Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That was I read it, the change to UA simply means you can't have immo and UA on the same target (or 2 UAs on one target), which is what it does now. So I quess it's just a tooltip clarification. Compare to bane of havoc, which states the same thing (only 1 bane active per target), but in addition states that you can only have 1 BoH active.

lmao^^ if we have 100k hp it still only heals for 500. Thats a lot less then now at lvl 80.

SL isnt even close to op atm lol. If the SB:SoC makes it op then give us back the SL dot for crist sake.

Using Life tap in Pvp is like asking to die in cata. healers will qq about it in PvE.

wow blizz just fucks us up more and more and they never fix anything that needs fixing. Soul swap still useless. shadow embrace. pandemic refreshing BoA and not haunt. SB:Soc is a talent point lol, they cant even come up with something else to take its place. shadowflame is useless. still no ways to escape melee. interrupts all over the place and we're totally fucked if interrpted.

Blizz wants all warlocks to spec demo in cata. YES WE GET THAT BLIZZ BUT YOU DONT NEED TO FUCK UP AFFLI

Do Warlocks actually spread Immo/UA around to other targets?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Immolate,dont think so. But if you couldnt use UA on more then 1 target aff locks would be shit in arena and pvp. not to mention our multi doting would suck. our multi doting is already nerfed with shadow embrace and haunt, making UA 1 target only would be overkill.

Is there a possibility that the 1% might be a placeholder?
    Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    another poster just got the same idea as I did with the UA change:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post8796040

wat u think? maybe it's real :S
    any1 on beta can confirm?
    it means that you and another poster can't read...

If the idea was just to lower the amount of healing, that could have been done by dropping the current 40% to 15% or something, but by doing it this way, it makes me think the priority is to unlink the self heal from damage done and link it to health pools instead.

PvE geared players do more damage than PvP geared ones. PvP geared players have higher health pools than PvE geared ones. So instead of Siphon Life ticking more for PvE than PvP, it will now tick more for PvP than PvE. To me, this makes tons of sense and in purely mechanical, balance terms, it's a great change. In terms of numbers, it's crappy, but everyone knows the response you should expect if your only compaint is about the numbers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    Is there a possibility that the 1% might be a placeholder?
    That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the change. The second was that they are making themselves look dumb again after a good start with warlock changes for cata.

Even if they were serious it might as well be a placeholder because nobody has a skull thick enough to not get through it that a 50% chance for a 1% heal for 2 talent points is a hilarious joke at best.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense right? Lets cut your self-healing down so the healers who are ALREADY bitching about healing mana cost in Cataclysm will have to heal you more...sigh.

I really,really,really wonder what Blizzard smokes at 3am in the morning.....

well since they didnt want to go below 1% they made it a 50% chance to proc instead. for some reason they wanted the heal to be absurdly small. They could just made it a 5% heal with 100% proc chance and then later adjust the numbers. 0.25% of your total hp per talent point... /facepalm

SL is almost useless now
    now lets take a look at the awesome answers, let's see how people try to refute this argument
    You have 2 other Specs to choose from bro. No one said you have to be Affliction.
    how does playing another spec fix affliction or SL?

You have AoE.
    lol.

Q: Who is SL more important for, PvE or PvP locks?

Q: Who does more damage with corruption, PvE geared lock with all raid buffs and full Shadow Embrace, or PvP geared lock up against a resil-capped opponent in arena?

Q: Who has more health, the 'lock in the raid or the one in the arena?

Q: Which stat, damage or health, does it make more sense to link SL to?

As for numbers, if that's the complaint you must have missed the memo that they are changing the mechanics now and will adjust the numbers later.

Blizz is completely ruining all that is fun about Affliction in cata. What are the two main aspects about Affliction? (or at least was)
    Transferring health from the enemy to you, and having a lot of DoTs.

They have already ruined the fun of playing affliction when they removed Immo and SL, but what still keeps this spec interesting to me is the self healing. But that will also be ruined in cata. Drain Life and Siphon Life will heal you for % of your hp. They wont have anything to do with your damage anymore.

Also the -0.5sec GCD on Corruption got removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    Blizz is completely ruining all that is fun about Affliction in cata. What are the two main aspects about Affliction? (or at least was)
    Transferring health from the enemy to you, and having a lot of DoTs.

They have already ruined the fun of playing affliction when they removed Immo and SL, but what still keeps this spec interesting to me is the self healing. But that will also be ruined in cata. Drain Life and Siphon Life will heal you for % of your hp. They wont have anything to do with your damage anymore.

Also the -0.5sec GCD on Corruption got removed.
    I thought the most fun thing about Afflic in PvP was dispeling magic from yourself with the Felhunter?

Seriously, the requirement to do damage wont change. However, it will be more beneficial to think more about survivability than focus entirely on damage just to get hit points back. The intent for Warlocks is to survive through mitigation, not kiting and dealing damage, this change once the numbers are final will certainly help towards that end.

It may not be so bad with soul burn SoC hitting 5-10 targets with corruption.
    Also if they up the drain life damage/healing enough then it will all even out.

From the looks of it, Demonology is looking mighty OP atm in Cata...

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I thought the most fun thing about Afflic in PvP was dispeling magic from yourself with the Felhunter?

Seriously, the requirement to do damage wont change. However, it will be more beneficial to think more about survivability than focus entirely on damage just to get hit points back. The intent for Warlocks is to survive through mitigation, not kiting and dealing damage, this change once the numbers are final will certainly help towards that end.
    in pvp? yes. and they're also ruining that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    in pvp? yes. and they're also ruining that.
    It will address the issue whereby Affliction sucks at the start of the expansion because it can't do enough damage to regenerate enough health to ensure survival, and thus wont come into it's own until towards the end.

It will address the issue whereby Affliction sucks at the start of the expansion because it can't do enough damage to regenerate enough health to ensure survival, and thus wont come into it's own until towards the end.
    Not sure what you mean. At the start of the expansion, everyone have bad gear, so the damage you take and the damage you deal will be lower, so it doesnt make any difference. making it scale with health was unnecessarily. We will prob just go back to stacking stamina and becoming drain tanks like in TBC.

Deleted
    It will heal for less at 85 than it heals for now, and will heal for a far smaller percentage of our health.