Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Give it more time to unfold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Amazing, everyone is already QQing without knowing what really is...

Most likely it's the mechanic to STOP non-Cataclysm lvl 80 getting flying on Azeroth.

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 01:17 AM ----------

Pretty much. Looks like WoW players come always with the worst possible scenario...
    I hope that's what its for.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

It will probably require 75-78 to learn so you cant go flying around at 60 joyriding and all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_and_Juri View Post
    It will probably require 75-78 to learn so you cant go flying around at 60 joyriding and all.
    It will require 80 and it will be only for Cataclysm players. Mark my words.

I hope it will have about a 5000 gold cost. We need to get $$$ out of the economy since inflation is becoming a problem on some servers

My guess is that you'd just go to a mount trainer and learn it free of charge, or for a very low fee (100g or less), as it's mandatory for leveling through questing in all zones except for Vashj'ir.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    I hope it will have about a 5000 gold cost. We need to get $$$ out of the economy since inflation is becoming a problem on some servers
    Then I for one will not being leveling to 85. I suck at gold. I get 1-2k and then I see a new shiny. I like shinies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofraz View Post
    Then I for one will not being leveling to 85. I suck at gold. I get 1-2k and then I see a new shiny. I like shinies.
    Don't worry, it will not. Flying is actually mandatory for lvling in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    They can beter do that on a other way.
    Like making the enchants overprices(shoulder+head) And making the rest of the mats easier to find.

Re-posting this:

1. Blizzard promised us that we would be able to fly in Azeroth as soon as Cata was released
    2. Many of the zones in Beta ( Deepholme, Mount Hyjal ) require you to get to high places to complete quests ( Kill a bird in a nest on top a mountain for example, or reach an area and kill a "blue quest reward NPC..that I can tell you there is no way of walking there ) so I really cannot see Blizzard saying "You have to have X amount of gold to be able to quest in the new areas..if you do not then fuck you"

So I pretty much think it will be there when we log in, or we will have to learn it as a skill. So I wouldn't worry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy23 View Post
    Re-posting this:

1. Blizzard promised us that we would be able to fly in Azeroth as soon as Cata was released
    2. Many of the zones in Beta ( Deepholme, Mount Hyjal ) require you to get to high places to complete quests ( Kill a bird in a nest on top a mountain for example, or reach an area and kill a "blue quest reward NPC..that I can tell you there is no way of walking there ) so I really cannot see Blizzard saying "You have to have X amount of gold to be able to quest in the new areas..if you do not then fuck you"

So I pretty much think it will be there when we log in, or we will have to learn it as a skill. So I wouldn't worry
    They did that for Storm Peaks and Ice Crown in WotLK. You can't quest in either of those areas without paying for cold weather flying.

I remember being pissed off about it too.

why is everyone complaining?Trust me I'm dirt poor and probably won't be able to afford azeroth flying mounts for a while but I think it's better that way, puts more use to the epic ground mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    They did that for Storm Peaks and Ice Crown in WotLK. You can't quest in either of those areas without paying for cold weather flying.

Not true. You can get a loaner mount from a goblin at K3 in Storm Peaks if you can't afford Cold Weather Flying. You are just stuck at 150% speed, I think. But we'll have to wait and see. If there is a charge, I'll be annoyed, but I'll still pay. It probably won't cost more than Cold Weather flying, and I have over 22,000 gold saved up so far

Deleted

Difference, Storm Peaks and Icecrown weren't mandatory for leveling, Hyjal and Deepholm are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Not true. You can get a loaner mount from a goblin at K3 in Storm Peaks if you can't afford Cold Weather Flying. You are just stuck at 150% speed, I think. But we'll have to wait and see. If there is a charge, I'll be annoyed, but I'll still pay. It probably won't cost more than Cold Weather flying, and I have over 22,000 gold saved up so far
    Dang, now I'm just mad at myself.

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Difference, Storm Peaks and Icecrown weren't mandatory for leveling, Hyjal and Deepholm are.
    Point noted.

stop freaking out. if you do have to buy it, im sure cata will provide you with the gold to do it. Remember Northrend flight? Everyone complained about that, but by the time you got high enough to get it, you had that money plus some. You'll be fine if you have to pay it. You already get epics for free in wrath, I think you can handle actually earning something

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang, now I'm just mad at myself.

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 12:47 AM ----------

Point noted.
    That's what the goblin by the flight point at K3 with Used Mounts if for. But yeah, it's not very well advertised, and I only know about it because I saw someone with a loaner mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    This is how rumors start. There was NO listing of a cost on the front page and there was NO listing of it being an acquired ability through a quest (as WotLK was planned to be for CWF), that being said, there is NO reason to jump to conclusions. Wait for a blue post to tell you.
    This.

It will require 80 and it will be only for Cataclysm players. Mark my words.
    Cataclysm is set for level 78 players.

Vashj'ir and Hyjal are 78-81 zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Cataclysm is set for level 78 players.

Vashj'ir and Hyjal are 78-81 zones.
    Not anymore, they are 80-81 zones.