. This will give dps more time to damage the boss between the tombs, and also healer with unchained magic can go bit behind and try to continue healing. If a caster gets the debuff, just make him hide behing the block and do nothing till it ends.

Eh, you'll face way too much RNG having 0 ranged DPS. It would royally suck if, say you get 2 of yours healers with the debuff & your 3rd healer gets the Ice Block?

I personally would never dare going with at least 1 range. You can 2 heal the fight, if one of the range has a DPS set & spec. I don't recommend that, but with that setup it's truly the only option you have.

Well, after re looking at the group setup tell the Enhance Shaman to get a Elemental spec & gear. Hell, even just throwing something together just to be debuff bitch isn't bad considering he'll have the debuff 100% of the time when it goes out.

pally tank ftw, ardent defender!

your biggest problem is you have no caster dps...which means unchained magic will always be on the healers...get your ENH shaman to go Ele...i play enhance and since we stack haste windfury procs...we can stack the melee debuff extremely quick...very usefull for him to go ele for sindy HM as i did

and if they arent it helps a WHOLE LOT if your tanks have 3 piece Frost reistance..and your dps // heals have 1 piece of frost resist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    funny, this is coming from the hunter who disengaged off the frozen throne after getting picked up by a valk.
    Www youtube com/watch?v=3rlskwzaqc8 teach us how to play plz
    lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Have your enh shammy go eley. Have your druid tank go boom or cat. Single tank with the warrior, healing with pally and disc priest. I 1 tank / 2 heal this every week. Make sure debuffs are dropped on everyone but the MT during P3 and burn hard and fast. Break the first and second block, then leave them and burn.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

yeh, as other said get your ench shammy to go ele and be debuff biatch.
    you need some kind of caster dps there as iceblock+two healers debuffed is not funny, rest of your setup is fine we run it like this with resto shammy disc priest and pally and it works great + just remember to stack and do not cast anything if you have the debuff.

two tanks are fine and we drop stacks almost like on all you can eat (but bit more relaxed if you need to stay out you can still do it).

so tldr; enh -> ele, healers stay as you are, tanks taunt and drop as normal, rog on blocks rest dps the boss but do no push it its more important to stay alive than do 500 more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltypoison View Post
    So, our group is having a terrible time getting her down on heroic. I'm not sure what we can do to fix the issue.

I believe that a big part of our issue is the group comp. Our setup is:

Feral Tank: Main tank
    Prot Warrior: Off Tank
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Survival Hunter
    Marks Hunter
    Rogue
    DK
    Enh Shaman

Where we run into issues is the Instability debuff. Without any caster classes, its always hitting two healers and we just can't keep everyone up during P3. We've tried zerging with 1 tank and two healers, 2 tanks 4 healers (enh shaman going resto), two tanks 3 healers and the enh shaman going ele to soak the extra debuff. The entire raid has one frost resist piece on, the tanks having 2-3 pieces on.

People are clearing stacks on every block, tanks are swapping as soon as their stacks drop, and we have assigned positions for instability targets. DPS can usually all put out between 9-11k on other fights, though keeping their Chilled to the Bone stacks down brings it a tad lower in this fight.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as we are at our wits end with this boss. Last thing to do for our damn drakes!
    Firstly make sure your Unchained Magic debuff people are moving to the side so they can still do something, dispite doing some AoE.

Secondly the unchained magic will always go to 1 caster dps and 1 healer. Because you have no caster dps, you're losing 2 healers. The only reasonable way to solve this is to get a csater dps. You need a much more balanced group for the hard modes.

Yesterday we gave it our first real try on her and it went down to 2.7% /Cry

What's really important is that you have to stay focus all the time and be really coordinated. Holy pala needs to have JoL up 100% of the time on P3, that helps a lot. Make sure also that you clean your stacks when you reach 5 of them.

Tip: If you have unchained magic on P3 and your staying on an iceblock, cast like you didn't have the debuff. The iceblock is going to clear your stacks without anyone taking dmg.

K im gonna give you a pro tip( and this is assuming your group is well geared, which im assuming you are), DO NOT cast when you have unchained magic. Because of the AE damage it is not worth it to cast. Like OP said it will always go on 1 healer and 1 DPS. If you 3 heal the encounter, you have the 2 healers picking up on the damage and you are losing 1 DPS. The fight truly is not a DPS race as you can tell from p3. Truly its not worth it especially in p3, but even before that you can place people in spots and let them cast, but you risk blowing up when you are pulled in during the cold freeze or w/e. The second problem with this is that most people have the people with unchained behind the group, when you are pulled in, the further you are away the longer it takes to be pulled in which is dangerous because many times you may not make it out of range before the AE happens, and if you do not time instability correctly you suffer the risk of blowing up as you get into the group, that have all been pulled to the same location as you.

That truly will help though. The other thing is to get everybody in your raid to calm down in p3. The focus is staying alive and resetting stacks, dont focus on the DPS (of course unless your coming close to enrage)

I totally feel you on this one, i myself had alot of trouble with HM sind, as when p3 hits the fight becomes hectic naturally and your group needs to be able to adjust on the fly.

so for p3 heres the way to do it. Stack on back leg (whole group), the second tank should begin to make their way to front of the dragon to pick her up. The first frost beacon goes to front foot enough away from the tank to not chain him. You then need to adjust as you may get shit RNG and get a healer tombed and a healer with unchained, which will not be pretty but nothing you can do about unfortunate RNG short of trying your best. Assign 1 person to be the breaker of tombs, and assign a second to break incase of the first is is going to be tombed. Second tomb, goes to back foot, and as it sets everyone moves and DPS's on the way then behind block to reset. Rinse and repeat, the front tomb being left up briefly for tanks to reset stacks. Holy pally can LOS easily to keep tanks up. But seriously the key is staying calm and not rushing it, cant tell you how many 1% wipes on her i had.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny, this is coming from the hunter who disengaged off the Frozen throne after getting picked up by a valk.
    www youtube com/watch?v=3RlSkWZAQC8 Teach us how to play plz
    lol burned, oh man he just got burned. What an amateur.

funny, this is coming from the hunter who disengaged off the frozen throne after getting picked up by a valk.
    Www youtube com/watch?v=3rlskwzaqc8 teach us how to play plz
    oh snap

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Internet explorer, burn it.