Generic talents =[

So this thread might be a little qq, but it is in regards to the on going talent changes.

More and more classes are getting similar, boring talents which is the exact opposite of what Blizzard said was their intention with the new talent trees. Now if as time went on they were weeding out these talents I wouldn't be complaining, but as time goes on they are actually adding more of them...

Balance druid - Nature's grace. Increases your spell haste by 1/2/3%
    Survival hunter - Improved Tracking. Increases your ranged haste by 1/2/3%
    Arcane mage - Netherwind presence. Increases your spell haste by 1/2/3%
    Shadow priest - Darkness. Increases your spell haste by 1/2/3%
    There are also a few classes getting +3/6/10% stamina talents.

Does anyone know why Blizzard are heading back in this direction? Is it just there are some needed to be filled, or have people asked for them?
    I would also like to take this opportunity to /pat all feral druids who will miss "Om nom nom" Unlucky guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste has the capability to change your rotation so it falls in line with their philosophy.

I guess stamina is also game changing as well.

Things like "You do more fire damage" or "You do 5% more damage with your attacks" are the kind of things they wanted to get rid of because they don't change how you play at all most of the time.

That's fair enough, I just thought they were getting rid of some interesting talents for the sake of balance /whatever. I would hate to see Blizzard changing to boring talents simply for balance issues /shudder.
    Thanks for answering!

You're forgetting the most important aspect of those listed talents - THEY'RE DESIGNED FOR SUPSPECCING!!

all of those talents are within the first two tiers of their trees, which are talents that are designed to be attractive a sub-spec talents.
    That is why these talents aren't as "exciting" as the rest

10+ Year Old Account
    They also said that the very tops of the trees are going to be boring because those are the first talents new players will be taking and they want them to be simple enough for everyone to understand.

I love how they nerfed NG into the ground.

Yay, Boomkins will be like they were in TBC And Vanilla.

Shitty.

Well they weren't too hard to understand before, not unless you're 5.
    Take Nature's grace as an example, non periodic spell crits had a chance to grant you a proc increasing your haste. That is easy enough to understand and much more interesting than 3% haste. It is also just as useful for subspeccing, before it effected resto and balance druids, just as it does now.

I can see the benefits of simple talents like that but I wouldn't say it is necessary...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antuzin View Post

Shitty.
    I love how changing one talent destroys an entire spec.

Wait, Nature's Grace is all that kept boomkins going?

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Well they weren't too hard to understand before, not unless you're 5.
    Take Nature's grace as an example, non periodic spell crits had a chance to grant you a proc increasing your haste. That is easy enough to understand and much more interesting than 3% haste. It is also just as useful for subspeccing, before it effected resto and balance druids, just as it does now.

I can see the benefits of simple talents like that but I wouldn't say it is necessary...
    Yeah, some of them probably didn't need it, but I think a constant 3% haste is going to be better than a random 15% overall (at least at lower gear levels, which everyone will be at for a while).

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I love how changing one talent destroys an entire spec.

Wait, Nature's Grace is all that kept boomkins going?
    Nature's grace was a huuuuuge DPS increase.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61346

vs

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/61346/

Huge nerf.

Oh, and I love how we already have an IDENTICAL talent to the new NG.

Celestial Focus, yay!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=16924

Shitty.
    Please don't just qq without backing up your opinion. They will be nothing like they were in Vanilla. They couldn't even shapeshift into a moonkin with the earlier Vanilla talents.

10+ Year Old Account

vs

Huge nerf.

Celestial Focus, yay!

Because, you know, this isn't a totally new expansion or anything. They definitely aren't going to balance Balance around their new talents, nosiree.

vs

Huge nerf.

Celestial Focus, yay!

It's beta.

How do you know that it's a nerf? Maybe Boomkins were OP to begin with and are now in line with other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Please don't just qq without backing up your opinion. They will be nothing like they were in Vanilla. They couldn't even shapeshift into a moonkin with the earlier Vanilla talents.
    I didn't say they would be identical, I said we would be bad.

Which we were, in both Vanilla and TBC.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 09:25 PM ----------

Because, you know, this isn't a totally new expansion or anything. They definitely aren't going to balance Balance around their new talents, nosiree.
    Mark my words, when Cataclysm drops Boomkins will drop off the face of the earth, and only the people who like the gameplay will stay.

Why suck when you can be OP like Resto, or Shadow Priests, or Frost Mages?

It's beta.

How do you know that it's a nerf? Maybe Boomkins were OP to begin with and are now in line with other classes.
    20% (Nearly 100% uptime for any boomkin with reasonable gear) - 3% =

Wait for it..

17% haste nerf.
    Last edited by Antuzin; 2010-09-10 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    20% (Nearly 100% uptime for any boomkin with reasonable gear) - 3% =

Wait for it..

17% haste nerf.
    It wouldn't have been 100% or near 100% uptime in Cataclysm anyway. Crit levels will drop a lot, as they always do, until maybe the final tier when you might've come close to 100% uptime again.

Mark my words, when Cataclysm drops Boomkins will drop off the face of the earth, and only the people who like the gameplay will stay.
    Like BM and Frost throughout WotLK? And Arms Warriors in ICC?

It's not like your class is somehow 'broken' despite being able to starfall treants backpedal and get 2200 rating in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is a nerf (and a loss of a cool game mechanic to me), but this was certainly necessary
    otherwise why did they nerf us ?

what is strange to me is the blizzard philosophy to clean up all those +x% dmg uncool talents
    and this is what we have here :
    Balance of Power no longer increases your chance to hit with spells, increases your nature and arcane spell damage by 1/2% instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't have been 100% or near 100% uptime in Cataclysm anyway. Crit levels will drop a lot, as they always do, until maybe the final tier when you might've come close to 100% uptime again.
    Actually, it does have pretty much 100% uptime. Thats what happens when you never drop below 60+% crit, and spend 50% of your time at 100% crit.

I don't know how balance druids will play, I will withhold judgement until I have a chance to see my own in action.

I am disapointed by some of the new talents, the whole reason they claimed to cut the trees down was to get rid of these 'lackluster' talents. they claimed to want to get rid of the 'requisite' talents, things that everyone HAD to get, in favor of things you could choose to get in order to change the way you play. I'm sorry, but 3% more haste is not going to change your play style. If you know anything about how those classes play, 3% haste is like a few hundreds of a second off each cast, it isn't going to change any cast rotations. Also, instead of giving us the chance to pick and choose the 'new and exciting talents', we now simply have to choose EVERY talent.....how is that creative or exciting, or... in any way cool? For example, a balance druid gets to leave out 2 talents from their primary tree....thats it....so yeah where is the flexibility there?

I thought I would throw another example out there, look at the 2nd tier resto talent, master shifter. It increases balance dmg done by 4%. That is an absolutely requisite talent, you cannot ever expect to be competitive without it. But hey guess what, with the points requirements to get to the bottom of the balance tree, you have exactly 2 points to spend on 'fun talents' after you get master shifter. SO there we are again, with a spec that every single balance druid will use,.....give or take 2 whole talent points......thats right....2. The most variation you will see in balance druid specs is TWO points.
    Last edited by Wiyld; 2010-09-10 at 01:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Actually, it does have pretty much 100% uptime. Thats what happens when you never drop below 60+% crit, and spend 50% of your time at 100% crit.
    This is a Cataclysm discussion in a Cataclysm forum. I was clearly speaking of Cataclysm.